Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299808 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session this weekend) (always recruiting)
« Reply #480 on: November 24, 2010, 11:38:12 pm »

Anyone else having trouble with mythweavers still?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 25, 2010, 12:24:51 am »

It's acting normally for me.

@The Fool - I'm not sure Vow of Poverty works like that. Specifically, your funds probably will just vanish, not go into a party fund. VoP is supposed to replace the need for money, not let you get both the VoP benefits and more equipment for the rest of your party. Still, it is a nice character concept in addition to really helping out the party balance.

PS: Is that monk going to be using the spell Mighty Wallop (1st level spell)? It lets you deal unarmed damage as if you were one size class bigger. Alternatively, Greater Might Wallop (3rd level spell). +1 effective size class for unarmed strike damage for every 4 caster levels. You can do some sick damage with that, and I intend on getting the spell some time for my own use, so maybe some time I can cast it on a glove that you're wearing. (I think you need a manufactured weapon, but maybe a monk's fist is an exception.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 25, 2010, 12:39:22 am »

Vow of Poverty money needs to be donated to charity.

Nothing is stopping a particularly chaotic character from stealing some of that money, however.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 25, 2010, 06:22:47 am »

But if you are stealing from the monks charity box then you may as well steal from the local church, and that path eventually leads to nobody willingly allowing you into their city...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 25, 2010, 07:46:30 am »

I was thinking only about 25-50 gold per city, you know enough for bread and water for the poor. I think that is fairly small in comparison to of what we get for every dungeon we walk into.

P.S. Mighty Wallop could be cast onto his shoes/sandals assuming that you need a manufactured weapon to cast it on.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 08:13:19 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 25, 2010, 11:09:23 am »

The Vow of Poverty will prevent you from accepting rewards from handing in quests, but any money/items you find in dungeons can be given either to your friends, or to charity, at your discretion.

Stealing money that has been allotted to charity is a very evil act, and you may be subject to an alignment change.

And a monk's unarmed strike counts as a weapon for pretty much everything, including buffs that enhance one's weapons. I don't recall the Mighty Wallop spell, though...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 25, 2010, 11:24:16 am »

It's from Dragon Magic.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 25, 2010, 11:52:51 am »

((goes to Google to look for it))

Races of the Dragon, actually...
And I'm still enforcing that you have to specifically request non-core spells/classes/items/feats etc. Don't forget this just because we're past character generation for the most part.

However, I will allow the Mighty Wallop spell, since it only increases damage.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 12:07:48 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 25, 2010, 12:31:16 pm »

On that note, have you put any thoughts toward my request? I know I haven't played much, but I do plan to play more in future, and my future build depends on your answer(s).
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 25, 2010, 12:41:28 pm »

On that note, have you put any thoughts toward my request? I know I haven't played much, but I do plan to play more in future, and my future build depends on your answer(s).

The golems and crossbreeding stuff? I read the golems thing, and that looks fine, haven't got around to the crossbreeding yet.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 25, 2010, 12:41:59 pm »

Also, you guys are going to LOVE the desert. It's going to be fun.

Assuming we ever reach it. I think one of the librarian wants us dead, so he hired these orcs.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 25, 2010, 12:57:03 pm »

The golems and crossbreeding stuff? I read the golems thing, and that looks fine, haven't got around to the crossbreeding yet.
Excellent.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 25, 2010, 01:39:21 pm »

Excellent.

You do realize that most of those golems have a minimum level of, like, 15 to create? IIRC, the mithral golem requires you to be able to cast Wish at will, be level 17, spend several thousand exp and a small fortune, plus you'll need to actually construct a golem.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 25, 2010, 01:55:09 pm »

Of course, but I'll need to plan ahead to invest in the neccessary facilities, take the needed feats and skills, etc. Even if Corina never makes a golem or makes a crossbreed (if you allow that) it gives the character a goal to work towards. Make sense?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 25, 2010, 10:08:47 pm »

Are we doing a session this weekend? If so, I request it be Saturday, 11 PM GMT, which will be te best time for me for the forseeable future.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 244