Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300009 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: Session on Saturday (always recruiting)
« Reply #3076 on: January 17, 2012, 09:39:31 pm »

Hmmm.... If I had taken the tiefling instead of whipergnome, I would have liked that shortsword. But since I'm a small creature, I can't use any of those weapons. Other than the bag of holding, I'll pass on all of that stuff, and even on the bag if someone needs it more.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: January 17, 2012, 09:42:55 pm »

Can we claim any if we weren't there?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: January 17, 2012, 09:51:06 pm »

I believe magic items resize to their wielders.

@Araph - Maelrigar is a sorcerer, he just didn't use many spells in the last fight.

I'll take the greataxe, if nobody else wants it. I would even trade a +1 Greatsword for it. Better yet, I could cast Girallon's blessing and wield all three alongside my snakeblade. (If only for one glorious, glorious, battle.)  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: January 17, 2012, 09:59:53 pm »

I can surely use the Eaglestriking Sword. Since I'm putting mucho ranks in jump to qualify for Tiger Claw stuff, and I took that feat that allows me to swift action jump.

Granted, it's more for the cool factor right now. Long term, who knows. But for now I want to claim.

@Zako: ahh, did you know magic weapons resize to owner, though? Armor too. I asked the same thing question myself earlier. :P

*helpninjaed
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: January 17, 2012, 10:00:18 pm »

I'll claim that shortsword. It's finessable and it's and sword and it's on fire. And he doesn't want it. Right? RIGHT?

please let me have it
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:03:13 pm by Theoboldi »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: January 17, 2012, 10:17:27 pm »

I'll try to have my character background up for a new character in a few days tops.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: January 17, 2012, 10:18:43 pm »

Maelrigar is a sorcerer, he just didn't use many spells in the last fight.
Actually, I was wondering if there was anyone I could steal spells from. :P

Does anyone know whether or not a two-bladed sword can have seperate enchantments for each blade?

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: January 17, 2012, 10:21:31 pm »

Maelrigar is a sorcerer, he just didn't use many spells in the last fight.
Actually, I was wondering if there was anyone I could steal spells from. :P

Does anyone know whether or not a two-bladed sword can have seperate enchantments for each blade?
Yes. Each head can have a different enchantment. It also costs twice the amount to do both.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: January 17, 2012, 10:24:34 pm »

7: 700
6: 900
5: 1000
4: 1200

I'm level three. Also, Boots of Longstrider okay?

Anyway, I don't really want anything from the loot pile. I mean. The weapons sound cool, but I want to hold onto my shield.

No. That does not mean you can split up my inventory between you guys.

Edit: On the other hand taking Barbas old sword would increase my average damage by 6.5-9.5 per hit... I dunno if that is worth 2 AC though...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:52:57 pm by Criptfeind »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: January 17, 2012, 10:59:51 pm »

Yes. Each head can have a different enchantment. It also costs twice the amount to do both.
Great! Thanks.

On an unrelated note...

You know one thing I really love about DnD?
Quote from: d20SRD
A creator can add new magical abilities to a magic item with no restrictions. The cost to do this is the same as if the item was not magical. Thus, a +1 longsword can be made into a +2 vorpal longsword, with the cost to create it being equal to that of a +2 vorpal sword minus the cost of a +1 sword.

If the item is one that occupies a specific place on a character’s body the cost of adding any additional ability to that item increases by 50%. For example, if a character adds the power to confer invisibility to her ring of protection +2, the cost of adding this ability is the same as for creating a ring of invisibility multiplied by 1.5.
If you were so inclined, you could go through the entire campaign with the same weapon, simply upgrading it every time you wanted it better, and it could be just as good as anybody elses.

On a second unrelated note...

I'm confused about staffs. The SRD says that they have 50 charges when made, but then it says the name of each staff and lists this set of spells that (apparently) can only be used 1 to 3 times. What am I missing here?

On a third unrelated note...

Is there a limit to how many effects can be piled onto a single piece of equipment? Using that ring example in the above quote, it sounds like you could keep funneling money into the ring to improve it.

On a fourth unrelated note...

I'm level three.
How? Isn't the starting level four?

On a fifth unrelated note...

If I had three more unrelated notes, I could make an unrelated octave.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 11:02:38 pm by Araph »

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: January 17, 2012, 11:02:45 pm »

I'm confused about staffs. The SRD says that they have 50 charges when made, but then it says the name of each staff and lists this set of spells that (apparently) can only be used 1 to 3 times. What am I missing here?

A staff has 50 charges in any case. The numbers next to the spells just indicate how many charges casting the spell uses up.

At least I think so.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 11:07:17 pm by Theoboldi »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: January 17, 2012, 11:13:54 pm »

A staff has 50 charges in any case. The numbers next to the spells just indicate how many charges casting the spell uses up.

At least I think so.
Ok, that makes more sense than what I thought, which was 'staffs have 50 charges, but they actually have 10 charges.' Quite the contradictory conundrum.

Does anyone know if it's possible to have a weapon enchanted with both Spell Storing and some other enchantment?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: January 17, 2012, 11:19:32 pm »

Cript is level three because he bought off his single level of LA, the buyoff rules for which I CBA to find at the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 244