Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300198 times)

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5- Western Marches (on (temporary?) hiatus)
« Reply #2775 on: October 22, 2011, 03:39:34 pm »

Okay, first of all, your ability scores are too high. They're equal to a 33 point buy. Also, too may skill points. If my math is right, you should have 33 by 4th level.

Edit: Oh, right. Abilitys are okay then.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 04:09:13 pm by Theoboldi »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: October 22, 2011, 04:04:14 pm »

It's above 32 pts due to the +2 bonus to Wis granted by the lycanthropy.

EDIT: Wait, shouldn't I be at 34 now? Does LA count towards having your stats increase every 4 levels?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 04:22:45 pm by Araph »

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: October 22, 2011, 04:40:58 pm »

Template Levels and LA don't count for stat increases as far as I know.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: October 22, 2011, 06:05:56 pm »

Template Levels and LA don't count for stat increases as far as I know so one of your Scores should be lower by 2.

Edit: Made this post by accident, ignore it. I really shouldn't write this late at night.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: October 22, 2011, 07:50:25 pm »

There may be a clause in the template classes that requires you to take all the levels in the template class sequentially. So it could be a very long time before your see wizard levels again.
Each of those feats requires a higher level slot. You probably need both of them to cast as an animal. So a 5th level wizard would be casting as though they had only just learned 1st level spells. They would be caster-level 5 I suppose, which would mean three magic missiles instead of one, but it is still a huge set-back in terms of casting ability. Also, it costs two feats instead of one. Natural spell, on the other hand, is one feat and has no drawbacks at all...

Hit dice count for ability increases and feats.
class levels|Creature-type hit dice|Level adjustment|total hit dice|feats|ability increases|effective level for experience point and financial purposes
 1          | 0                    | 0              | 1            | 1   | 0               | 1: 1st level character
 2          | 0                    | 1              | 2            | 1   | 0               | 3: 2nd level duergar
 0          | 2                    | 3              | 2            | 1   | 0               | 5: Skum with no class levels
 3          | 3                    | 2              | 6            | 3   | 1               | 8: White wyrmling dragon with 3 sorcerer levels
 6          | 0                    | 6              | 6            | 3   | 1               | 12: Level 6 Pixie with irresistible dance
 8          | 4                    | 2              | 12           | 5   | 3               | 14: Level 8 ogre
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: October 22, 2011, 07:55:59 pm »

There may be a clause in the template classes that requires you to take all the levels in the template class sequentially. So it could be a very long time before your see wizard levels again.

Characters are not required to complete all the levels of a given template class in uninterrupted succession. For example, a character who takes a level of wereboar could then take a level of fighter and a level of rogue (or any other combination of other class levels) before taking another level of wereboar. A character must still take the first level of wereboar before taking the second, just as with a normal class.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: October 22, 2011, 08:09:52 pm »

-The Natural Spell feat is gone. Playing as a spellcasting bear, with no combat penalties beyond not being able to communicate verbally with your teammates is just cheap.

Shoruke had disallowed that particular feat, which is why I was wondering about Still and Silent spells. I just thought it'd be nice to have even limited spellcasting in animal form.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: October 23, 2011, 02:23:43 pm »

Homebrew a Magic Animal class for a Animal Race. Get it all approved.
His main objection seems to be the "no combat penalties beyond not being able to communicate verbally with your teammates"
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: October 23, 2011, 10:12:26 pm »

Magic animals would typically be magical beasts.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: October 23, 2011, 10:21:53 pm »

Nonesense! Everyone knows the Spellbear developed deep in the Hundred Acre woods, in response to the unusual intellegence exhibited by bees. They aren't magical beasts, they are beasts that use magic!
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: October 24, 2011, 12:12:17 am »

If giant eagles, giant owls, and even owlbears are all magical beasts, then spell bears are too...

You could try athas.org and look for some darksun animals, they can be fun, but remember that the D.M. said no psionics...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:18:54 am by RAM »
Read the First Post!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: October 24, 2011, 08:46:41 am »

Spellbears are not magical beasts! They are regular bears with Spellbear classes.

Get it right!

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: October 24, 2011, 06:13:15 pm »

Actually, I'd be fine with the Feat related limitations. I just want the chance to be able to cast at all in animal form.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: October 24, 2011, 07:29:39 pm »

Animals that have an intelligence score greater than two are magical beasts. Taking classes with an intelligence score of two or less is very difficult to justify. A quick search of the S.R.D. didn't actually reveal a rules reference but, well, it will be a long-long-long stretch...
Read the First Post!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: October 24, 2011, 08:38:07 pm »

Except that as a magical beast with Int 2 or less, one is vulnerable to Wild Empathy.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 244