Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300533 times)

b_boy_212

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1635 on: May 30, 2011, 01:38:52 pm »

Hey sorry I could not make it school caught up and I cant do anything till its done which will be tomorrow.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: May 30, 2011, 06:59:44 pm »

I have lost momentum on my macro megaproject. I think that maybe some less tedious macro shenanigans might make me interestd in it again. If anyone has any questions or requests concerning Maptools' apalling macro language, feel free to say so...

P.S.
 Obviously Shoruke is the only one with the authority to turn this into the Maptools macro thread...

P.P.S.
 I may do a quick guide later on...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: May 31, 2011, 02:13:54 pm »

Yeah, I think I'll give the bystanders some RP experience for guarding the sandflier, just to prevent people from getting behind on exp. 300 exp to everyone who guarded the Bote!

Anyhow, I was leveling up and ran across a couple variant features to replace a familiar with.

Spoiler: Blood of Eberron (click to show/hide)
Ehh...sure.

Spoiler: Blood of Siberys (click to show/hide)
As an ACF? Balls no.

Fuck no.

Definitely not as an ACF. If it were a feat with some other (probably really bad) feat prerequisites, it would get upgraded to a "maybe".

As for your hp roll... even though you can prove that you did roll an 8, I have no way of determining how many rolls you made before you got it. So if you want to roll for your hp, please do it during the next session.

FEAT FOR REVIEW: Arcane Disciple (Storm). Due to super devotion to Procan, I get the storm domain spells added to my list and can cast 1 of each level once per day.
(providing references constitutes being nice to your GM)
If you take this as a feat, you add the spells from the storm domain to your sorcerer spells known. You won't be able to cast them any extra times per day.

ALSO: What was the final decision on Leadership?
If you take it, you can get one (and only one) follower who brings no equipment of their own (save civilian clothes), can only take NPC class levels, and can't use Item Creation feats.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 02:56:58 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: May 31, 2011, 06:14:19 pm »

Is it a follower or a cohort? Can they start with enough money to buy basic equipment, say 100 gold?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: May 31, 2011, 09:07:54 pm »

I think I'm level 4 now then (if not, The journal will put me there)

In that case, I'd like to take Armor Focus (Plate Mail) as my next feat, as we discussed some time ago.
It would reduce my Armor Check Penalty by 1, and increase my dex bonus by 1.

Justification is through use and study of his new armor, he's figured out how to fight better with it.

For skills, I'm putting 3 into Siegecraft, and 1 into Architecture. My trips to Ibaea have been very informative in learning how to build buildings, and likewise how to tear them apart! ;)
+5 HP for half fighter, +1 for con bonus (6 total). New Point goes into strength (I've been lifting a lot of heavy stuff. Makes me pretty buff!)
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: June 01, 2011, 02:37:46 pm »

Is it a follower or a cohort? Can they start with enough money to buy basic equipment, say 100 gold?

Cohort. And no. And bear in mind that if your cohort dies, you don't get a new one; you either pay out the ass to revive him, or go without.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:46:44 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: June 01, 2011, 03:16:25 pm »

I'd avoid that feat and just get an army of donkeys. They are willing to enter dungeons, they deal 1d2 damage, and they only cost 8 gold each. Just think about it...

"Why exactly are we bringing a hundred donkeys with us again?"

"Well two are for our supplies, and I doubt that the enemy can kill 98 hungry donkeys before being bitten to death."

"Brilliant!"

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: June 01, 2011, 04:01:52 pm »

Well, you need a lot more than 100 if we're dragon slaying. 400 donkeys hit 20 times for 21d2 damage... that's a lot of donkeys.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: June 01, 2011, 04:55:03 pm »

Spoiler: Vaba's journal (click to show/hide)

Also, Why would you use donkeys?  Mules are much better, they cost the same, they have twice the hitpoints, attacks, size, attack bonus and don't have "Only bites when cornered" on their description.

God... now I'm visualizing Vaba using a mule as his mount...

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: June 01, 2011, 05:38:21 pm »

Somehow I think it would be brilliant to be a large scale mule herder who enjoys a good adventure, I wouldn't even need a specific player class. Imagine the handle animal checks that would be involved in that 400 mules vs dragon battle though. I think the DM would have to be lenient to allow something that ridiculous.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: June 02, 2011, 11:38:13 am »

God... now I'm visualizing Vaba using a mule as his mount...
Once in a 2e game we had a party of mostly dwarves. Included was a dwarven "cavalry" riding a war boar.

Several aspects of that became quite a bit of group lore, and references to it were made 6-7 years later even, in very unrelated games.
Odd mounts add a lot of flavor to a game.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: June 02, 2011, 11:42:54 am »

Somehow I think it would be brilliant to be a large scale mule herder who enjoys a good adventure, I wouldn't even need a specific player class. Imagine the handle animal checks that would be involved in that 400 mules vs dragon battle though. I think the DM would have to be lenient to allow something that ridiculous.
That was 400 doing the equivalent of 21 attacks (20 hits (natural 20s) and one critical (two natural 20s), assuming the dragon has significant AC. Not just 400 mules.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: June 02, 2011, 04:29:45 pm »

If you really want to play a ridiculous shepard character, oxen are 15gp per and are suprisingly impressive stats wise. The only hurdle is finding the time needed to train your cattle army for fighting. You can train up to 5 at once, which is just enough to qualify you for being able to stampede them into people. The DC to do so is 20 for most tricks, which is easily passed as a second level character (5 ranks, +3 from Skill Focus (handle animal) and +3 from charisma bonus) by just taking 10, so you might be able to work it into your backstory. It also means that you're not running around with 400 mules and having to find a way to feed and house all of those.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: June 02, 2011, 05:56:54 pm »

Stampeding would be impossible to use in combat. They run away from danger, not towards. Though with that said 1d8+9 is awesome for 15g, and to top it off you can ford the river with oxen. I don't think that WotC intended for oxen herders in parties. I have to try this in another game.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: June 02, 2011, 06:30:31 pm »

The key to using stampede in combat is making sure that your heard of oxen fear you more than whatever you want them to stampede.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 244