Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300576 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1815 on: June 20, 2011, 05:59:17 pm »

So, here I was cleaning my kitchen, when suddenly I had a "whoops D&D hahaha damn" moment.

Server is now up, sorry for being just on time instead of early enough to do my pre-session ritual before we start...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: June 20, 2011, 06:00:28 pm »

Server Port Forwarding? :)
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: June 20, 2011, 06:01:13 pm »

Connecting is not currently possible.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: June 20, 2011, 06:02:50 pm »

Jeez, people connect fast.

It works now, as the four people who connected in the time it took the "reply" screen to load can attest. Five now.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: June 20, 2011, 06:15:12 pm »

Jeez, people connect fast.

It works now, as the four people who connected in the time it took the "reply" screen to load can attest. Five now.
Journal XPs?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: June 20, 2011, 06:20:32 pm »

Pheron, Andre (the omens and the scribblings are a nice touch), Van, Uskton Slek, Vaba, Kimko (Grek's new person), Maelrigar, Ethan, Nael receive their journal exp. That's a lot of journals!

Today's session started more or less on time, solely because the group had a lot of RP to work out. Meanwhile, I spent an hour updating the exp records and whatnot, and then catching up on the chatlogs.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 07:06:44 pm by shoruke »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: June 20, 2011, 11:27:39 pm »

450 experience for all who played today! Yes, even Angle, even though you didn't get the introduction you wanted. Sorry about that, there was more RP than I expected. Turns out you can have a fulfilling D&D session by going "you guys have stuff to talk about, I'm going to bugger off while you do".

Journals for exp. Woot. These ought to be good.

By the way, I work next Saturday, so the session is going to be some other day. Friday is the most reliable for me, since my schedule for next week is subject to change until Thursday, but my available days to work next week are... wait, all of them? Dafuq? It's wedding season, and the jazz festival starts up soon, what the hooch...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: June 20, 2011, 11:30:04 pm »

Plan:
Mysteller intends to find out what time breakfast occurs at and will loiter inside the temple from about 5AM until the priests are scarce. Once breakfast starts they will leave the temple, retire to an unobserved location, and cast augury in an effort to ascertain if casting clairvoyance on the private room will have any meaningful consequences, which, as it basically is solely a question of whether the spell will be detected, is, hopefully, simple enough to get a bonus to the Augury roll. If the augury is not negative, Myst will cast Clairvoyance upon the room and inventory its contents. That should be sufficient to attain all the desired information...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: June 20, 2011, 11:34:01 pm »

PLAN:
Kimiko already cast Augury and received a reply that nothing special will occur if we break into the Temple of Boccob. There is a 74% chance of that actually being true. She also plans to to get her divination on and cast the following while lingering outside the Temple of Boccob, so that she can find out if they are hiding anything: detect magic, detect good, detect evil, detect law, detect secret doors and detect thoughts. She then reports whatever she finds back to the party.

The night of the break in, she'll cast Divinely Persistent Silence and Divinely Persistent Darkness on an object so that the party will have a portable, 20ft radius of magical stealth and darkness. Note that, because silence is an illusion(glamer) spell, you are automatically immune to the effects of it if I inform you that I cast a silencing illusion and demonstrate it to be false. I am going to do so before sending you off, so there shouldn't be issues with the party not being able to talk to eachother while inside the magical silence.

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: June 20, 2011, 11:48:40 pm »

This game looks interesting, but how does such a large party fare? Wouldn't combat take a really really long time? Dungeons have to be huge, don't they? Just curious, is all. I'm thinking of submitting an Eladrin Wizard, but would I be too far behind in the story to catch up?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: June 21, 2011, 12:10:59 am »

Well, that was jus' great. I even got to use Geyser. Journal coming when I am more coherent. Also, cat burglary abounds.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: June 21, 2011, 12:13:14 am »

This game looks interesting, but how does such a large party fare? Wouldn't combat take a really really long time? Dungeons have to be huge, don't they? Just curious, is all. I'm thinking of submitting an Eladrin Wizard, but would I be too far behind in the story to catch up?
We actually fare pretty well, although sometimes a turn can take a really long time if we have to go look something up.  Also most of the people in the "participants" section of the OP don't usually show up; Sometimes we have a more... average sized party. 
Huge dungeons are cool!
And the basic story so far is told from multiple perspectives in journals(link) plus you don't really need more story than "My guy joined this Merc company" to play.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: June 21, 2011, 12:13:56 am »

You might want to go for an elf, if you're thinking 4e instead of 3.5: Eladrin aren't a core race. (This is 3.5) We seem to fare fairly well, having usually 8-10 people there. Not everyone shows up at once, though. The only people even close to that are myself and RAM. (He hasn't missed a session and I've only missed a couple, and we've been here from the beginning.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: June 21, 2011, 12:22:20 am »

The night of the break in, she'll cast Divinely Persistent Silence and Divinely Persistent Darkness on an object so that the party will have a portable, 20ft radius of magical stealth and darkness. Note that, because silence is an illusion(glamer) spell, you are automatically immune to the effects of it if I inform you that I cast a silencing illusion and demonstrate it to be false. I am going to do so before sending you off, so there shouldn't be issues with the party not being able to talk to each other while inside the magical silence.

Oh, you are a munchkiny one. Just an FYI, passing your will save versus the Silence spell means it is no longer affecting you, which means everyone else in the room can hear you too.

The large party fares quite well, I just have to add more monsters to each encounter to make it work. Combat takes a good bit of time, yes, but it takes a good bit of time no matter how big your party is. The dungeons don't really have to be much bigger; I just made the Overworld map Too Damn Huge to convey to my players the utter big-ness of the floating continent. As for Eladrins, I don't know what book they're from, so you'll need to submit a reference so I can give it the go-ahead before you use one. As for the story, it's not hideously complicated or anything, you can just read the journals so far (Kogan has a compiled list somewhere, apparently) or ask the players during a session... I can give you the bare bones of the story thus far if you want, but I like to get the other players to tell you their take on it instead  ;D

And Barb, don't forget about teh Fool; he hasn't stuck with the same character the whole time, but he's had extremely good attendance and was one of the original few players. You'll notice he isn't far behind you in experience, despite being on his third character and starting from 0 exp each time.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: June 21, 2011, 12:24:58 am »

450 experience for all who played today! Yes, even Angle, even though you didn't get the introduction you wanted. Sorry about that, there was more RP than I expected. Turns out you can have a fulfilling D&D session by going "you guys have stuff to talk about, I'm going to bugger off while you do".

Journals for exp. Woot. These ought to be good.

By the way, I work next Saturday, so the session is going to be some other day. Friday is the most reliable for me, since my schedule for next week is subject to change until Thursday, but my available days to work next week are... wait, all of them? Dafuq? It's wedding season, and the jazz festival starts up soon, what the hooch...

I can't do another monday game, as my normal GM for the timeslot got kinda prissy about it. Of course, my character bowed out of the current bad idea, so yah.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 244