Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300528 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on May 14) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1590 on: May 22, 2011, 11:06:17 am »

You only missed the inventive use of a barrel of alcohol that killed it. Everyone other than Maelrigar and Vaba were at least 100 feet away and couldn't see or hear the battle. So you would have most likely have missed it anyways. It would have been awesome to have been at that fight though.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: May 22, 2011, 12:36:31 pm »

@Fool: I included a flaw (Vulnerable) and a flaw feat (Abberation Blood), but no traits. I guess I'll go add those if I see anything neat.
@Barbarossa: That's also statisfactory, if I can use it. The octopus is going to stay safely in the wagon/boat/whatever in a barrel of water.

Six limbed and huge size is only +12 to grapple; I have +18 after Enlarge Person. It'll be fine.

Can anyone give me a rundown as to where we are on the map, what sort of enemies we've been facing and how we got a boat?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: May 22, 2011, 12:43:59 pm »

It's a sandboat.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: May 22, 2011, 02:39:02 pm »

Alright, Grek, I'll let you apply the Battle Sorcerer variant to a wizard.
You hit die is now a d8 instead of d4. You get your max HD at level 1, and on all subsequent levels you can either roll (during a session) or take the average (which is HD/2 +1). You'll probably want to recalculate your hp.
You know get cleric attack progression
Since you don't have bluff as a class skill to give up, you do not get intimidate as a class skill (if you really want intimidate, then you can limit yourself to only having knowledge(arcana) as a class skill, and all other class skills will be cross-class for you)
equipment proficiency as battle sorcerer
You can cast one less spell of every spell level per day
At level one, you start with a spellbook containing all lvl-0 spells, and 2 + IntMod lvl-1 spells. At level 2, you get 2 more lvl-1 spells. On all subsequent levels, you will learn two more spells, only one of which may be of the highest spell level you can cast.

So you should know 8 lvl-1 spells, only two of which you may have prepared at a time, and one must be a transmutation spell. The table on the page for wizards shows how many spells you can cast when you are that level, NOT how many MORE spells you can cast when you reach that level.

Also, bear in mind that your familiar only grants you alertness if it's within 5' of you, and only grants you your grapple bonus/empathic link up to 1 mile.

And Barbarossa has a point about grappling things bigger than you; sure, being huge size only grants you a hefty +12 grapple bonus, but the monster's grapple bonus was actually more like +20. Also it had a constrict attack, and poison, and 20 AC. So yeah. Did I mention it half-killed Maelrigar in one full attack?

Other than that, though, your sheet looks fine. See you Saturday! By the way everyone there is totally a session this Saturday.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1594 on: May 22, 2011, 03:20:39 pm »

A level 2 wizard gets 4+Int Bonus cantrips and 2+Int bonus 1st level spells per day. I have an int bonus of +4. By my math, that comes out to 8 cantrips and 6 1st levels, plus 1 first level transmutation spell due to specialization, -1 spell per day at each level for battle sorcerer. So, 7 cantrips, 5 1st level whatevers and a bonus 1st level transmutation, unless I have horribly screwed this up somewhere.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: May 22, 2011, 05:16:54 pm »

You do indeed have this screwed up somewhere. Your int bonus gives you extra spells per day based on the chart on this page here.

I think the part that messed you up is that, at level 1, you get your full int bonus worth in level 1 spells written into the spellbook.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 07:13:04 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: May 22, 2011, 07:20:38 pm »

How did I never see that table? Results fixed, deficit in spells per day made up with in scrolls. In fact, I might just be better off starting out at level 1 for the extra 1000 xp to invest in half-priced scrolls.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: May 22, 2011, 07:58:36 pm »

8=0,9=1,10=2,11=3,12=4,13=5,14=6,15=8,16=10,17=13,18=16

points=32

16=10
14=6
12=4
18=16
8=0
8=0
cost=36

Am I missing something?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: May 22, 2011, 08:17:35 pm »

That would be the result of me thinking we're on 36, not 32. Fixed by lowering STR by 2.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: May 22, 2011, 10:35:10 pm »

Dang, 6'3" and 120 is skinny for a professional wrestler. Awesome concept, though. We need more people that can hurl goblins through walls.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: May 22, 2011, 10:54:07 pm »

Sheesh I haven't been able to play for so long that I should just create a new character if that is fine, and given some time I can have one ready.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: May 22, 2011, 11:06:52 pm »

I didn't play for a while either. We can be break-taking-name-rhyming-sorcerer-buddies!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: May 22, 2011, 11:08:07 pm »

I didn't play for a while either. We can be break-taking-name-rhyming-sorcerer-buddies!

Not sure if I will stay a sorcerer, but I'm still thinking on it.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: May 22, 2011, 11:08:28 pm »

Dang, 6'3" and 120 is skinny for a professional wrestler. Awesome concept, though. We need more people that can hurl goblins through walls.

He gets bulks up with a heaping helping of steroids Enlarge Person before each big match. 12' tall and 960 lbs.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: May 23, 2011, 12:36:35 pm »

Sheesh I haven't been able to play for so long that I should just create a new character if that is fine, and given some time I can have one ready.

You're aware that you're well ahead of the new character starting exp? Like, 4000 exp ahead?
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 244