Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299700 times)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session next weekend) (always recruiting)
« Reply #240 on: October 16, 2010, 07:49:29 pm »

I had cut off the last digit of the link. >_>;

Also, before anyone asks, I ran the class I'll be using by the DM, and it's all cool using restrictions he's placed on it. That may have been assumed, but I realised i didn't mention it anywhere, so.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 16, 2010, 07:56:58 pm »

Fascinating, although I am kind of surprised that you don't have more strength, I would have thought that you would be using it for most of your attacks...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 16, 2010, 08:20:19 pm »

I have certain disadvantages at the moment that will be outweighed in time. I have a couple more disadvantages that will never be outweighed, but that I can live with. This isn't my first West Marches-style game, and I've found that playstyle matters a whole lot more in terms of survivability than builds do. This character (yes, a lawful neutral rogue) outlived many of her comrades even though she was never on the forefront of damage output. One of the few who managed to retire rather than die before the game petered out. Good times.

Hehehe, good times.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 08:29:11 pm by Willfor »
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 16, 2010, 08:53:15 pm »

Good news, everyone!

I'm not sure if it's because of midterm week or because my boss is miffed at me for handing in my two weeks' notice, but I don't work next weekend. Game is to be on Saturday, roughly 7:00 PM GMT.

Also, I'll take a more in-depth look at Willfor's character sheet sometime in the next few hours.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session Sat Oct 23) (always recruiting)
« Reply #244 on: October 17, 2010, 12:11:43 am »

A Wyvern? Sounds quirky enough to work!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 17, 2010, 01:43:09 am »

Here is my character sheet, all it lacks is the final touches to the inventory, which I will fix in the morning.

The inventory and backstory is complete, just tell me if I forgot something.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 09:06:57 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 17, 2010, 06:14:04 pm »

I'm going to have to withdraw. Is that all right?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 17, 2010, 07:30:09 pm »

Dunno how I'd be able to stop you, frankly. However, I must compulsively ask why.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 17, 2010, 07:34:05 pm »

Sorry for posting at an inconvenient moment but I won't be able to make it to the Saturday session. It's my dad's B-day, and I work so I have no time on Saturday. Also, will there ever be communitive experience, because I seem to be having bad luck with scheduling lately.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 17, 2010, 08:46:15 pm »

Dunno how I'd be able to stop you, frankly. However, I must compulsively ask why.

Well, I won't in all likelyhood be around for 90% of the sessions. Thus, my contributions would be effectivly nil.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 17, 2010, 09:08:17 pm »

Then there is no real need to quit, just show up when you can. I mean I missed a session and I will miss another this weekend, if your free during a session then show up. If a communitive experience system (like current lowest level minus 500exp or something) is put in place, then there is no problem.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 17, 2010, 09:25:36 pm »

Well, I won't in all likelyhood be around for 90% of the sessions. Thus, my contributions would be effectivly nil.
This kind of game was designed for people who can't make it to every session. The last one I played in I didn't play a single session for six months while a few of the members managed to run weekly sessions. By the time I could get into a session I was a little less powered than others, but I could still contribute. Though a lot of that was because people died a lot in that one, and had to start over from scratch. >_>'

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 18, 2010, 10:41:31 am »

Randress. It's a bit of a work in progress as I need to figure out what to get equipment-wise. Everything has to be custom made for her, and that will drive the costs up. (at least, that's what I assume. Damn mercantilism.)

Dunno why you only have 90 gp, but other than that it looks okay...
Fascinating, although I am kind of surprised that you don't have more strength, I would have thought that you would be using it for most of your attacks...

His (homebrew, via GitP) race has a few racial levels that he's going to take before he goes for class levels. He's gonna be getting a couple points to his physical scores over the next few levels.

Here is my character sheet, all it lacks is the final touches to the inventory, which I will fix in the morning.

The inventory and backstory is complete, just tell me if I forgot something.

You seem to have 3 feats... you get one at level 1, and one for your flaw, where does the third one come from? Also, what are Silent Shoes, and what book are they from?

... will there ever be communitive experience, because I seem to be having bad luck with scheduling lately.

See the OP. If you miss a bunch of sessions and are falling behind, I'll give you a boost of some kind so you can catch up. Probably an experience boost, possibly a small equipment upgrade if it happens at extremely low levels. Although, I don't intend to have to catch anyone up until someone hits level 4 or so. Usually, one of the biggest improvements to your character when you hit level 2 is that your hitpoints almost double; with the Heroic Durability feat, a level 1 character can still make a meaningful (if below average) contribution to encounters, and should level up quite quickly because the group is fighting tougher enemies.

Also, I'm considering changing the session from Saturday to Sunday. Who among you could make it to a game at 9 PM GMT Sunday, but could not make it to a session at 7 PM GMT Saturday?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 10:44:42 am by shoruke »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 18, 2010, 04:30:47 pm »

I thought it was one for each trait, changing that now.
Silent Shoes are in the Arms and Equipment manual. It sells for 10g and gives a +1 to Move Silently.

P.S. I will be about 1-1 and a half hours late for Sunday, how long should this session be?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 04:34:12 pm by The Fool »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 18, 2010, 05:27:47 pm »

Is there a slot for me in this game? Sundays are fine for me.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 244