Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299678 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session Sun Oct 24) (always recruiting)
« Reply #270 on: October 20, 2010, 06:25:17 pm »

Overland travel, and it fits the setting of airborne islands really well.

Plus for that one time when we desperately need to get the vital MacGuffin to Mr Wizard McGuffin very quickly and at any cost.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 20, 2010, 09:59:52 pm »

Joining as a gnome wizzord.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 20, 2010, 11:14:41 pm »

Overland travel, and it fits the setting of airborne islands really well.

Plus for that one time when we desperately need to get the vital MacGuffin to Mr Wizard McGuffin very quickly and at any cost.

Ehhh... oh, fine, but just to make sure you don't go "completely immune to all ground melee at level 5" on us, I'm placing the restriction that making attack rolls, casting spells, or initiating maneuvers whilst airborne causes you to fall instantly. And you land prone. This restriction is lifted when you reach the improved flight at level 10. Considering that you are going to be using a melee build, this should be like a slap on the wrist with a particularly soft balloon...

Joining as a gnome wizzord.

Excellent. Because no team can have a high enough caster-to-melee ratio, amirite fellas?

Also, Firefox seems to have forgotten the word "melee", it keeps underlining it with a red squiggle, and I think I'm spelling it right, I don't recall it ever doing this before...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 21, 2010, 12:01:16 am »

Flight at level 10 isn't really all that spectacular, the quickest you can get wings via classes is level 17 using favored soul and other methods but they have a 60 ft. (better) movement speed. Flying in combat may get you impaled by spears, draw the attention of bowmen, or become targets of magic spells, so flying has no real useful uses in combat unless you want to become an oversized pin cushion.

So in short, don't nerf the flyer, just cripple him if he tries. If you jump out and make yourself obvious you will be attacked by your enemies. It just makes sense.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 21, 2010, 07:58:34 am »

Flight at level 10 isn't really all that spectacular, the quickest you can get wings via classes is level 17 using favored soul and other methods but they have a 60 ft. (better) movement speed.
Not true. If you take any Outsider bloodlines, you can take the Outsider Wings feat, which grants you wings with 120' movement, good maneuverability.

Excellent. Because no team can have a high enough caster-to-melee ratio, amirite fellas?
My character's about 1:1, so don't blame me.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 21, 2010, 09:53:10 am »

Hoookay, indeed. Rerolled as a human fighter.
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 21, 2010, 09:57:40 am »

I think he meant that there are never enough casters in the party. -_- Feel free to roll up a wizard instead of a fighter if you still want to be a wizard.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 21, 2010, 09:59:24 am »

Also, Firefox seems to have forgotten the word "melee", it keeps underlining it with a red squiggle, and I think I'm spelling it right, I don't recall it ever doing this before...

I think it's supposed to have an accent marked character. The first "e"? Surprised it doesn't autocorrect.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 21, 2010, 09:59:28 am »

No, I believe that was sarcasm... Iunno, maybe maybe. 80% of casters in a party is a bit too much.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 21, 2010, 10:07:34 am »

I never noticed that most the PCs were spellcasters, I should really pay attention. All other campaigns that I played in the past were always melee intensive, with one healer or wizard as an afterthought.

Also melee is showing up as a valid word on my Firefox, just add it as a word if it keeps that up.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 21, 2010, 11:02:12 am »

No, I believe that was sarcasm... Iunno, maybe maybe. 80% of casters in a party is a bit too much.

I was being sarcastic. If you want to play a wizard, then play a wizard, and let John and Maelrigar do the meatsheild-y thing.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 21, 2010, 12:19:58 pm »

I was being sarcastic. If you want to play a wizard, then play a wizard, and let John and Maelrigar do the meatsheild-y thing.

Actually, I was hoping to just drop John and just go for Dr. Moon instead, which is a stealth ranged fighting build. But don't let that stop you from your free choice of character.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 21, 2010, 01:25:37 pm »

Actually, I was hoping to just drop John and just go for Dr. Moon instead, which is a stealth ranged fighting build. But don't let that stop you from your free choice of character.

Oh right, derp. I'd forgotten you were switching d00dz. By the way, do you have a token?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 21, 2010, 03:40:35 pm »

I do but I can't find of how to post it, I tried to use the image file path on my computer but the preview showed nothing. Any ideas?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 21, 2010, 09:01:06 pm »

I do but I can't find of how to post it, I tried to use the image file path on my computer but the preview showed nothing. Any ideas?

You can't just display pictures on your computer, you have to upload it to the internet and then use the URL to display it... weird, I know, but that's how it goes. I personally use tinypic.org...

Option 2 is to e-mail it to me.

Option 3 is to download tokentool and make it into a pog yourself... it'd kinda be a waste since you're only like to use it once...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 244