Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300312 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5- Western Marches (mini-session Wednesday)(always recruiting)
« Reply #2655 on: September 01, 2011, 08:04:55 pm »

Maelrigar is really low on spells, but his sword(s) should keep things rolling for another day or so at least before he is completely out of spells.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: September 01, 2011, 08:39:21 pm »

I am in favour of a nights rest and a combat-heavy spell-load-out and restrained usage. But if we go in immediately it is likely to actually affect the plot. Resting a night will probably doom the city...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: September 01, 2011, 08:49:58 pm »

The thing is, how good are are our characters without their spells? There's a difference between "We actually pulled this off!" and "Lol you got a TPK you idiots! Bring more heals next time!" Is anyone pretty much wasted in a fight without a majority of their spells? It's best to be realistic about it.

Andre can shoot things with his crossbow for mediocre damage at a pretty good clip, with  a +5 to hit, and his AC is pretty good, all things considered. He can still fight it out.

He's currently at 31/22 HP, but I got more than enough potions for that.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: September 01, 2011, 09:05:20 pm »

Well, I think divine casters regain at a fixed time each day, not with 8 hours rest. I would believe once we get a couple of us with our spells again, we can be vigilant for 8 hours while the arcanists recover. I think only Raspul and Mael are arcane casters. Then again, whenever the session is, I'm unlikely at best, and if that only in four hours at most.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: September 01, 2011, 09:34:13 pm »

When will the next session actually be?

Maelrigar, without the spells from level 7 added, currently still has five cantrips, one 1st level spell, and one 2nd level spell.  That's not a lot, but it would last at least one encounter beyond the present. Past that, he'll be dual-wielding greatswords that each deal 2d8+5 damage. He should be fine in melee for now.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: September 02, 2011, 12:23:49 am »

If Anderson can hop from target to target like last time he can just kill everything. With max HP, and no stat damage (any more) I'm sure that he can protect the casters fairly well. The only problem that I can see is that he can only use law devotion once more before he runs out of turning checks. Wasn't quite expecting this many encounters in one day (what was it? Five? Six?).

So the big questions are:
When is the next session?
Is it safe to rest for one night when everything went to hell last time we were busy?
Are the casters alright with continuing to fight if we need to?

EDIT: @Shoruke: Any chance of Anderson being in a relationship with a nymph? I'm not sure if I quite want to write that in, but it would be nice to check. By nature nymphs hate evil with a passion and will actively fight evil where they are. If I take the Nymph's Kiss feat from BoED then there will be a bit of a nature theme to Anderson since he'd be considered fey by the fey. Any chance of shuffling feats if I can take this feat? I think it would be stupid to have this in the backstory without him having knowledge (nature), and I'm pretty sure I would have hit every time without the Weapon Focus.

EDIT2: To clarify I would want Nymph's Kiss as my level 1 feat and weapon focus will just disappear. I would also like to know fairly soon so I can write it into my backstory and journal. By the way I'm thinking I might want to write out my backstory in a different fashion, because it is long enough that it would drawl on if you were to read the whole thing. I'll post it eventually, but it will be LONG. Oh, and Anderson may become a bard/paladin. Would be both useful and funny. I need a harmonizing weapon now. I have a few levels until it's possible anyways.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 01:21:15 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: September 02, 2011, 12:35:46 am »

I'm actually fine with continuing on. I was thinking more about Myst, as it seemed like she was getting to the bottom of the barrel. Lith has his bow, and his alchemy stuff. While I can't use my sand scimitar for melee(since I didn't have it prepared right off the bat) I can't charge in, but with my AC that's probably not a good idea anyway.

Also, I will second the 'When is the next session?' question.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: September 02, 2011, 04:29:48 am »

Some of the ways the monsters have been acting absolutely require us to use spells to fight them effectively.

I agree that we should go back in the caves soon, but I am not sure that we should act in 24 hours. Keep in mind that it took a full week for the first attack to come out. Prior to that it was 2+ weeks building up under the city. Enough time to gather a ton of mercenary adventurers.

Something to keep in mind too... Some groups besides ours were successful so far, because some parties came back from their tunnels. If we can get that cave mouth secure, then we should spend a little time in town finding out if every group encountered an orb, and if every orb was properly disposed of.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: September 02, 2011, 05:26:23 am »

If most groups found and disabled an orb, that leaves only a couple of orbs to be used over the course of the next week to summon in more orbs to replace the lost ones...

And yes, Myst is very low on spells, and her sling is nigh useless.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: September 02, 2011, 08:58:11 am »

If most groups found and disabled an orb...
You are making a fundamental assumption right there that may be false.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: September 02, 2011, 09:44:25 am »

If most groups found and disabled an orb...
You are making a fundamental assumption right there that may be false.
What your assuming is that the mercs that were hired to clear monsters also happened to bring containers of holy water to drop mysterious orbs in. Chances of this being true are pretty bad.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: September 02, 2011, 09:55:01 am »

All right...

Here's my suggestion, if we're not deciding to push to our limits and going for another Orb.

Let's grab our tents and sleeping bags and just camp the party *outside* the Cavern door with the guards-assuming any are left. When we're reloaded on spells and HP's, we'll go back in. If anything tries to sneak out, we'll be ready to keep them from entering the city. Granted, Spellcasters who have to sleep will be exempted from watch duty.

We can place some barricades to snipe from behind, ditches (if possible in short time), scrolls of Alarm, bright torch fires, maybe some sort of traps, to make sure if anything comes out, we'll have the advantage.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: September 02, 2011, 10:16:40 am »

We can place some barricades to snipe from behind, ditches (if possible in short time), scrolls of Alarm, bright torch fires, maybe some sort of traps, to make sure if anything comes out, we'll have the advantage.
No traps while Anderson is awake. He is all about head-on attacks. Traps are definitely against that policy. If I do become a bard/paladin then I won't be a grey guard, and so traps would never be ok. On that note how exactly does a weapon sing opera? I suppose we'll find out!

@Red: I think that instead of getting that cloak I'll be making a Harmonizing Sharrash, Talenta (+1 weapon, but I'll pay 2,000g as usual). When I level I'll have bardic music and I'm sure someone has ghost sound, so both prerequisites will be there.

EDIT: Unless you have Craft Magic Arms and Armor I think I'll just have to wait or buy it like normal. Although I should have enough to buy both the cloak and the weapon by the time we're done in Eriden.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 10:35:31 am by The Fool »

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: September 02, 2011, 12:35:32 pm »

A significant part of our party is evil, so you really do need to go grey guard. Bardic paladins don't cut it I think.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: September 02, 2011, 02:13:14 pm »

Maybe a homebrew variation on the paladin's code? Taking Grey Guard would take away from both the smiting ability and the bardic music and would overall hurt my character. I mean it isn't like I intend to ambush the enemy, or torture information from them, which grey guard would allow.

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 244