Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299911 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session today) (always recruiting)
« Reply #585 on: December 22, 2010, 12:32:29 pm »

What was crystalkeep, anyway?

It was a website, with compiled lists of stuff from various books. They had a list of feats, various uses and DC's for skills, races, templates, spells (organized by who can cast them, and then by spell level), and monsters (sorted by CR, environment, HD, or type). Most of the pages were over a hundred pages of text, and they had info from like 20 books in there. It was extremely handy. And now it's gone! Pout!

Also, today's session is going to be 4.75 hours long, with a 20-minute supper break somewhere around the 3-hour mark. It would have been a couple hours longer, but silly real life once again gets in the way, and I'm going to have to pick mom up from work and then set up a christmas tree.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 22, 2010, 02:08:02 pm »

You missed the thread I made about Crystalkeep, then. Merry Christmas.

I'm ready for the session, and I should be there on time.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 22, 2010, 03:45:50 pm »

Server's up.

That file of tokens I downloaded is too goddamn big, it's taking me forever to go through it and see what all it has... and I'm ignoring all of the animal/enemy tokens.

Also, thank you Barb, for the Christmas present of a link to the new CrystalKeep. Yay!
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 22, 2010, 04:02:31 pm »

Alternatively, if that goes down and wizards does a more... preventative search, you can use web.archive.org.

Very helpful, I must say.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 22, 2010, 04:41:45 pm »

Even if Wizards takes down all six of the mirror sites I've seen, I have a copy of each PDF on two different flash drives.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches and then some
« Reply #590 on: December 22, 2010, 07:26:36 pm »

Urgent!!! Need trope links that apply to each character!!!
Well, there's a food break for those who eat food at this time, so I'll oblige you.

Maelrigar Desraktu's Tropes

Honour Before Reason - Yes, of course chasing down the thief until he dies of exhaustion is a reasonable way to capture him!

Proud Warrior Race Guy - Who better fits this trope than an orc that's trying to be a good guy? (Even if he's failing horribly?)

Noble Savage - He may be damp and orcy, but he knows what's right and wrong.

Difficult But Awesome - Who woulda thunk that an Orcish Sorcerer could become the most powerful member of an entire party of druids, clerics, and wizards?

Magic Knight - Pretty self explanatory here.

The Blood Knight - Sort of?

Pick and choose the ones you agree with.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 22, 2010, 08:42:18 pm »

two minute forum post GO

-group went to dorftown
-group went to kobold cave
-group is now on the other side of a caved-in wall
-journal entries for all who participated are worth 100 exp per character level

try to make your journal entries verbose and detailed enough that people who weren't here for the session know what happened. Poor Tibs felt so left out.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 22, 2010, 09:29:11 pm »

It wasn't the path I would have chosen, but travelling alone would be ill-advised, and we have arrived. This looks to be the passage described, and it is certainly blocked, the stones here are packed tight and there must be tonnes of them. There seems to be a narrow passage, perhaps we could squeeze through.

I have requisitioned some inter-planar assistance to smooth it to a point that I can conveniently slide through.

The others report that the far side is predictably barren, there is no way to get the wagons to the far side.

Some have left to retrieve tools, they plan to clear a passage for the wagons.

We have been stuck down here for days, why could we not have simply taken the river path.

It took all day, but there is a hole large enough for a wagon. Ihope that it will not attract too much attention...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 22, 2010, 11:58:31 pm »

Quote from: Maelrigar's Journal
It's good to be moving onwards again. I can almost picture the Oceans of Procan that may await us in the yet-undiscovered lands of the East. In the past four days or so, we stopped by a dwarven village, rode to this tunnel, and chopped a path through a rock wall to get to the tunnel that we're in now. Back in the village, we were greeted by a pair of guards, and Finny did that thing she does where she pretends to be a dwarf. You'd think she'd learn some respect sometime. That'd be like me pretending to be an ogre. It's just not right. Anyway, I decided to visit the armory in the city, and found a nice set of magical armor and a magic shield. Their magical effects aren't very powerful, but that can be improved over time. I'd like to find a nice suit of plate that doesn't get in the way of my spellcasting someday, but this chainmail is fine for now. We spent about a day heading north along the mountains to get to the tunnel that supposedly leads all the way through them. We didn't get very far before we saw a ruined and lumpy part of the wall, sharply contrasting with the perfectly smooth and fluid tunnel from before. I crawled through a small gap in the rubble, and found that the tunnel on the other side was squared and perfectly straight, running East almost directly. That's where I am now. You see, I'm taking a breather after we spent almost an hour hacking apart the tunnel to widen it enough for the wagons. Sure beat my plan though... We didn't have any picks, so I was just going to punch it wider. Sure, it's not very efficient, but it'd be some decent exercise.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 23, 2010, 12:07:44 am »

I apologize for not being able to make it to this game, as I said earlier work schedules conflicted directly with the game. Next time I will try to be around.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session next week) (always recruiting)
« Reply #595 on: December 23, 2010, 03:41:22 pm »

RAM and Maelrigar have received roleplaying experience for their journals!

Next session should be next Tuesday, I think. Or maybe Wednesday. Please post your availability, such as you know it, for those two days.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 23, 2010, 03:51:24 pm »

Wednesday is a definite yes, Tuesday I'm 90% sure I could make it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 23, 2010, 04:14:33 pm »

RAM and Maelrigar have received roleplaying experience for their journals!

Next session should be next Tuesday, I think. Or maybe Wednesday. Please post your availability, such as you know it, for those two days.
Too late for a journal?

I can probably do it both days.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 23, 2010, 04:54:15 pm »

Too late for a journal?

Nope, journal entry opportunities are always available until the next time there's a session.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 23, 2010, 05:17:04 pm »

It looks like for all my interest it will be a long time until I can actually join the game. I have a trip right after Christmas which will keep me occupied until I get back in January.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 244