Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300482 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1425 on: April 16, 2011, 11:13:00 pm »

Spoiler: Vaba's Journal (click to show/hide)
No, Vaba's journals will not be serious for a long while.  Especially with me writing them at midnight.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: April 17, 2011, 12:12:22 am »

Syvarris...
Pheron (the deer-man) Took the last shift at the wheel. As such, He was sailing when we entered the city. So he only sleep bleeted for no more than 6 hours or so where you could hear (assuming departure from the ship at 8 am)
He was still asleep when the group left for the mages tower, with the intent to sleep until noon. It's a peaceful city, his skills aren't needed and he plans to be up quite late in the evening. As such, you'd be in the Boat still if you followed him.

On a related note, I need to add a crewmember to the list of hirelings. It is for food purposes.
I believe that I need to feed the entire hireling group I intend to hire. This got me thinking on food and drink.
I think I can feed people on 1 sp per day per person with "decent quality meals" if I do so with a cook, but I really see no tables for this sort of thing anywhere. Anyone got information on feeding large groups of people?
That adds 27 gold per month in food costs, and an additional 3 gold per month for the additional hireling.

If 1 sp a day price is acceptable, I can either keep track of their food supplies, or I can add an extra 27 gold to the amount paid per pay cycle. Both are equally easy to me.

Actually if I track their food, I'd probably go ahead and keep track of the entire party's food supply, since the cook would reasonably cook for the party as well as the hirelings. If I'm tracking the food, I'll add purchasing the food to my shopping list. I'd probably track it as "barrels of food supply" along with empty barrels. I'd assume each empty barrel could hold 30 days of food or water. (Don't ask me where I got that from. It came from somewhere, but I dont know where.)

I've been tracking my own food and water already, so it won't change anything for me, though I would use 15 as the number of "Active players" for the additional food and water to track(and retcon any extra food or water that needed to be tracked into existence if we wanted to change that number, I imagine.)
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: April 17, 2011, 09:58:20 am »

There was a lot of roleplaying in this last session. At least we are headed back to the ruins for more notes now.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: April 17, 2011, 12:18:05 pm »

Theo, there seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding. All characters are ret-conned into existence at the start of the session for this campaign. You are assumed to have been with the party since the beginning.

Sorry if the session was a bit dull because of this. Shoruke will try to make this a bit more evident in the OP. Once again, sorry.

Okay, I'll keep that in mind next for next week.
Though Shoruke should really put something in the OP about that. It really isn't obvious.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: April 17, 2011, 02:24:18 pm »

Theo, there seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding. All characters are ret-conned into existence at the start of the session for this campaign. You are assumed to have been with the party since the beginning.

Sorry if the session was a bit dull because of this. Shoruke will try to make this a bit more evident in the OP. Once again, sorry.

Though Shoruke should really put something in the OP about that. It really isn't obvious.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 02:26:20 pm by mission0 »
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: April 17, 2011, 02:28:01 pm »

whoops :-[
I kinda flew over that part of the rules so I didn't notice it.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: April 17, 2011, 02:28:50 pm »

Yeah I missed some of the rules early on as well, just thought I would bring attention to that. ^_^

Now while I have a moment

Spoiler: Ishkabibble (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 02:39:26 pm by mission0 »
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: April 19, 2011, 11:46:26 am »

Theoboldi's Uskton Slek is listed as Edmond in the OP. Might wanna fix that. It links right though.

Speaking of which, Theoboldi, if you aren't concerned with some kind of special introduction, you should probably post a journal entry as well. It's worth 200 xp for you right now, and it establishes your character since we see your character's thoughts on what happened.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: April 19, 2011, 07:31:49 pm »

Is there a session Saturday?

Hopefully I'll have done the journal by then.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: April 21, 2011, 12:13:48 am »

Theoboldi, if you want you might be able to make a separate background story instead of a journal since your character wasn't established anywhere specifically. With that said your character could have been ANYWHERE at anytime during the session, feel free to write your journal as if you were doing what your character does. Even if it means running through the streets, resting on a boat, or even finding a comfy chair in the reception lobby. Anything goes at this point. Though you'd need permission to do a background story as a journal.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: April 21, 2011, 06:55:18 am »

Quick question. Is Corina's experience in the OP accurate? I messed up my database a bit, and need to repair.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: April 21, 2011, 08:05:06 am »

Well seeing as you all apparantly want a journal rom me, I'll try.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I know it's pretty short and I'm myself not really happy with it, but here you go.
Any criticism on this?

Also, how can an illitarate barbarian write a journal?

Edit: modified the journal a bit after reading abouts pherons actions.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 01:41:08 pm by Theoboldi »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: April 21, 2011, 07:07:37 pm »

They can relate the events of the day to their teddy-bear?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: April 21, 2011, 07:24:53 pm »

They can relate the events of the day to their teddy-bear?

Shoruke, can i ad a teddy bear to my inventory? :P

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: April 21, 2011, 11:49:28 pm »

I got a problem with it. Session ended before any sailing back to the ruins was done. It ended before noon the day we arrived in sandsedge, in fact.

I mention it because that Evening Pheron has stuff to do ;)
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 244