Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300566 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1770 on: June 16, 2011, 12:57:18 pm »

Do note that my character despises necromancy, so there will probably be some degree of interparty conflict if you play one. (Not that it would be very different from now.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: June 16, 2011, 02:14:40 pm »

Van and Maelrigar are probably the biggest conflict in our party right now, with Van's soon to be vow of peace and Maelrigar's warrior tradition thingie.

Corina's Nobility thing is probably the second biggest conflict.

There is also a major alignment conflict. The last session brought that to a head though. It's really a good versus evil thing. Strongly Chaotic Neutral Vaba and Chaotic Evil Mathaf started acting in a manner that the Good party members disapproved of. Chaotic Uskton cut Mathaf in half rather than get kicked off the boat, while the NG members on deck stood around and did nothing. Then we got Pheron and Van, both who acted switched their alignments. Van Neutrally interrupted the ability of the crew to man their duty stations, while Pheron Lawfully wrecked order back on deck using the crew.

As such, I expect that the Necromantic conflict could be pretty severe, since it would stack on some other conflicts.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: June 16, 2011, 02:17:23 pm »

I think this whole fractious army-of-characters thing is goddamn awesome. We already have a bunch of different cults, but now we have alignment stuff. All that we need now is have a superpowered monk and a magical orc start thwacking each other. (Not really. That would be bad.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: June 16, 2011, 02:45:19 pm »

While it would be bad, I think it would be epic for our characters to fight at some point.

As for acting neutrally I am actually pushing for an alignment change to lawful neutral to match the judge persona. There shouldn't be any conflict with Van and Mael though since we don't really kill downed stuff normally in combat, though I'm not sure what'll happen when I take prisoners that he hates. I might punch them out a couple times if they keep getting on peoples nerves. My character wants justice, and if there is no one to turn people over to we might have to do what pirates did. You know, leave people with a few days worth of food and water in the middle of nowhere. Better than killing people, and it follows a code of sorts. That wouldn't count as evil would it?

EDIT: I'm not sure if I should really push for an alignment change though, because then I wouldn't be able to take any more exalted feats even if they are free. I guess that means that I'll have to be a neutral in judgements, but good otherwise. I can't wait to have a calm aura near animals (neutral to friendly) then I can join the nature cult.

As for the octopus familiar I don't think I can take it because of VoP. Anyone want to take care of it?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 02:55:53 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: June 16, 2011, 02:48:15 pm »

True. We both have some sort of honor code, and we both don't like evil things.

Maybe during a break we can do a pretend-battle.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: June 16, 2011, 03:12:43 pm »

Woah, guys. I just wanted to make an over the top necromancer villian character. Heck, I even gave him ranks in perform(villian song). I didn't think it would spark so much controversity. Although the idea of the party fighting sounds interesting.
I'm mainly posting to say I'm for a shorter session on sunday, so we can roll up the ongoing stuff with Vaba and Uskton.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: June 16, 2011, 03:23:55 pm »

I can't make a session on this Sunday, I'll be celebrating Father's Day. (I may have the wrong week?) Monday would work best for me. Tuesday evening would be possible, but unpreferred.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: June 16, 2011, 03:52:48 pm »

@Barbarossa: You got the right week

@Theoboldi: I made a villain character before, Dr. Moon. I decided to drop him because I designed the character to be a sadistic maniac and we had to spend days traveling. Rather than risk a party attack at night when we didn't kill things earlier (CDGing people in their sleep is not appreciated) I dropped him in favor of Van. I don't think my character would have a problem with skeletons/zombie creation if they are already dead, but if you were planning to have a sadistic character we might be at odds.

There is an evil personality and there is just plain evil. Personality we can deal with (Vaba should get by with a lecture that he can ignore), but evil (killing for absolutely no reason, torture, etc.) might get crushed between a water orc and a monk in this case. We won't stop you from making the character, but we'll probably roleplay as normal. Evil personalities add flavor and are fun to play, but you might have to be careful around Mael or Van.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: June 16, 2011, 04:07:58 pm »

Andre would accept someone like that if they could properly justify their actions it to him. He had to steal, kill and worse to survive his youth, after all-sometimes preemptively.

He would be against someone who just did it for "kicks".
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: June 16, 2011, 04:10:28 pm »

@Barbarossa: You got the right week

@Theoboldi: I made a villain character before, Dr. Moon. I decided to drop him because I designed the character to be a sadistic maniac and we had to spend days traveling. Rather than risk a party attack at night when we didn't kill things earlier (CDGing people in their sleep is not appreciated) I dropped him in favor of Van. I don't think my character would have a problem with skeletons/zombie creation if they are already dead, but if you were planning to have a sadistic character we might be at odds.

There is an evil personality and there is just plain evil. Personality we can deal with (Vaba should get by with a lecture that he can ignore), but evil (killing for absolutely no reason, torture, etc.) might get crushed between a water orc and a monk in this case. We won't stop you from making the character, but we'll probably roleplay as normal. Evil personalities add flavor and are fun to play, but you might have to be careful around Mael or Van.

Don't worry, the character I made is less of an Complete Monster, but rather some sort of harmless villian, who is rather tame in his methods. He should be completly tollerable, assuming I even get to play him.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: June 16, 2011, 06:19:17 pm »

Skeletal Minions look fine to me. It's basically sacrificing your pet utility knife for a mindless bodyguard, and the skeleton's don't seem badass enough to break the game; it wouldn't even make a very good scout, since it can't communicate very well and can't really think at all.

Shark Bolt looks fine as a third level spell.

Bladeweave looks... kinda overpowered, actually. At your level, it would last for six rounds, allowing you to full attack someone every round without consequence, assuming you can land a touch attack against them (which you likely can). I'm going to nerf it a little bit by making the duration 1 round per level or until discharged, so you can only make the one dazing touch. The good news is, it won't discharge until the enemy actually makes a will save, so if you keep missing with the touch attack, you still have the spell active.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: June 16, 2011, 06:45:28 pm »

Err... it's not actually that great, what with them having to fail a DC 15 will save. Rule 0, I suppose.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: June 16, 2011, 07:41:25 pm »

Updated my inventory to include some thunderstones, sunrods, a wand of lesser vigor and a huge pile of scienctific equipment. I feel prepared to dissolve, freeze, burn, deafen, illuminate, heal or analyze anything we come across, as appropriate.

Question for Shoruke: Can Divine Metamagic metamagic stuff cast from items? I assume not, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: June 16, 2011, 08:04:22 pm »

So, sheet is finished, with background and everything.

I also made one for the minion, so I can keep track of his stats.

If my paranoia proves wrong and Uskton stays alive and with the party, I think I'll keep this one for another campaign.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: June 16, 2011, 08:28:20 pm »

I don't think the Octopus would violate the VoP, since otherwise he'll go to the chef or meet some other nasty end.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 244