Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300235 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5- Western Marches (on (temporary?) hiatus)
« Reply #2745 on: October 18, 2011, 05:16:29 pm »

Huh, I thought Ethan was one of the more well-developed characters.
Really? I'd find it interesting to hear why, as it seems to me that he's pretty much one-dimensional.
Which dimension?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: October 18, 2011, 08:07:47 pm »

Because of Lyca, Red.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: October 18, 2011, 10:13:21 pm »

Red had that whole backstory about being from a family of paladins but wanting to be a druid, as well as an actual family. I don't think any character other than Finny has had a family member with a name yet. (Halflings notwithstanding, as they're both in the party.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: October 19, 2011, 07:58:01 pm »

Red had that whole backstory about being from a family of paladins but wanting to be a druid, as well as an actual family. I don't think any character other than Finny has had a family member with a name yet. (Halflings notwithstanding, as they're both in the party.)
That may be true, but actually playing him feels bland.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: October 20, 2011, 08:18:47 pm »

Hey, everybody! Would it be possible for me to jump back into this campaign?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: October 20, 2011, 10:46:28 pm »

You're welcome to in my book. Welcome back!

That may be true, but actually playing him feels bland.
Ain't no cure for that, really. That's why I always do stupid shit with my characters so that I can laugh about how I'm succeeding despite firing repeatedly at my feet. Dual-wielding water orc battle sorcerer go!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: October 20, 2011, 11:44:09 pm »

Hm...

White Dragon Binder pseudogish? Perhaps...

Is lycanthropy only applicable for animals, or could I have a werepyrohydra?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: October 20, 2011, 11:52:46 pm »

Werecreatures are templates, so you'd have to make your own if you wanted to be a werepyrohydra.

Pseudogish? Do you mean a caster that can barely fight or a fighter that can barely cast? My character's pretty much a straight-up gish, so I can help you if you want me to.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: October 20, 2011, 11:58:26 pm »

If you want a race with personality go for a Spellscale (RotD, p.26). It's the race I'd use to be the crazy person in the group. Just read the information on the race. If nothing else it's a funny read.

So this game is on hold for now? I wouldn't mind getting back into D&D.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: October 21, 2011, 05:18:46 am »

The Lycanthrope template is quite specific. There are two base creatures involved, one's type is either humanoid or a giant while the other's is animal and is further specified as being a predator, scavenger, or omnivore, so probably no animals that only eat things that are both alive and inanimate... I suspect that the intended distinction is that it is only animals that eat other animals, but it doesn't say that so...

If you want a homebrew something... Well, you could just play as a hydra, though you would want the intelligence bumped above animal level...

Alternatively you could be a half-hydra, simple enough to do if you have someone who is very bored and has more skill with polymorph than ethics...

Lets think, what do hydras have...
huge, magical beast, slow, natural AC, many heads, fast healing, scent, darkvision, low-light
con, str, dex, cha, wis, int

Right, base of two heads, +1 LA for each additional head, maximum of six heads.
Fast healing 1 +1 for each additional head.
Secondary bite attack, probably 1d4 at medium size, adjust for different sizes...
+4con, +2str, -4int
+2 to listen, spot, swim, and survival.
+2 natural AC, +1 per additional head.
two monster hit dice.
Make them pay double base price for armour to get it fitted to a strange body form.

Well this is a start, I am not sure about type changes, probably give it a base LA of +1 so a two-headed half-hydra/half human would have to start at level three at a minimum.
Human, 2 hit dice, fast healing 1
19 str(13), 18 con(6), 13 dex(5), 13 int(8), 8wis/cha(0)
humanoid: 2d8+8=8+8+4.5=20
BAB=1 Bref=3 Bfort/will=0 skills=3*5=15(give them the commoner skill selection for these hit die.((I suggest letting people offset their four times skill points until their first class...)))
So...
 20 hit points with fast heal 1
 +6(2d4+6 master-work spiked chain) +0+0(1d4+2 bite)
 AC 21 (10+8FP+2nat+1dex)
 Saves= F4 R4 W-1
 level = 3
 Could work... maybe add +1 LA for pyro or cryo, give them 1d6 damage per head on their breath weapon and the appropriate subtype...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: October 21, 2011, 10:43:37 am »

So I work again tomorrow. Go figure.

I'm cool with Araph jumping back into the game. Why would I say no? Lack of in-universe character continuity? I LAUGH IN THE FACE OF THE IN-UNIVERSE CHARACTER CONTINUITY.

As for werepyrohydras, I think I'm going to need to read a lot of books before I say yes or no to that, but I wouldn't recommend playing as an animal unless you're VERY VERY SURE that you're still capable of communication and doing interesting things.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: October 21, 2011, 12:34:36 pm »

Right. Ethan isn't all that capable of doing interesting things. And yeah, communication is required, of course.

By the way, the werepyrohydra thing was mostly a joke.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: October 21, 2011, 01:27:39 pm »

Excuse me,

if your spellcasting character isn't doing interesting things, it is because you are neglecting to make him do the interesting things he is able to do at will.

I thought aiming to be able to turn the desert into the D&D version of the Northwest Territories was plenty interesting.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: October 21, 2011, 06:17:35 pm »

Wait, what's this about the desert and the Northwest Territories? Do you mean he's trying to change them climate-wise, or what?

And would the Able Learner feat and Spellsword prestige class be approvable?

EDIT: Hmm... Lycanthropy. How exactly does that affect leveling and whatnot? d20.org lists this giant pile of bonuses, but their must be drawbacks to compensate for them.

DOUBLE EDIT: Ah, I just noticed the 'Lycanthropes as Characters' thingy. Nevermind, then.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:47:57 pm by Araph »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: October 21, 2011, 07:48:19 pm »

Wait, what's this about the desert and the Northwest Territories? Do you mean he's trying to change them climate-wise, or what?

And would the Able Learner feat and Spellsword prestige class be approvable?

EDIT: Hmm... Lycanthropy. How exactly does that affect leveling and whatnot? d20.org lists this giant pile of bonuses, but their must be drawbacks to compensate for them.
Able learner has been approved for other things.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 244