Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300006 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: Session on Saturday (always recruiting)
« Reply #3090 on: January 17, 2012, 11:34:52 pm »

Well, upon retrospect, I would like to have that shortsword now. It's only because I don't have a magic weapon yet, and that +2 bonus would REALLY help on landing sneak attacks. Plus fire, so that's awesome. Also, Theo already has a magic rapier, where as I am using basic weapons. Sorry Theo. :(

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: January 17, 2012, 11:59:44 pm »

If Theo already has a weapon with a magic plus on it, I'm going to agree with Zako here.

Either he should get the sword, or you should swap weapons with him, if that works.

Since, it's clear Zako would have claimed it, btw, if he had known about weapon re-sizing to race.

UNLESS

Theo is going for a dual wield char. Then, I can see him using it just as well.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: January 18, 2012, 12:16:58 am »

Araph, the "well now" spell you have in a spoiler is fine, as long as "not cumulative with" means "does not stack with". Just being clear.
Those two feats are okay as well, although... they are kinda weird... they're basically made for multiclass paladin/wizards? You do realize paladins have special needs when it comes to multiclassing? Just checking...

Yes, magic items resize themselves to fit their wielders (unless the wielder deliberately forgoes the resizing, making feats like Monkey Grip useful past level 4...). Thus, everyone just makes items for whatever size they are, and nobody really gives a carp.

Oh, I hadn't noticed you'd used the LA Buyoff. The experience earned for level 3 characters is 1,350.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: January 18, 2012, 01:14:24 am »

I thought the exp penalty rule wasn't being used... Or am I thinking of a different campaign?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: January 18, 2012, 02:30:17 am »

I thought the exp penalty rule wasn't being used... Or am I thinking of a different campaign?

What do you mean? There is no rule called that here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: January 18, 2012, 04:45:10 am »

Are you talking about L.A. buy-off? Or paladin multiclassing? It may have been a different campaign but there are one or two about that do not have experience penalties for multiclassing, but paladin restrictions may stil be in, as in, once you leave paladin you can never go back, except perhaps if you had an atonement spell and some good role-playing...

If a character has jumping super-powers, and a weapon has jumping super-powers, then I suggest that they get combined, but the jumping character may be willing to part with some gear to balance the books...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: January 18, 2012, 06:58:35 am »

Yeah, was gonna ask how much we're pricing the Sword. It's not got a magic plus or anything. I assume it's basically a a masterwork longsword with a little frill, and highly situational.

What are we pricing it at against my share of loot?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: January 18, 2012, 09:08:27 am »

Well, my char does not dual wield so I don't really need a second weapon. I could give Zako the rapier, if that's any help. If you really want it though, you can have it.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: January 18, 2012, 10:00:08 am »

Oh, I must have been mistaken. I thought there was a penalty to exp when multiclassing as a paladin.
Quote from: d20SRD
Like a member of any other class, a paladin may be a multiclass character, but multiclass paladins face a special restriction. A paladin who gains a level in any class other than paladin may never again raise her paladin level, though she retains all her paladin abilities.
So, if I started with two levels of wizard, took a consecutive set of paladin levels, then went back to wizard (planning on not taking more paladin levels), I'd be fine, right?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: January 18, 2012, 11:17:24 am »

Hmmm.... If I had taken the tiefling instead of whipergnome, I would have liked that shortsword. But since I'm a small creature, I can't use any of those weapons. Other than the bag of holding, I'll pass on all of that stuff, and even on the bag if someone needs it more.

It's up to you. If I can have the stasis bag then you can have the bag of holding.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: January 18, 2012, 11:34:07 am »

You don't have the stasis bag, we all do. And I already have a handy haversack (I really recommend getting one btw), so I should be good for awhile. Give the bag to someone who needs it more, like one of the wizards or something.

And I would prefer the shortsword personally. The rapier has a higher crit chance, sure, but I just prefer the extra damage and better to hit chance for my sneak attack. Sorry. :/

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: January 18, 2012, 12:24:11 pm »

I can accompany you and play music because +3 to hit and damage rolls would help you hit more often than a swordsword. I even have a better hide modifier if you want to sneak into a building. Until level 7 I can't play music stealthily though, so it's more of a if we get caught situation.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: January 18, 2012, 12:38:55 pm »

Oh, I must have been mistaken. I thought there was a penalty to exp when multiclassing as a paladin.
Quote from: d20SRD
Like a member of any other class, a paladin may be a multiclass character, but multiclass paladins face a special restriction. A paladin who gains a level in any class other than paladin may never again raise her paladin level, though she retains all her paladin abilities.
So, if I started with two levels of wizard, took a consecutive set of paladin levels, then went back to wizard (planning on not taking more paladin levels), I'd be fine, right?
Right.

Also, the stasis bag is part of the group inventory; it also only holds 8 cubic feet of stuff, and you can't see into it. So you'll have to roll to not stab yourself on the cactus (for 1 damage) every time you go for one of your items. The cactus also takes up half a cubic foot. Oh, and you will have lots and lots of trouble grabbing specific items out of it.

Let's say you want to pull out a healing potion and drink it. You can't see into your "backpack", so you'll have to sift through the whole thing by touch. Not only that, once you find a potion, you'll have to pull it out of the bag to read the label, so if you've got more than one kind of potion, there's a very real chance that you'll grab the wrong kind (like maybe a potion of Endure Elements). Another option is to pour everything out onto the ground and pick up the potion you want; but since everything inside the bag is suspended in time and thus do not fall on their own, you'll have to pull out every object individually (cactus included) until you find the thing you want. Basically, your inventory will be almost unavailable during combat or other moments where you're low on time.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: January 18, 2012, 01:13:40 pm »

Also, the stasis bag is part of the group inventory; it also only holds 8 cubic feet of stuff, and you can't see into it. So you'll have to roll to not stab yourself on the cactus (for 1 damage) every time you go for one of your items. The cactus also takes up half a cubic foot. Oh, and you will have lots and lots of trouble grabbing specific items out of it.

Let's say you want to pull out a healing potion and drink it. You can't see into your "backpack", so you'll have to sift through the whole thing by touch. Not only that, once you find a potion, you'll have to pull it out of the bag to read the label, so if you've got more than one kind of potion, there's a very real chance that you'll grab the wrong kind (like maybe a potion of Endure Elements). Another option is to pour everything out onto the ground and pick up the potion you want; but since everything inside the bag is suspended in time and thus do not fall on their own, you'll have to pull out every object individually (cactus included) until you find the thing you want. Basically, your inventory will be almost unavailable during combat or other moments where you're low on time.

It sounds perfect for a joke character. I'll take it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: January 18, 2012, 01:25:40 pm »

@Fool: You your bardy music is very appreciated by me, personally. Thank you! :P

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 244