Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299728 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session this weekend) (always recruiting)
« Reply #225 on: October 11, 2010, 01:18:59 am »

"I once read a story about a holy knight's quest. They had performed various tasks for their church and won some renown. So they were chosen to seek out a particularly powerful magical object. They set of alone, as was apparently their custom, and were not seen again for some weeks.
 When they returned they attacked their temple, striking wildly at anyone they encountered and hurling fire towards the library. After an extended battle they were surrounded and subdued. Apparently when they were no longer able to fight they unleashed a terrible howl, which struck those around them with a sense of dread. In the confusion they were apparently stabbed, fatally, though none claimed to have done so.
 A priest was sent to follow the knight's path and determine what had befallen them. Regular messages were received reporting progress along the knight's trail and accounts of their activities. The reports ended upon the revelation that the target of the knight's quest supposedly dwelt in a remote cave. The priest was not seen again until they were sighted, deep at night, amidst the burning remains of the temple's documents on magical artefacts. At this point they are reported to have leapt into the fire and perished.
 A powerful band was then assembled to end the threat and dispatched to the reported site of the cave. The records suggested that the band faced some form of terrible guardian that possessed no form but was an expert warrior. The story goes that the cave was incinerated and burned for hours. Investigations after the fires perished reported the loss of any treasures held within and that the guardian was nowhere to be found. The account ended there, it would seem that they never discovered what became of the ghostly guardian..."
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 11, 2010, 08:06:56 am »

Whew, and I thought the pun barrage had slain the ghost stories.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 11, 2010, 12:56:48 pm »

Smaller version that actually looks like a map. I request two things: be permitted to watch the games, and someone to draw more of the mspaint map for me to continue to fill this in.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 11, 2010, 06:50:29 pm »

I Don't see any reason that you wouldn't be welcome to watch the game and I don't expect us to leave the visible area of the map for a good while, although... Does anyone know where the tomb is?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 12, 2010, 11:56:33 am »

Quote from: Fine, have a ghost story.
"My favorite encounter with the cowardly dead was once on an expedition to the mountain that my people's river flows from. The cowards there used to be humans, but they hung around to feed off of the minds of any who would enter the mountain passes. We got sick of them, so a few of my clan-brothers went with the tribe's shaman to teach them a lesson. The shaman cast some spells that let us hit the ghosts with our swords, and we knocked them right out of their boots. Some of them were so scared that they ran to cry to their transparents. We chased them, and they tried to tell us some phony boo-logna story about how they were nice ghosts that only ate booberries, not minds. Us orcs are clever though, so we saw right through their stories. The ghosts all met up in some sort of a huddle, and then their spooksperson came up to tell us that, if we left them alone, they would all be gone by the next moaning. Once we were friendly, we all sang some soul tunes until the sun rose, and then they all evaporated."

Feel free to try again though
Can this replace my journal? It's more in-character than I could manage with a third of a session's worth of journal.

Fair enough. Heh.

Smaller version that actually looks like a map. I request two things: be permitted to watch the games, and someone to draw more of the mspaint map for me to continue to fill this in.

Of course you can watch. Also, I'll be putting more crappy MS Paint pictures of the world map on these forums as the group discovers things. Also, your map is awesome.

Lastly... I apparently work both days this weekend, which generally leaves me tired and stressed and doesn't leave us a whole heck of a lot of time to have a session. Plus, I have midterms next week, one on Monday and two on Tuesday, so playing on Sunday night would just be... a bad idea. So unfortunately, there is not to be a session this week. I apologize, and submit that in my defence, at least I didn't cancel at the very last minute. The good news for you guys is that I'll probably be handing in my two weeks' notice soon because management at my work has the mental scores of a lemming and the Pointy-Haired Boss' moral code, so after that I'll be able to host games on pretty much every weekend!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:12:16 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session next weekend) (always recruiting)
« Reply #230 on: October 12, 2010, 05:35:54 pm »

My condolences.
Read the First Post!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 14, 2010, 10:27:13 am »

I repaired my overheating problem on my computer and can join in again. When exactly is the next session if it isn't this week?

P.S. Can I swap characters, if post a new one? I was hoping for a 'slightly' more insane character (Half-drow is bound to be interesting). I will get around to posting a picture at some point.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 10:08:13 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 16, 2010, 12:04:11 am »

Sure, you can swap characters, but your experience and loot are not commutative... your new guy will start with 0 exp and the standard 100 gold. And if you try to give John's stuff to a teammate for the teammate to give to your new guy, I will call shenanigans at you and blow your munchkining butt away with lightning bolts.

As for session time... I don't know yet. I work tomorrow, I'll probably find out my next week's schedule then.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 16, 2010, 03:03:10 am »

Are these lightning bolts level-appropriate? I mean, a 2d6 lightning bolt would be a stern warning to a 1st level character, but a 20d100 lightning bolt would be a minor nuisance to a level 100 raging barbarian. Not to mention that a plot-powered lightning bolt would be useless against a plot critical character...
Read the First Post!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 16, 2010, 08:10:58 am »

I have this sudden, strange urge to buy electricity resistant armour.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 16, 2010, 10:45:32 am »

Alright, since I will be making a new character here are the tropes that it resembles.

I'll make a character sheet and post it in a day or two.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 16, 2010, 02:10:14 pm »

I can't recall any way to make flesh golems that doesn't involve taking the craft golem feat...
Read the First Post!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 16, 2010, 05:58:44 pm »

Where did this come from? Also, I think that is why it is feat unto itself. I mean have you seen of what a golem can do? Bring a flesh golem into a room full of wizards and that immunity to magic might just kill them all single-handedly.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 16, 2010, 07:31:12 pm »

Randress. It's a bit of a work in progress as I need to figure out what to get equipment-wise. Everything has to be custom made for her, and that will drive the costs up. (at least, that's what I assume. Damn mercantilism.)

« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 07:48:19 pm by Willfor »
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 16, 2010, 07:44:48 pm »

Your character sheet doesn't appear to exist.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 244