Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300343 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

I, uh, I did that. Totally. Why, just look at the name of this reply. (and not yours)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5- Western Marches (mini-session Wednesday)(always recruiting)
« Reply #2611 on: August 30, 2011, 12:26:54 am »

Double-posting is in bad taste, but whatever.

So, the battle is ~2/3 done. Tomorrow, I'll post the exp from the fight thus far, and the loot from the left side of the field, which the people who actually fought on that front will get first pick of. Also, as seen in the thread's title, there will be a mini-session on Wednesday, so that we can finish up the right side of the fight (the combatants of which get 2 turns of "catch up" time to synch back up with the people on the left).

I really didn't expect the fight to be this long. SILLY ME
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: August 30, 2011, 12:34:45 am »

Give us loot! Give us loot now! For loot is the only thing role-players desire!!!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile

Shoruke, Right side top should also get their experience and first pick loot too.

Journals
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: August 30, 2011, 05:48:13 am »

Again, I'll be extremely limited in most of my possible times, early start would be nice (though not entirely required)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: August 30, 2011, 07:52:03 am »

Aye, the battle of the top right also finished.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: August 30, 2011, 10:32:20 am »

Well, I finally figured out what the Corrupted Elemental hit me with.

Pretty gruesome, but I only got hit with one dose, thankfully.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: August 30, 2011, 01:01:16 pm »

I imagine it's something where the cure is worse than the disease.

A Good bleeding with leeches to cast the devil out!
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: August 30, 2011, 08:44:07 pm »

I should have cast resurgence on you on principal...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: August 31, 2011, 12:00:07 am »

I know you guys fought hard in the top-right corner, looking for loots, but unfortunately panthers don't have pockets... wizards do. So to unlock the loot for the right side of the fight, kill the wizard.
I say this in good conscience, knowing for *snicker* for absolutely sure that my players do not *snerk* ever use meta knowledge when playing. Tee hee. Also I suspect nobody remembers that the still-living wizard is the same one that turned invisible and orb-teleported away a few sessions ago.

So, you've got 7 dead panthers, and a dead Duergar. (Plus with the 3 evilness elementals, that puts your current kill count up to 11, which you can ask Uncle Sam to pay you for later)
Maelrigar, Mystellar: 701
Ethan: 638
Vaba, Andre: 860
Raspul, Lith, Anderson: 935

So, loot from the left half of the field. To avoid difficult bookkeeping on my part make it easier on you guys, I'll throw a free meta-identify on the things that shouldn't have it. Some of you who have reasonable claim to these things might not make it to the next session for Identifying them like I thought you would anyway, so yeah.
-500 gp
-26,500 sp
-34,000 cp
-a wand of Shocking Grasp, 24 charges (incidentally, it has no markings upon it to give you a clue as to its nature or function)
-an Everburning Torch (the original roll gave you guys a single flask of Holy Water. I was like, "no.")
-a Rich Purple Corundum (worth 1200 gp), which is a gemstone that does not even exist in Dwarf Fortress, holy crap
-A suit of Masterwork Full Plate
-a +2 Amulet of Health (very nice)
-A Masterwork Heavy Mace
-A Darkwood buckler
-A Masterwork Morningstar
-A Masterwork Light Mace
-A single thunderstone (at this point I got tired of the RNG telling me to give you masterwork weapons so I gave you an alchemical item instead)
-A potion of Hide From Undead (highly nonstandard equipment for someone who is raiding a crowded city, but what can you do)
-A Ring of demishield (homebrew ring, gives a +1 shield bonus to AC, always active while worn)

Everyone cool with having the mini-session start an hour earlier in the day than usual, to try and get more session in before (my) supper? We might even finish the 0.3 encounters you have remaining!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: August 31, 2011, 12:26:17 am »

I think that three groups of enemies did nothing to speed up things. I spent 4 turns running so far, and I am still a turn away from attacking stuff. At least I called out to them. I'm hoping for an AoO that crits. Would be an epic way to enter a fight.

As for journals I think that I'll wait until the mini-session is over tomorrow. Writing a full journal entry after 30 seconds of fighting is WEIRD. Especially since the last entry was about 5 minutes before that, and to top it off the battle isn't quite finished. D&D is weird, but...

*More orcs hop over the wall*
"What are you doing!?"
"Writing a journal entry."
"Now!?"
"Yes."
"Don't. Pick your sword back up dammit."

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: August 31, 2011, 12:31:33 am »

I say this in good conscience, knowing for *snicker* for absolutely sure that my players do not *snerk* ever use meta knowledge when playing!!! Tee hee!!!!

Well, I didn't blurt out the "surprise" yet! I'm usually fairly good on not looking everything up right away to preserve it for roleplaying purposes...oh, but the temptation not to die from a mystery disease...overwhelming!

But, to be fair, you should have kept it a *total* surprise, if you didn't want us to peek. It's just Human nature to need to know. You monster. ;)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: August 31, 2011, 01:01:19 am »

-A Masterwork Light Mace
-A Ring of demishield
-A Darkwood buckler

Hmm. I would take these things-of course, always allowing for someone with a better claim to ask for them instead.

Extra AC is always useful for not dying.

I'm a bit to tired to do Gold calculations right now, though, but I'm sure we'll all get 750G + ish

Edit: Eh, if there not magic though, nothing but the ring will resize for me....
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 01:07:14 am by Dwarmin »

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: August 31, 2011, 01:56:24 am »

Hmm, the ring would have been nice for me as well, but not the end of the world. I do eventually want Lith to be able to run in and melee some. But 12 AC currently. Not really a good idea.

So I guess I'll claim the amulet if no one else wants. With it, I'd like to petition that Mau can wear it. XD Because that would be awesome, and you'd think it should still fit around her neck. Probably one of the very few items a companion could wear.

As to identifying, Lith can probably handle the alchemy items, and he does have detect magic. So we might be able to deduce all that to explain away the free identifing.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 01:59:20 am by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: August 31, 2011, 07:18:28 am »

Maelrigar, Mystellar: 701
Ethan: 638
Vaba, Andre: 860
Raspul, Lith, Anderson: 935
This is the first Battle Stihe was effective at all, and she was forgotten!

Meh.
Anyway, I want the Rich Purple Corundum and 100 gold (the gold goes to Vaba.)
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 244