Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300003 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: Session on Saturday (always recruiting)
« Reply #3150 on: January 19, 2012, 10:23:18 pm »

What template are you using for half celestial?

The 2000 gp for any enchantment on cold iron hasn't been paid, so I could only buy a +1 for one half of the sword.

Ahhhhhhh... Okay. That is our disconnect. I forgot about that. Yeah. I have no idea how that works. Sorry I was being stupid.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: January 19, 2012, 10:38:04 pm »

Template.

Ahhhhhhh... Okay. That is our disconnect. I forgot about that. Yeah. I have no idea how that works. Sorry I was being stupid.
It's fine; sorry if I came across as snapping at you in my half of the exchange.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: January 19, 2012, 11:17:34 pm »

Ah. Interesting template. Goes dubble for the skills part.

It's fine; sorry if I came across as snapping at you in my half of the exchange.

have no worries about that, you did not seem impatient at all.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: January 19, 2012, 11:29:31 pm »

Spoiler: Alignment Tallies (click to show/hide)
I just went through the listed character sheets in the first post. Interestingly, this campaign has been mostly Chaotic Neutral and Lawful Good. True Neutral came in third, but (this surprised me a bit) nobody has a Chaotic Good character! That would seem like one of the most common alignments, but maybe I'm just the outlier in that school of thought.

In summary: Chaotic Neutral is more popular than I thought.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: January 20, 2012, 01:17:24 am »

We are a combination of greedy bastards, zealots and people who just go "Eh, whatever.". What an awesome party!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: January 20, 2012, 01:49:39 am »

Er. No. You already have payed all the masterwork and special material costs. All it would take is just buying the +1. Which you need eventually anyway. It would only take 2000 to add +1 to ether blade. 4000 for both. Which you have. And you need anyway.
The 2000 gp for any enchantment on cold iron hasn't been paid, so I could only buy a +1 for one half of the sword.
Furthermore, it comes up every time it is enchanted, so you would want to get it to at least, lets say, +3(3x3x2+2=20000gp) total equivalent enchantment? in one big hit. That would keep your cold-iron expenses down to 10%... But it is essentially two separate weapons for customisation purposes, so you may as well slap a +1 onto the silver right away...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: January 20, 2012, 10:45:07 am »

Could someone explain to me how that works? I really want to get me a shocking weapon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: January 20, 2012, 11:02:20 am »

Shock is a +1 bonus.

You need at least a unnamed +1

So a shock weapon is at least +2 weapon total.

For 8 thousand gold you can upgrade one of your weapons to shock.

Also your attack is all sorts of screwed up.

You are large, so most likely using a large Pata right? Which is 2d6. Not 1d8. Also the minus to attack is -2 and -6. Not total -2 -6. Since the Pata is not light that comes out to -4 on each hand.

So: 3 BAB+3DEX+1MW+1WF-1Size-4DW=+3

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: January 20, 2012, 04:58:16 pm »

Is there a session today?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: January 20, 2012, 05:01:06 pm »

Nope. Generally on Saturdays, not Fridays.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: January 20, 2012, 06:18:16 pm »

You lied to me poll.

What time about?

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: January 20, 2012, 06:45:18 pm »

*snip*
I don't use Large weapons. I have the Undersized Weapons thing from Centaurs that only lets me use Medium weapons. Same thing with the reach, I only have 5' reach. Semi-medium-ish.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: January 20, 2012, 06:47:37 pm »

The value of weapon enchantments is equal to the total effective bonus, multiplied by itself, then doubled, and multiplied by one thousand gold pieces.
The total effective bonus is equal to all of the enchantment's effective bonuses added together.
A magic weapon must have a +1 enhancement bonus.
Cold iron adds 2000 whenever you get it enchanted.
The multiple striking surfaces of a weapon with multiple striking surfaces, such as the two heads of a two-bladed sword(probably better referred to as a staff-sword as a two-bladed sword could just as easily be a sword with sharpened edges on both the inside and outside edge, which would make for an interesting weapon in its own right...), are treated as different weapons for enchanting purposes and special materials. So you could have them enchanted at different times. It also costs twice as much to have it made master-work, if I recall correctly...
Magic weapons must be of master-work quality.

So, you have a two-bladed sword with a master-work silver head and a master-work cold iron head. You decide you need some magic to over-come damage reduction, so you put the bare minimum magic(+1 enhancement) on the silver head.
+1=+1 equivalent
1x1x2=2000gp
If you did that to the cold iron head it would add 2000, making the cost 4000...

Then you decide that you are not hitting enough, so you increase the enhancement to +3 on the silver head.
3x3x2=18000gp
the enchantment's value was already 2000 so bringing it up to 18000 costs 16000.

You decide to turn the cold-iron head into a demon-slayer. You add chaotic outsider bane and holy(which requires a rare spell) to it, and to make it legal you also need to add +1 enhancement.
+1=+1
Chaotic Outsider Bane=+1
Holy=+2
1+1+2=4
4x4x2=32000gp
cold iron adds 2000=34000gp
Against a Balor it will now bypass the damage reduction, have +3 to attack bonus, and deal an extra 4d6+3 damage per hit...

Wouldn't you know it, now the place is crawling with eladrin and fey. Add Fey bane and unholy to the cold iron head...(two banes on the same weapon is stretching the benefit a little, three would probably not be worth it...)
Bane=1
Unholy=2
previous=4
1+2+4=7
7*7*2=98000
98000-32000=66000
66000+2000=68000
+1 cold-iron (un)holy blade that is a bane to fey and chaotic outsiders, it cost(the equivalent of) 102000* to make but is only worth 98000*...
*plus mundane costs
sometime later you upgrade it to +4 to bypass epic damage reduction on fey and chaotic outsiders, at which point it is the equivalent of a +10 enchantment, which is the maximum, so you can't do any more with it...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: January 20, 2012, 06:53:15 pm »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: January 20, 2012, 06:55:35 pm »

My favorite new phrase.

It might be cheaper to drop a castle on them. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 244