Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300592 times)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1875 on: June 26, 2011, 12:22:39 am »

I'm not entirely sure if anyone really cares, but how long you know someone in an adventuring group has little to do with anything. We supposedly knew Uskton Slek since the beginning, but he turned out to be insane.
I disagree. I think it does make a difference. If it didn't, why come from a different place at all? Also, it's easy to see insanity with hindsight. It's the case in reality, so I don't see a problem with people thinking he was normal until he finally "snapped" (maybe from being covered in blood due to a combat reaction?)

As for the violent ones, only Maelrigar comes close to attacking quite as fast as Vaba did, and even he is significantly more restrained. Remember that Vaba launched a flurry of arrows at a pair of sentient females as a surprise round while Maelrigar was in the group. It wasn't Maelrigar that started that one.

But 90% of Pheron's decision comes from Vaba not being with the group but 4 days before there is this kind of problems. It didn't help his case that he was the only survivor of his "faction" after blood was spilled on deck.
Also not helping his case, In Vaba's backstory he was marooned. I am not sure exactly what is current and what isn't acceptable due to conflicts between them, but I've been operating under the assumption that at some point Vaba has let it slip he lost his last group in Ibaea somehow under negative circumstances. That has colored some of Pheron's decisions.

Even though syrvarris has more playing time, it's the backstory and what has happened so far that has built this situation. Part of the Backstory is the 4 days versus 1+ months.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game next week sometime) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1876 on: June 26, 2011, 01:11:46 am »

Eyeing the vote, if we play on monday I'll be lurking probably, not playing, as I have another game going and I pushed my luck far enough that last time.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: June 27, 2011, 02:12:31 am »

Yeah, I think we'll be playing Monday later today. I'll try to come up with something for the non-sacrilegious to do while the church-crashers crash the church.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: June 27, 2011, 02:14:23 am »

Today? When is today in your part of the world?

Edit to checktime
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:10:37 pm by Dsarker »
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: June 27, 2011, 10:40:55 am »

Today? When is today in your part of the world?
About 7h 20m from the time of this post, give or take.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: June 27, 2011, 11:35:52 am »

Kogan's got it right, the game is in 6.5 hours from this post (give or take up to 6 minutes).
Also, I'll be trying to get one of my other friends in on this; he's quite new to D&D, but I think I'll be able to wrap his head around it if I use enough plastic wrap.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: June 27, 2011, 11:45:36 am »

Spoiler: Maelrigar's Log (click to show/hide)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: June 27, 2011, 01:33:42 pm »

Spoiler: Logness (click to show/hide)
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: June 27, 2011, 03:18:09 pm »

My dad is possibly having a heart replacement surgery done today, pending the results of a few tests done on the new heart. I will probably be here for part of the session. My lateness will be determined by the results of those tests. (Between 1 and 3 hours late, I imagine.)

As for the raid... I'll just state some guidelines for if I'm not there. Don't kill anyone. Only defend yourselves if attacked unless someone's life is in danger. Return the staff to the shrine and get out without anyone knowing, if possible. Other than that, good luck.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: June 27, 2011, 04:44:47 pm »

Yeah, I might not be able to come. I'll see what I can do, but it isn't exactly likely.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: June 27, 2011, 04:57:14 pm »

Server up?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: June 27, 2011, 05:18:51 pm »

Yeah, sure, server's up. It's way early, but there you go. Game in 40.

That was a good bit more work than usual to get this session ready... had to draw and decorate a church, fill it with people (who all have stats and stuff, yikes), contrive some plausible side-quest that would conflict time-wise with your planned raid, and homebrew some artifacts for in case you guys come down with a serious case of kleptomania (as all adventurers are prone to do). Today's artifacts are brought to you by Some Other Game That Uses ASCII Graphics, and while I'm not advocating that you guys start stealing from churches, the first person to PM me the correct name of that game on these forums will get 200 exp and 100 gp. Everyone gets one and only one guess.

Now I'm off to go segregate the participants list in the OP...

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: June 27, 2011, 06:13:12 pm »

Server is down?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: June 27, 2011, 06:23:11 pm »

Also having troubles.

Two other things:
1: My  XP total differs from that in the OP.
2: Is the guess for said artifact to happen before or after the raid?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: June 27, 2011, 06:32:03 pm »

I dced and the server appears to be down. Can't reconnect.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 244