Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300351 times)

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1185 on: February 26, 2011, 04:16:55 pm »

Hmm, perhaps I should make a Journal... yeah that is a good idea.

Spoiler: Journal-Tastic (click to show/hide)
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: February 26, 2011, 04:40:53 pm »

I'm quite sure I already gave you your journal experience.

According to my recent entries in the XP line on Mythweavers, this is what my recent values were.

8718 (as of now)
8318 (before adding the journal from last Monday)
8218 (before adding the 100 from last Monday)
7818 (after last Saturday's sessions journal)

And I don't have any beyond that. Any idea what I could have missed? Also, any word on the Weapons of Legacy?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: February 26, 2011, 05:06:11 pm »

Maelrigar's exp total is 8718, then. Pretty quick here, I'm gonna write up a quick program to track the exp I give to you guys...
Nael gets his journal exp. Yaaay.

As for Legacy Items, assume "no" until I've read the book, which is likely to be a while, since my schedule is full right up for the next week or so.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: February 26, 2011, 05:14:34 pm »

It would be a while before I could use one anyway, so I'm not worried. They're basically side-quest-powered weapons that you need to spend feats to use. They get magic powers and some bonuses, and at higher levels might achieve sentience, though not all do. I figure that if I'm already going balls-to-the-walls detail for Maelrigar's backstory and character development, I may as well get myself a weapon made of backstory. If you don't like them, oh well. I can just write some words about my normal magic weapon.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: February 26, 2011, 05:22:58 pm »

Well, luckily for your exposition-filia, there isn't much plot left between you and the... goddammit spoilers.
Thar be phat loots in your future, anyway.

Also, hooray for expository macros, I expect we can get through the huge-ass room descriptions at breakneck speed with these.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: February 26, 2011, 05:29:52 pm »

[my] exposition-filia
I don't actually like expositorating very much. That's why I'm doing this - to get better and maybe like it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: February 26, 2011, 05:33:20 pm »

The important thing is, If Pillow_Killer doesn't vote on what name he likes best, his character is gonna get killed...
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: February 26, 2011, 05:38:40 pm »

Well if we have to vote I will vote for Blind zephyr, am I the only one who remembers charging out into the desert in the hopes that our magic city-finder would happen to find something?

A small number of our party set off towards the city-centre in search of the mage guild, hopeful that we may find evidence of how the city was destroyed, and collect a certain bounty.

We found only ruins on our path, but located the guild in due course. It was , naturally, also ruined, but seemed stable enough.

Inside we found it predictably looted, but were fortunate enough to locate a hatch leading to a hidden space below. After some persuasion the hatch gave way and we entered a room with a number of exits, books, and a highly magical cauldron. Apparently, the cauldron was fermenting a large number of mixed magics distilled into a liquid form. Such a thing must be highly unstable, hopefully there are some notes that can be perused before investigating the device itself. In the interests of having a safe environment in which to work, we are investigating the exits, and have located an apparent store-room.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: February 26, 2011, 05:45:54 pm »

Mystellar receives his journal experience, just in time... and just barely. Needs more character for your in-character journal, know what I'm sayin'?

Server is up. Game in 15 minutes. Time to exposit.

EDIT: the south room is going to become a meme, or at least an inside joke, pretty quick here. People keep mentioning it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 07:31:48 pm by shoruke »

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: February 26, 2011, 07:35:38 pm »

Shoruke, you vanished off my Hamachi.

Edit: And again. Every time it does, CRASH!

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 07:42:43 pm by Kogan Loloklam »
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: February 26, 2011, 11:15:39 pm »

There was an extreme deficit of fighting this week, including the Monday session. So, to prevent utter character stagnation, journals this week are worth 2.5x as much as usual! Earn it you bastards. I mean, you kinda partially have already, what with showing up to the session and doing stuff, but still.

The group seems to be getting sick of being split up, except those who are looting the mage guild, because they are finding some really idiosyncratic schist in there. Including notes on how to make more stuff. Just wait until you guys reach the bottom, there's stuff out the stuff down there. I might have to make another exposition macro just to tell you what all of it is without getting tired.

Also, I finally figured out the park group's motivation: Ethan thought there would be druid stuff hidden in a public park. Well, there wasn't, but they found Tarlach's cactus and stuffed it in the stasis bag.

And I just can't believe you guys don't want to make a holy water elemental. That would just be so damn cool. I would actually take the Improved Familiar feat for one of my characters to have a holy water elemental familiar.

Oh wait... water elementals take -4 to attack if they're on land. Still, it would be cool just to say you have one. Like the titanium elemental, but less munchkiny.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: February 26, 2011, 11:25:35 pm »

Hey, I didn't expect fucking benches. I was thinking a Pokemon Safari Zone-type deal. Plus, going to the nature area is just the druidy thing to do.

Journal coming in the next week.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: February 26, 2011, 11:51:30 pm »

(Other things that happened this session: Ethan and the park group found a quest cactus, looted a leather shop, and went to the Mage Guild. The Ship fetching group got ambushed, won, and made it just shy of the ship. Maelrigar went to a nearby bazaar and looted it, and has 2 more turns of actions to catch up in the next session.)

Journals

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: February 27, 2011, 02:05:31 am »

From the Journal of Corina Chillblood

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: February 27, 2011, 03:06:36 am »

And I just can't believe you guys don't want to make a holy water elemental. That would just be so damn cool. I would actually take the Improved Familiar feat for one of my characters to have a holy water elemental familiar.

Just so you know, I do plan on taking the Improved familiar feat pretty soon. If you would like to do something interesting with it let me know. Although I wasn't planning on summoning a familiar till I could get the Pseudodragon or the Quasit.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 244