Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300595 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1860 on: June 25, 2011, 09:25:10 am »

The second one did have him advocating forgiveness for most of it. It was a sudden change of heart for him.

I still thought Maelrigar's warrior's code would forbid interruption of combat no matter what foolish moves someone might do, but Meh.
I was in fact in the 'desert' box at first until Vaba clarified that he didn't want to leave the ship, and I then voted forgiveness. As for the warrior code, it's more about fighting honorably than anything. It's not so far as to make me unable to take advantage of a flat-footed opponent, but attacking an unarmed and surrendering person is only justified if they've done the same to you. An eye for an eye, a death for a death, and all that.

I'm personally supporting Vaba when he shows up again. If I had been there, I'd have probably defended him from the rest of the group when he shot the dragons.

@Dsarker - starting level is 3, not 2. Last I recall, anyway. Otherwise, welcome to the party!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: June 25, 2011, 09:29:42 am »

OP says 2.

By the way, I think I might be in the greatest possible party for my class. No one at ALL of a different alignment than the usual (some might say only) one for this one.... :P
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: June 25, 2011, 09:46:54 am »

Welcome to the lawful good side of the party. Hopefully we don't end up destroying the other parts of the group. Your character sheet looks about right for level 2, but I think that the HP from levels is either rolled in-game or the average for that die.

As for the OP stating the starting level is 2... it's wrong. It changed to 3 about two sessions ago. Maybe Shoruke missed it.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: June 25, 2011, 09:48:11 am »

Roger that. I'll change it to three when I wake up. So in about 4 hours or so :P
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: June 25, 2011, 11:12:34 am »

Just wondering but we will let Vaba back into the group right?
Vaba has only been with the group for 4 days ICally. Pheron would probably act negatively to that situation.
Vaba is only level 3, so Syvarris would be better off using his new character.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: June 25, 2011, 11:31:00 am »

Just wondering but we will let Vaba back into the group right? I mean we made him walk the way into town as punishment, but his impulsiveness isn't really a good enough of a reason to toss him forever. I mean we threw him off for being too impulsive, but half of us are off to rob a church. Possibly that argument is no longer valid.

So is there anything that could happen to those who don't rob the church? If we have enough people it might be justified to have a short side quest at the same time.

I was kind of wondering if I was the only one who thought the fight between Vaba and Uskton was a little sudden. It was also a bit of an odd time to go for tea (everyone went from 'forgive them' to 'KILL THEM ALL!' in the time it took to grab a mug). Maybe we should watch our OOC comment brackets or something, because that was a rather sharp turn.

I wouldn't say everyone went from forgiveness to kill them all. If I remember correctly we had three in forgive, two in kick them to the desert, and four in death fight. So really the majority was for none violence but because of the way the voting worked violence won out.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: June 25, 2011, 12:39:51 pm »

Also, Uskton was pretty much saying that if we forgave him, he'd coup de grace Vaba in his sleep.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: June 25, 2011, 01:00:15 pm »

And ICally, Vaba was only with the party for 4 days.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: June 25, 2011, 07:15:24 pm »

I think I'm the diplomat again. I now have +15 to diplomacy checks thanks to Vow of Peace.

I'm not entirely sure if anyone really cares, but how long you know someone in an adventuring group has little to do with anything. We supposedly knew Uskton Slek since the beginning, but he turned out to be insane. It also shouldn't matter too much since the beginning was maybe two weeks ago IC. Before that none of us knew each other (except Mael and Mysteller). We also have several other impulsive people in our group who simply jump at the idea of combat. So if you think about it we exiled him for his beliefs on dragons. He isn't really a threat to the party and I'm pretty sure that since a new character wasn't made syrvarris wants to keep Vaba.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 07:17:40 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game next week sometime) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1869 on: June 25, 2011, 07:39:32 pm »

One funny thing about this game's take on the word "continuity", is that if you guys call for a vote about what to do about Vaba again, there's a good chance you'll get a completely different result, due to having a different batch of players. Although I think the game has been more like a couple months in-universe... remember back when you had to WALK places, or use horses? And how long the world map takes to load sometimes? The tunnel under the mountains between Dorftown and the desert took you two weeks to get through. But I agree that it doesn't matter much.

I thought I'd changed the OP to say that starting level is 3 now, but I guess I didn't. So I went and fixed that. Sorry bud.

Dsarker, you've got too many attribute points; you've spent 34 of your allotted 32 (did you mean to have 14 strength?). And I think you should have more feats than that... Still, looks decent. Adding a paladin to this group is going to be straaaaange, and that is how the funnest stuff happens sometimes  ;D Welcome to the group.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: June 25, 2011, 07:54:54 pm »

One funny thing about this game's take on the word "continuity", is that if you guys call for a vote about what to do about Vaba again, there's a good chance you'll get a completely different result, due to having a different batch of players. Although I think the game has been more like a couple months in-universe... remember back when you had to WALK places, or use horses? And how long the world map takes to load sometimes? The tunnel under the mountains between Dorftown and the desert took you two weeks to get through. But I agree that it doesn't matter much.

I thought I'd changed the OP to say that starting level is 3 now, but I guess I didn't. So I went and fixed that. Sorry bud.

Dsarker, you've got too many attribute points; you've spent 34 of your allotted 32 (did you mean to have 14 strength?). And I think you should have more feats than that... Still, looks decent. Adding a paladin to this group is going to be straaaaange, and that is how the funnest stuff happens sometimes  ;D Welcome to the group.

Whoops, got the level for attribute gain and level for feat gain mixed up. Changing now.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: June 25, 2011, 08:48:12 pm »

@Dsarker: Did I mention in my characters background where a group of angry Paladins killed my characters entire family and now he hates all of them forever? OMG DRAMA

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: June 25, 2011, 08:52:32 pm »

Damn, that was just a joke? It could have made for some !!FUN!! roleplaying!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: June 25, 2011, 08:54:57 pm »

Such blatant mary sueism is beyond me, alas.  :-\
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: June 25, 2011, 11:25:13 pm »

Damn, that was just a joke? It could have made for some !!FUN!! roleplaying!

Don't worry, Dsarker. My character's father was killed by a paladin. Who now serves as my skeletal minion.
!!FUN!! roleplaying shall prevail!  :D
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 244