Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300446 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (next game Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #2445 on: August 20, 2011, 01:03:18 pm »

Darn!

I vote for tuesday again.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: August 20, 2011, 01:56:31 pm »

I agree with Tuesday.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: August 20, 2011, 01:57:12 pm »

Thirded

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: August 20, 2011, 02:03:41 pm »

What a bad time to work on Tuesday. I vote for either Monday, or Thursday.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: August 20, 2011, 02:35:07 pm »

Quote from: SRD
Share Spells (Ex): At the druid’s option, she may have any spell (but not any spell-like ability) she casts upon herself also affect her animal companion. The animal companion must be within 5 feet of her at the time of casting to receive the benefit. If the spell or effect has a duration other than instantaneous, it stops affecting the animal companion if the companion moves farther than 5 feet away and will not affect the animal again, even if it returns to the druid before the duration expires.

Additionally, the druid may cast a spell with a target of “You” on her animal companion (as a touch range spell) instead of on herself. A druid and her animal companion can share spells even if the spells normally do not affect creatures of the companion’s type (animal).

Does this mean I can cast Branch to branch(SC38) and Rapid burrowing(SC166) on my horse?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: August 20, 2011, 02:53:30 pm »

I would love to see a horse jump from branch to branch, but sadly Rapid Burrowing does not grant a burrowing speed.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: August 20, 2011, 04:06:48 pm »

You probably would if/when we leave the desert.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: August 20, 2011, 04:36:44 pm »

Quote from: SRD
Share Spells (Ex): At the druid’s option, she may have any spell (but not any spell-like ability) she casts upon herself also affect her animal companion. The animal companion must be within 5 feet of her at the time of casting to receive the benefit. If the spell or effect has a duration other than instantaneous, it stops affecting the animal companion if the companion moves farther than 5 feet away and will not affect the animal again, even if it returns to the druid before the duration expires.

Additionally, the druid may cast a spell with a target of “You” on her animal companion (as a touch range spell) instead of on herself. A druid and her animal companion can share spells even if the spells normally do not affect creatures of the companion’s type (animal).

Does this mean I can cast Branch to branch(SC38) and Rapid burrowing(SC166) on my horse?

For Rapid Burrowing, no.
For Branch To Branch... I want to say that horses can't brachiate at all due to lack of fingers, but the Rule of Funny wins out. So, yes.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: August 21, 2011, 09:09:49 am »

I can do Tuesday or Wednesday.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: August 21, 2011, 11:10:53 am »

For Branch to Branch, I'd say have the horse running on top of the branches, rather than swinging.

Shoruke, can a +2 item such as a periapt of wisdom be later upgraded to a +4 version?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: August 21, 2011, 02:18:10 pm »

Shoruke, can a +2 item such as a periapt of wisdom be later upgraded to a +4 version?

Sure.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: August 21, 2011, 09:32:20 pm »

So, looking at Stormwrack, the Scarlet Corsair PrC (page 65) looks interesting, with the following adaptations:

Sailor's Step (Level 4 and 8) becomes Sand Step, and works while on sand rather than a boat.
Scourge of the Seas becomes Scourge of the Sands

Also, I'd like the swashbuckler base class (CWar, page 11) and the Sneak Attack Fighter (Here).'

Edit: Also, a trait like the one RAM made in reply #31, but for Intimidate instead of Search. (-1 skill point per level, skill is always a class skill for you)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 09:45:00 pm by RedWarrior0 »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: August 21, 2011, 09:42:26 pm »

Lol at Sand Pirate. Awesome.

I wonder if I could modify Stormcaster PrC to be more desert oriented.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: August 21, 2011, 10:21:20 pm »

Wow, I'm getting really lucky with all these tabletop games and when I got back. Tuesday would be perfect for me, though I think I'll have to take a 1 or 2 hour break in the middle for a summer XC practice. (It'll only be that way for a week. It shouldn't interfere with normal sessions.)

Vaba now hates merchants.  Everyone with a high diplomacy please please PLEASE come to the next session.  If you do well you get paid!
Only like a twelth of the price but it's just a roll, and this stuff is worth twelve thousand GP...

Dawg I frickin' warned you about going up against a merchant in an opposed diplomacy check. That's only one step behind going up against a Sicilian with death on the line.
Maelrigar is shit for Diplomacy, but he could probably Intimidate them into giving you a better deal.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: August 22, 2011, 11:16:30 am »

Oh, and I guess I want the Thug variant of fighter as well (that is explicitly stated to stack with SA variant fighter)
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 244