Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299993 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: Session on Saturday (always recruiting)
« Reply #3045 on: January 15, 2012, 12:04:06 am »

Not a bad fight, even if it took forever and rolls were all over the place. Sucks to be an animal tonight however.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: January 15, 2012, 12:17:17 am »

So I tried to randomly generate my guys name. I got Maeuagamemalethatho.

I think I might stick to Eglath.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: January 15, 2012, 12:19:44 am »

Best way is use random.org 7 times for 1 to 26, then convert to letters.

Also, I'm requesting the half-fey template, Fiend Folio 89.

Also also, the picture for the sample creature (a half-fey centaur) is kinda funny
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 12:24:07 am by RedWarrior0 »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: January 15, 2012, 12:23:43 am »

Utkarsed Ragirleam? Hey, that actually sounds like a name.

So, how about that Lith character? Throwing burning salt to do minor damage to a dwarf while slaying a shark and my wolf. Hrmph. He should be glad that he has fingers to break, or I'd have to go right to the arms. On the other hand, if Ethan still wants to try that spell, I could turn a snake companion into a badical poisonous sword, and then quad-wield it with Girallon arms along with my greatswords and longsword.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: January 15, 2012, 12:33:43 pm »

My guy's character sheet, which I seem to have missed posting yesterday. Fortunately, the cage rendered the character sheet irrelevant for the duration of that session.

So I tried to randomly generate my guys name. I got Maeuagamemalethatho.

I think I might stick to Eglath.
Are you using this name generator?

I have a few questions about spells, by which I mean I have questions whether or not Shoruke would approve some spells:
Spoiler: Three potential spells (click to show/hide)

Would any of those be acceptable spells?

EDIT: Wait, Ethan has a spell that turns reptiles into weapons?!

Also, I just realized; out of the eight people who were there yesterday, six of them were neutral or evil. Very odd for a heroic adventuring group.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 10:55:40 pm by Araph »

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: January 15, 2012, 02:36:40 pm »

Heroic? Lith is really only with the group to further his own goals by getting cash and supplies.

Speaking of, Lootz? Exp? Also curious about my exp number on the tracker, as the first post here says I'm still at 6k, while my mythweavers sheet put me over 8k with the 500 journal exp. So need a check there to be sure I'm all up to date.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: January 15, 2012, 03:01:43 pm »

I think the snake sword spell was Dragon Mag, but it might be SpC.

And again, that Flash Step spell is in every way, except casting time, inferior to Dimension Hop, Player's Handbook 2, page 90. Particularly because dimension hop can be used offensively and is a level lower.

Also, Short range is 25+ 5/two CL.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: January 15, 2012, 03:26:08 pm »

Can I join the game? I've never played D&D before, but I received a bunch of 3.5e rulebooks for Christmas, and this looks like a great campaign (I really like the idea of the West Marches campaign setting).

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: January 15, 2012, 04:02:48 pm »

Do note that it has slightly devolved from the West Marches system.

Also, can a shadowcaster use the Author's Fix?

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: January 15, 2012, 04:37:31 pm »

I have an URGENT, VITAL, and UTTERLY IMPORTANT question to ask: Is it too late to revise my character sheet? Just wondering based on how I was inactive but present at the session.

I think the snake sword spell was Dragon Mag, but it might be SpC.

And again, that Flash Step spell is in every way, except casting time, inferior to Dimension Hop, Player's Handbook 2, page 90. Particularly because dimension hop can be used offensively and is a level lower.

Also, Short range is 25+ 5/two CL.
I can't seem to find that spell anywhere; I don't actually have that book, and I don't seem to be able to find it on the internets. Do you have a link you could post?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: January 15, 2012, 06:05:56 pm »

Also, I just realized; out of the eight people who were there yesterday, six of them were neutral or evil. Very odd for a heroic adventuring group.
Maelrigar is totally trying to turn over a new leaf, but is totally trying to hero the shit out of stuff. Just give it time, we'll do what's best for the survival of the world. (And ourselves, by extension.)

Quote from: Fang Blade
Source:DR330 p71
<Trans, VSF(living snake no more than one size category larger than the caster), 1StdAct, Touch,1min/lvl(D)>
– The focus snake is transformed into the equivalent of a Longsword sized for the caster. The caster is considered proficient with the weapon. On a hit, the foe is affected by the snake’s poison (if any) in addition to the normal Longsword damage. If anyone other than the caster attempts to wield the weapon, the snake attacks its holder. The weapon has a Hardness of 8 & the snake’s hp at the time of the casting with regards to Sunder attempts. At the spell’s end, the snake returns to normal.
Also, just found out that Girallon's Blessing is a 3rd level Sorc/Wiz spell in the Spell Compendium. Can has? Fang Blade is 4th level, so it's possible I could pull this off at my next level. I suppose it's beneficial to me after all have lost Fenrir, as now I can have a constant snake companion.

Dimensional Door may be what Red was referring to.

And idea for an adventuring motto: YOU CANNOT STOP US, YOU CAN ONLY HOPE TO CONTAIN US.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: January 15, 2012, 06:17:33 pm »

And idea for an adventuring motto: YOU CANNOT STOP US, YOU CAN ONLY HOPE TO CONTAIN US.
YOU CANNOT STOP US, BUT FEEL FREE TO TRY. WE NEED THE EXP.

EDIT: 'Nother question. When taking levels in a template class, do you get feats and such? For example, if I'm level 4, but one of those levels in put into the half-celestial template, do I get the point to spend in an attribute?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:30:31 pm by Araph »

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: January 15, 2012, 06:29:02 pm »

YOU CANNOT STOP US, BUT FEEL FREE TO TRY. WE NEED THE EXP, YOU
DELICIOUS CHUNKS OF SUICIDAL, EXPERIENCE-FILLED MINIONS.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: January 15, 2012, 06:57:15 pm »

Anyway!

What happened last night Edio? Where was you?

I was alone against the depredations of Zako.

Yes, he's begun depredating again.  ???
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: January 15, 2012, 07:36:34 pm »

I have a few questions about spells, by which I mean I have questions whether or not Shoruke would approve some spells:
Spoiler: Flash Step (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whirlwind (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wind's Fury (click to show/hide)

Would any of those be acceptable spells?
Not being a D.M. I cannot make any significant commentary, but I have some thoughts...

Flash Step:
 As a verbal only spell it can be used to escape grapples and similar forms of physical impediment, so lowering the level of the spell does have significant implications for level-appripriate attacks.
 As a swift action it can be used to teleport and full attack in a single round. In fact, if you look at dimension door, you will see that it explicitly prevents any action after teleporting. Drop it to 10, or maybe fifteen feet, fixed range, then it may work, but as is it violates some of the action conservation rules, namely the full attack/charge debate...
 Finally, the range is not much worse than dimension door, which is generally only used for short hops anyway, add in the swift action and even the line of sight only, and I would still say that this is significantly more powerful than dimension door. I would give a shot at 10 foot fixed range, or 15 foot instant walk, and see how that plays out, if that doesn't work than I would either increase the range, but probably keep it fixed, or cause it to take away your move action...

Whirlwind:
 I haven't really seen such spells in action, so I don't know much.
 The description says "you" while the range is listed as "touch", can this be cast on other people?
 Complete immunity to bows and arrows, regardless of size.
 Complete immunity to touch from flying creatures, save versus size(Tiny or small?!? wouldn't small or smaller make more sense?) I would suggest that the size category be reduced by one...
 Complete immunity to gasses. This seems a bit much for a 4th level spell considering that it potentially makes the subject immune to the likes of Stinking Cloud, Solid Fog, Cloudkill, Acid Fog, and Incendiary Cloud... This also implies that the spell creates an air-tight seal around the user...
 +4 AC versus melee that stacks with everything, save versus size(medium). Compare to Bestow Curse while this is very similar in many ways, it affects the attacker, rather than the defender, as is generally the case with penalties, I would suggest changing this to a deflection bonus...
 30% miss chance on "normal" ranged attacks other than arrows and bolts. I would like a more detailed description of what 'normal' is. Does it include slings? Thrown weapons? Manticore spines? Ranged touch spells? Magic sling stones? A telekinetic "Violent Thrust"?

Wind's Fury:
 Big no...
 Maybe with 1 round per 3 levels, one attack per 5 levels(minimum 1), and a maximum extra attacks of 2 or maybe 3. Extra attacks are rare and special things, that almost never stack...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 08:12:28 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 244