Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299748 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session Saturday Oct 9) (always recruiting)
« Reply #210 on: October 10, 2010, 12:08:05 am »

Quote from: Eavor
Well another day, another chance to reflect upon what has happened, and today that is not the best news, there were so many undead in there that where it not for that bookish priest, i doubt at least I would have gotten out alive. These skeletal Creatures are almost impossible to injure with a bow, and still hard with most conventional weapons, consequently i spent more time assuming my more bestial side than i am normally comfortable with. This new wizzard was quite inept in the ways of combat, but nevertheless she charged in repeadedly even after recieving blows that would have been telling were it not for my help. My other companions did much better, and I was much chastened when I needed to run to them for aid, stil, even then, we needed to flee before long, and that is the condition as it stands. Foul undead in the tomb, and us having fled from it, were i one of those moronic civilised knights i whould have chocked on my so-called honour, instead the events are running through my head, asking myself what i could have done differently.  Well it is too late for much more than musing, I have exhausted mysel mentaly, physically and magicaly, rest is what i require, have a good night my friend, tomorrow we have much to do.
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 10, 2010, 12:26:00 am »

Maelrigar seems to be pretty awesome for being level one. I just hope that he remains suitably good at later levels.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 10, 2010, 01:38:33 am »

For some reason I find myself trying to imagine a heavily-armoured knight using honour as a chock, and finding the concept immeasurably amusing...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 10, 2010, 04:56:17 am »

Eavor didn't do a bad job, up until the point he lost all his HP.

Alrad would've done great without the -5 damage soaking :/.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 10, 2010, 05:00:22 am »

-except Shonus, who is not receiving my +10% on all experience because he wasn't there for so much of it; he gets 480. Also you nearly got killed.

Sorry about that. I don't know why my connection was acting like that. Also, I'm scheduling a Mercenaries game for Friday, so let me know if that conflicts.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 10, 2010, 05:54:00 am »

[h:"***Critical hit damage***"]
I almost can't believe that I wrote such a train-wreck of a macro that I am actually finding the gratuitous comments useful...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 10, 2010, 07:26:29 pm »

So what was the CR 8 creature?

And when is the next session?

The ghosts (sorry I said CR 6 before, that was a typo or a miscalculation or some such mistake). Also, next session is... oh right they changed my schedule for the week today (the law says they're not supposed to do that, I should really call them out for it). Anyway, next session is probably going to be sometime during the weekend, because that seems to be the time when people have the least stuff to do.

P.S.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

P.P.S.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The problem I was having with the lighting wasn't peoples' view distances, it was the fact that the object-layer light sources I had scattered around the place weren't illuminating Fog of War OR revealing tokens. With FoW on and vision set to Night, you should have all been able to see the grass, a short way into the tomb, plus a whole bunch of sarcophagi around the walls which were illuminated by candles. Or rather, torches, but they were dusty and thus only gave off the light of a candle...

Also, why do the DM and PC notes need to be macro pointers? And what would the macro[0-9] fields be for?

Eavor didn't do a bad job, up until the point he lost all his HP.

Alrad would've done great without the -5 damage soaking :/.

Eavor did extremely well for a lvl 1 PC, tanking against several skeletons, almost on his own. And yeah, Alrad's rolls were generally high. The RNG favors the persistent, evidently.

I'm scheduling a Mercenaries game for Friday, so let me know if that conflicts.

It won't; I'll run this game on the weekend. I think I work Friday anyway, and a day of "school then work then DM" sounds... stressful. And thank you for the announcement, good communication is how we avoid scheduling conflicts and nuclear wars.

Alrad, Mysteller, and Eavor receive 100 exp for journal entries. Maelrigar, I'm sorry, but that's just too short, and isn't character-building at all... it's basically sentence-form jot notes. The journals award roleplaying experience for roleplaying, not for submitting your homework. Feel free to try again though (again, this isn't homework  :P). Corina's journal (or narrative, or whatever) can still be submitted for 100 exp as well.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session this weekend) (always recruiting)
« Reply #217 on: October 10, 2010, 07:37:43 pm »

Ooh, Eavor's on the very brink of levelling up!  Quick, find a rabbit to kill!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 10, 2010, 07:59:21 pm »

Hmmm, 988 XP, are you sure you remembered that Skeleton that was killed after we decided to run away? Maybe we get xp for Finding that magical trap, even if it doesn't work on the living... Erm... We defeated that bush!

OOOOH! I know! Roleplaying XP! Quick everyone! Campfire scene!

The party escaped from the tombs and made camp when it became clear that the skeletons would not follow. While the healers spent the last of their magics on treating the injuries accrued over the course of the day, food was prepared and some rudimentary defences were laid out around the camp. As the fire burned into the night, with the group clustered around preparing various violent and arcane instruments, the question was inevitable...
"If we are to be prepared to fight ghosts, we should share what we have heard of them..."

P.S.
 The notes would be pointers for macros that display information such as weapon expertise, power attack, or rage. It would be useful to be able to reference them from macros so that such information could be updated automatically.

Macro0..9 would be for whatever someone came up with. So that you can store information for persistent effects like power attack or buff spells without needing to anticipate everything someone may wish to maintain a record of.
Read the First Post!

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 10, 2010, 08:05:27 pm »

God dammit. I'm really lagging behind in exp.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 10, 2010, 08:51:54 pm »

I don't mind, I came in near enough to the end that I'm lucky I got full experience for the fight.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 10, 2010, 08:53:54 pm »

"i do not know much about things like those skeletons, except that they have no intelligence of thier own, however i know that ghosts are the spirits of deceased that are kept in the world by either foul magic or some unfinished buisness on this world."

I'm justifying knowing about ghosts because the definition of spirit for spirit shaman is (other than spiritual creatures from oriental adventures) incorporial undead and fey.
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 10, 2010, 09:00:00 pm »

"Ghosts are dead people who are too cowardly to die."

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 10, 2010, 09:04:10 pm »

Why is it so hard to get adventurers to share ghost stories?
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 10, 2010, 09:51:31 pm »

Quote from: Fine, have a ghost story.
"My favorite encounter with the cowardly dead was once on an expedition to the mountain that my people's river flows from. The cowards there used to be humans, but they hung around to feed off of the minds of any who would enter the mountain passes. We got sick of them, so a few of my clan-brothers went with the tribe's shaman to teach them a lesson. The shaman cast some spells that let us hit the ghosts with our swords, and we knocked them right out of their boots. Some of them were so scared that they ran to cry to their transparents. We chased them, and they tried to tell us some phony boo-logna story about how they were nice ghosts that only ate booberries, not minds. Us orcs are clever though, so we saw right through their stories. The ghosts all met up in some sort of a huddle, and then their spooksperson came up to tell us that, if we left them alone, they would all be gone by the next moaning. Once we were friendly, we all sang some soul tunes until the sun rose, and then they all evaporated."

Feel free to try again though
Can this replace my journal? It's more in-character than I could manage with a third of a session's worth of journal.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 10:20:30 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 244