Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299834 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session today) (always recruiting)
« Reply #510 on: November 27, 2010, 04:39:13 pm »

I can't reconnect for some reason.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 27, 2010, 05:11:19 pm »

It always boggles me it says people disconnect twice at once, and then they don't come back for a while.

Also... dude, where's my players? We've been fluctuating at 3 or 4 people this whole time.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 27, 2010, 06:37:17 pm »

Sorry, I had trouble sleeping, I will try to wake up and join you shortly.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 27, 2010, 07:11:37 pm »

Finni, Ethan, and Maelrigar received 385 experience
Van, Tallulah, Mystellar, and Caex received 350.

loots, with Finni's appraise check:
MW halberd: 310 gp
Banded Mail: 250 gp
Everburning Torch: 110 gp
Alchemist's Fire: 20 gp
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds: 300 gp

Journal entries from everyone mentioned above will earn experience. Except Tallulah, who wasn't there for this session; she only participated in the first half of the fight.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 27, 2010, 07:40:54 pm »

We have been travelling for some time now. I was surprised at how safe the roads were, we made it all the way to the human city without incident. We stayed there only briefly, it was nice to get a clean room and good bed for the night, but otherwise there was little reason to stay. On the road to the dwarven city we were set upon by a band of orcs, apparently bandits. I called some beetles from the celestial planes but the battle still took a hefty toll. I have done what I can for our horses but I fear that some of their injuries are beyond my abilities...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 27, 2010, 07:53:09 pm »

How many times can I take the Battle Caster feat?

Battle Caster
Prerequisites: Ability to wear armor without regarding the Arcane Spell Failure chance.
Effect: You can wear one category of armor heavier that you normally wear while still disregarding the Arcane Spell Failure chance of the armor (doesn't apply to shields, etc)

The thing is though, I've already taken it once, and it says nothing about taking it again. I forgot to actually choose a bonus feat from being level 3, so I'm considering options. This one could help out with that whole armor conundrum.

Alternatively, can something be both Feycrafted and Githcrafted? (Sources: DMG 2) Maybe crafted by a half-fey Githyenki with a penchant for selling things to dem orx on the material plane?

Quote from: Maelrigar's Journal
Well, that was a fun one. I got that nature cultist to draw back the plants and charged right in. First swing went wide, but I gave the next two some oomph! One of the horses is wounded pretty badly though, so that'll slow us down a bit. Maybe Finny is right. Maybe someone's trying to stop us from reaching the desert. The enemy orcs must've been paid a lot of gold. What kind of orc attacks a clanbrother without formal declaration of tribal war? Nonetheless, they attacked us and met my blade. Soon I'll be too strong for such treachery. Soon I will find the fabled 'ocean'. Maybe it's within this desert.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 27, 2010, 08:42:32 pm »

How many times can I take the Battle Caster feat?
Once.

Alternatively, can something be both Feycrafted and Githcrafted?

Not a hope. You could have one or the other though, I suppose. However, extraplanar travel isn't common, even in the omni-racial trade city of Rivershire, so finding a Fey or Githyanki smith is difficult, and their goods are going to be quite rare, and accordingly costly.

EDIT: I'll review journals on Monday or Tuesday, to give everyone some time to actually write them... and there might not be a session next week, due to finals, I haven't decided yet.

EDIT2: I read the description for blue ice. There aren't many deep, magical glaciers in the Civilized Lands, which means that to obtain this stuff, it has to be manufactured magically. As with all things magical, this is not a cheap process (you'll notice that according to the very basic Real Estate table found here that you can buy a decent-size house for less than the cost of a +2 weapon). Blue Ice is going to cost 1.5x as much as stated in Frostburn. Also, I don't know about the Australians and Americans among us, but us Canadians know that wearing a suit made of ice is a rather stupid idea. In addition to the -1 initiative and reflex saves, wearing blue ice armor forces you to make a DC 12 fortitude save every 10 minutes you wear the armor, or take 1d4 nonlethal cold damage. If you fall unconscious due to this damage, all further damage taken from your armor becomes lethal.

Cold Resistance of at least 1, or an Endure Elements spell, will negate the initiative and reflex save penalties. Cold Resistance of at least 4, or Cold Immunity, allows you to wear this armor as comfortably as very light iron armor.

Note that this is a rather light penalty compared to what would happen to a real-life humanoid wearing a suit of ice. Hypothermia, stiff joints, reduction in your immune system's general capabilities... fun stuff. Anyway, Maelrigar, since we're in agreement that you shouldn't have been able to buy anything like the armor you've got, once you get to the Dwarf town, I'll give you a full refund on what you spent (4500 gp), and you can buy something else. Hopefully, we'll both have the presence of mind to double-check our math this time. Mutual derp.

EDIT3:I apologize for the short session, and for the probable lack of session next week; it's that time of the university year. But once finals are over and the holidays kick in, I should once again be able to host your scheduled game.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 09:10:57 pm by shoruke »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 27, 2010, 09:50:24 pm »

Shoruke, is Wildwood armor (Races of the Wild, page 170 with a table on 169) or Darkleaf armor (Eberron Campaign Setting, 120)allowed?

Also, I don't believe I asked about the possibility of a Daggerspell Shaper (CAdv, 36) or Master of Many Forms (CAdv, 58, & CAdv Errata)

Of course, I don't plan on getting any of those for a little bit, just wondering.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 29, 2010, 08:40:51 am »

I'm thinking that Van will have to use prayers as an excuse for a journal. You know, to not use paper and such.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 29, 2010, 09:38:35 am »

Could you kick me off your Hamachi?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 29, 2010, 12:54:57 pm »

I'll get my journal tonight.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 29, 2010, 01:55:49 pm »

Is Corina leaving the party? I'd be sad.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 29, 2010, 07:10:38 pm »

I believe that you can right-click on a network and tell your Hamachi to leave it...
Read the First Post!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 30, 2010, 12:17:49 am »

Spoiler: Journal (click to show/hide)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 30, 2010, 07:39:09 am »

Is Corina leaving the party? I'd be sad.
I'm migrating to a new computer, and Hamachi won't let me join the network. Says it's full. I assume that if rouke kicks me off, I can rejoin.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 244