Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299818 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: Session on Saturday (always recruiting)
« Reply #3345 on: February 01, 2012, 09:36:45 pm »

Eh, I figured Arcane Guidance would be overpowered. Dang. As for the Supernatural Talents, most of those are similar to the effects of psionic feats; somewhat like getting a bonus feat from a very limited list. The shield and armor bit crossed my mind, but I figured you'd be able to spare two level one spells per encounter when you get up in levels.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: February 01, 2012, 10:45:28 pm »

Hey shoruke, what's the chance of a Sunday game instead of a Saturday game? I can say definitively that I will not be able to attend a Friday or Saturday game this week, and probably not the next two weeks afterwards.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: February 02, 2012, 12:45:30 am »

It occurs to me that ninjas like to deny people their dexterity bonus to AC. This seems a little difficult at present, so I thought that some extra options would be nice.

Dirty fighter[tactical]:
 pre: imp. unarmed strike, quick draw, any precision-based damage ability.
This feat provides the following three manoeuvres:
 Sand chuck:
  As a standard action you may throw a granular or sticky substance at an opponent's eyes. This requires a successful ranged touch attack against the opponents and has a maximum range of 10 feet. If the opponent is hit they become blinded unless they succeed at a reflex save against a D.C. of 10 plus half the character's total hit dice plus the character's dexterity modifier. The opponent remains blinded until they either spend a dull-round action to clear their eyes, which requires an additional reflex save, or completely immerse their visual receptors in water or a similar cleansing substance. This manoeuvre requires a granular or sticky substance, such as sand or mud, which may be drawn from the environment(usually as a part of the standard action) or may be carried by a prepared character.
 Low Blow: As a standard action you perform an unarmed strike against an opponent. This requires an attack roll and deals damage as normal. If the attack successfully deals damage then they must make a fortitude save against a D.C. of half the character's total hit dice plus ten plus the character's strength modifier, or become nauseated for two rounds.
 Nerve Pinch: As a standard action the character may jab an opponent in an arm or a leg. This requires an attack roll and deals damage as normal. If the target takes damage then they may make a will save (D.C. 10 + damage dealt) or suffer one of the following penalties for 10 rounds:
  -2 to attack rolls using a specific arm. This does not stack when applied multiple times to the same limb.
  -2(to a minimum of 0) to shield A.C. granted using a specific arm. This does not stack when applied multiple times to the same limb.
  -4 to opposed rolls to resist being disarmed. This does not stack when applied multiple times to the same limb.
  -5 feet to a movement speed using a specific leg, subject cannot charge or run. This does not stack with itself.
  -4 to opposed rolls made to resist being bull-rushed or knocked prone. This does not stack with itself.

Sensory focus:
 The character may focus upon a single sense to the exclusion of others. This feat may be activated as a free action and has unlimited duration. When active, this feat causes the character to become blinded and deafened, however the character becomes immune to becoming flat-footed due to blindness or suffering a penalty to initiative due to deafness. Furthermore, when this feat is active the character may choose one of the following effects:
 Vision: The character is not blinded by this feat and gains a +5 bonus to spot and search checks and may reroll spot checks once each and take the higher result. If the character is blinded then they lose all benefits of this feat.
 Sound: The character is not deafened by this feat and gains +5 to listen checks. Further-more, the character automatically pin-points anything they hear and may ignore concealment if they beat the D.C. by twenty. If the character becomes deafened then they lose all benefits of this feat.
 Tactile: The character gains blind-sight with a range of five feet. If they become numbed then...
 Odourtory : The character gains the scent special ability, if they already had the scent special ability then they may increase its range by one multiple...

Sticky smoke-bomb: This may be thrown as a deranged-touch-attack with a derange increment of ten feet to a maximum distance of 30 feet. Whatever it hits produces opaque smoke of a 5-foot radius for four rounds. It may be removed from a surface as a move-action with a 50% failure chance due to concealment.

P.S.
 These seem pretty horrible to me, any advice would be appreciated...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: February 02, 2012, 01:20:19 am »

Sand chuck and nerve pinch might be a little op. But you have some minor harsh prerecks so perhaps not.

Sensory focus is very strange. Although it does not seem op.

Sticky smoke is also strange, but not really op. Well. Maybe if you can hit someone with it. Or not. Also high winds and time should most likely dissipate it like they do all smoke effects.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: February 02, 2012, 01:28:21 am »

Deranged touch attacks!  :P For the crazy ones, of course.

Tactile sensory focus would be silly, considering that blind people already have the ability to use touch to see within 5 feet and there is a magic item that grants 60' blindsight for a few thousand gold.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: February 02, 2012, 02:32:16 am »

That magic item is a little obscure and may not make it past the D.M.'s power-gaming senses... The point of that feat was to allow folk to negate concealment, which would be vital for a ninja that covers the battle-field in smoke and wants to get their sneak-attack damage. It seems to me that ninjas should have a feel of 'whatever it takes' and should get bonuses to using alchemical agents, setting traps, and basically doing whatever it takes to have an unfair fight. Custom ninja class anyone?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: February 02, 2012, 06:41:24 pm »

Hm... Initiator/shadowcaster blend perhaps?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: February 03, 2012, 09:10:31 pm »

Yeah, I'll set the game for Sunday this week instead of Saturday. (which technically makes it next week, but that's just me being too specific for my own good)

Also, I'll put up a poll for whether we should have games on Sundays in future, or Saturdays.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: February 03, 2012, 09:19:24 pm »

Awesome. I was just gonna say I can't make saturday this week lol

I should have a backstory by some time tomorrow night!
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: February 03, 2012, 09:23:34 pm »

Well, past this week, neither works really, but after build season ends, Saturday.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: February 03, 2012, 10:03:22 pm »

I have another game on Sunday, so depending on where this game falls I may be unable to make it.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: February 03, 2012, 10:05:35 pm »

I'll be a bit late, and I may not make it at all depending on how my homework goes tomorrow and Sunday morning. I really need to study the hell out of pointers and array functions in C.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: February 03, 2012, 11:23:28 pm »

I also have another game on Sunday, so Saturday would be best, depending on the time of course.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: February 04, 2012, 02:17:28 am »

Can we get an 'either' option? Either works for me, but I want to pick the day that works for more people.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: February 05, 2012, 11:57:33 am »

I think I can be forgiven for not writing a journal to last 'session', but did you guys end up straightening things out and getting stuff done after I bailed?

Anyway, let's hope this session goes better. :X
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 244