Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300186 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1005 on: February 16, 2011, 11:18:35 pm »

Good news, everyone!

I'm apparently not leaving town on Saturday, so the session is scheduled to proceed as scheduled. Believe it or not, that previous sentence was completely devoid of redundancy.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 16, 2011, 11:46:52 pm »

Woot!

And for the record, I don't believe it!
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: February 17, 2011, 12:03:24 am »

I do.

He put it in his calendar to continue his plan to put the session in his calender.

Now what this says about his sanity and record keeping habits I don't know, but it certainly has no redundancy!
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 17, 2011, 12:06:49 am »

Huzzah! There be gaming here!

EDIT: From a distinct lack of flavor in Van's character I have made another (yes, this is getting a little silly). I made it specifically to be a lot more flavorful and strange so that the style of writing that I use will actually fit the character. I went with a hare hengeyokai named Lepus Rolling Badger since catfolk would doom my chances of hitting for quite a while.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:47:23 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 17, 2011, 10:16:29 am »

Huzzah! There be gaming here!

EDIT: From a distinct lack of flavor in Van's character I have made another (yes, this is getting a little silly). I made it specifically to be a lot more flavorful and strange so that the style of writing that I use will actually fit the character. I went with a hare hengeyokai named Lepus Rolling Badger since catfolk would doom my chances of hitting for quite a while.
I thought Van had a lot of character. Though I never saw him played...
A Wood elf Monk with a vow of poverty, off to change the world through the teachings of his monastery and his strong faith in Vandria Gilmadrith.
That is quite a bit of character.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: February 17, 2011, 10:59:02 am »

I agree, but I had a distinct lack of in-game flavor. Journals are easy to write in character but to do so in-game is another issue.  The religion that I chose was only in one book and had only one story about the god, and it was short. I had little to write about most of the time and ended up being the mostly silent character who was a little too honest when he did speak. I also didn't like that the VoP stopped me from buying a key item, and that I had to mooch off everyone else for food and shelter. To say the least I didn't like the flavor even though it could have been there.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 17, 2011, 11:36:25 am »

Why would there be an In-game issue? He's a monk. Discipline and writing are part of the implied package.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: February 17, 2011, 12:19:13 pm »

I had actually been about to make a ruling that plot-critical items can be purchased by a monk with the VoP, from his stash of charity coinage.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: February 17, 2011, 02:14:17 pm »

The Vow of Poverty in Catholicism.

A vow of poverty doesn't mean they cannot buy plot critical items. The gold they reserve for their order or charity, and would send the gold back to their order or give it to charity or other noble cause. If they require something that is in keeping with the tenants of their order, they could theoretically use that gold for the purpose.

I don't know the exact details revolving around the situation, but I strongly suspect that purchasing the vial of lawful water or whatever it was classifies as an act in keeping within Van's order or religion, as such he would be allowed to use the funds that are supposed to go to charity or his order for the act of buying the vial.

(Of course if he already gave the money to his order or donated it to charity, which he should be periodically doing, he wouldn't have had the money anyway :))

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 17, 2011, 06:49:10 pm »

Woot!

And for the record, I don't believe it!

What!? You don't believe it? Jeez, next you'll probably be saying that 'Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo' isn't a grammatically correct sentence! (Seriously, it actually is.)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: February 17, 2011, 06:57:41 pm »

I actually thought Van was pretty cool. Him and Maelrigar got to be melee-buddies!

What!? You don't believe it? Jeez, next you'll probably be saying that 'Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo' isn't a grammatically correct sentence! (Seriously, it actually is.)
Actually, no. In order to be correct, it'd need to be "Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.". Here's how it can be parsed.

THE buffalo FROM Buffalo WHO ARE buffaloed BY buffalo FROM Buffalo, buffalo (verb) OTHER buffalo FROM Buffalo.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 17, 2011, 07:12:02 pm »

When did buffalo become a verb?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 17, 2011, 07:50:23 pm »

Gah, the capitals got me. And if I remember correctly, buffalo can be used as a synonym for bullying.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: February 17, 2011, 08:59:01 pm »

We are leaving the mining town. It was as friendly as I could have hoped, they gave us shelter from the desert, they aided us on our appointed task, and furnished us with the finest craft we could have hoped for without regard to any knowledge of their skills that we could glean from such a thing. And yet we did not all survive the encounter, this does not bode well for our future exploration.

I will have to examine those emeralds, to imbue such a sustained magic on a regular basis would leave one of our artisans greatly diminished. Perhaps they have found a means of channelling power from an external source. Or maybe the gem traps a more mundane magic so to make it unable to diminish...

We <Iinsert what happened to the horses and cart> and set off across the desert in our new ship. The trip was uneventful, though the ship does offer some curiosities, and is much swifter than our previous efforts. Having reached the ruins we can confirm that they are, indeed, in the location described, the maps accuracy does not appear to have been misrepresented. The ruins themselves are indeed ruined, they are the site of such devastation as had never occurred to me to be possible. Apparently the trouble was caused, at least as far as records survived, by relatively minor creatures, I can only imagine that more powerful beings might have been involved, and yet, they do not appear to be present...

We entered the ruins and located some treasures that had survived the battle, which my companions took for themselves, while one of the arcanists left to explore by themselves, and found a monstrous scorpion, which was disabled by some glue and promptly killed. We then returned to the ship and encountered an Azer at the city gates. It seemed to be uncharacteristically calm and rational for a creature of fire, and requests to return to its home plane. Doing so may prove a valuable insight into both the plane and the magics required to banish such a creature. Apparently the creatures summoned here have been attacking one another, which would explain why there are so few. What puzzles me is that they do not seem to be related, coming from different planes, and why the effect ended when the place was destroyed. It is all consistent with an attack, and bears disturbing similarities to the magic we encountered in the mining town. Could it be that our plane is under attack? How do the forces behind this so easily manipulate so many planes?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 244