Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299812 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (recruiting)(first game on... the weekend...?)
« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2010, 07:15:15 am »

The spirit shaman class, spells would aslo be good but i can make to with the players handbook ones

edit: i have a VERY general idea of what my character is going to be like, still need the class to finish it, i dont actualy have the book the race and 2 of the feats came from anymore, but unlike classes they are on crystal keep, just so you know, the alertness feat comes from the spirit guide class feature, which is the only thing i know for certain exactly where is, pretty sure retrieved spells at level 1 are 3 lvl 0 and 1 lvl 1 so il put them in too

Charater so far
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 08:12:02 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2010, 08:11:42 am »

+0BAB +2 fort/will +0 ref spirit guide(alertness feat), wild empathy
(4+int bonus)*4 skill points, d8 hit dice
skills: concentration, craft, diplomacy, handle animal, heal, knowledge(geography, history, local;, nature), listen, profession, ride, spellcraft, spot, survival, swim.
proficencies: club, dagger, dart, hand axe, javelin, lonspear, quarterstaff, shortspear, spear, sling, shiortbow, throwing axe, light armour, shields.

3*level0, 2*level1 spells per day.
3*level 0, 1*level 1 spells retrieved
druid list, saving throws=charisma?, maximum spell level = wisdom
spells known chosen every time spells memorised, applying metamagic feats uses up spells known slots, but don't slow down casting time

Hawkeye grants +5 to spot checks and increases range for 10 minutes, lesser vigour grants fast healing 1 for 11 rounds, and sand... something, deals 1d6 nonlethal damage and stuns for one round if they fail a reflex(half) in a 10foot semicircle, other than that they looked complicated and I doubt that you will be blowing your only 1st level spell known on them, unless you get a day off...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2010, 08:16:55 am »

Thank you ram, finishing character now, and i will assume that dm will change the casting into both wis or both cha (i had assumed it was both wis anyway) i chose my first level spell "known" as goodberry, unless circumstances change, the berries feed you for a day and heal, so imo a good general pourpose spell

edit: character finished linky
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 08:50:14 am by wolfchild »
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2010, 02:55:07 am »

Sorry for the double post,

but,

BUMP!

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2010, 01:12:03 pm »

So, are we using gametable or maptool for this?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2010, 05:06:15 pm »

So how about a really big D&D 3.5 game, you guys?!? Maptools is a good medium, it comes with all sorts of useful features, so we'll use that.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2010, 07:10:04 pm »

So how about a really big D&D 3.5 game, you guys?!? Maptools is a good medium, it comes with all sorts of useful features, so we'll use that.

My bad for missing that. Thank you

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2010, 09:00:43 am »

Anyways since I didn't look back to see if anyone updates the first page, here are the tropes for my character for anyone interested.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2010, 10:46:23 am »

Anyways since I didn't look back to see if anyone updates the first page, here are the tropes for my character for anyone interested.

Sounds like a variation of the "powder keg of justice" paladin

Okay, so who will be playing at what times? If we could get a list of participants and their classes, we can figure out strategy and what supplies we need.

I can make:

Sunday 1:30 AM

Thursday 1 AM

Both sessions I will be using a Bard

Additionally, if there are going to be multiple parties consisting of diferent players, then we should all consider pooling some money together to acquire or build some sort of stronghold to serve as a kind of HQ and serve as a gathering place for all of the characters.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 01:53:29 pm by moghopper »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2010, 02:05:52 pm »

Thank you ram, finishing character now, and i will assume that dm will change the casting into both wis or both cha (i had assumed it was both wis anyway) i chose my first level spell "known" as goodberry, unless circumstances change, the berries feed you for a day and heal, so imo a good general pourpose spell

AFAICT you should have 20 hp, I'll look up the Shifter stuff later and other than that it looks good.

hoo boy. Trying to list all the tropes that apply to a character is hard. If you really, REALLY want I can try to do it some justice.

Okay so, I had a serious wallbanger moment. I had Saturday off work because my friend's mom is remarrying on Saturday, and I'm going to be attending, so Saturday's game probably won't work. ARGLEBARGLE HOW DID I FORGET THAT, sorry guys. However, the Mercenaries game doesn't seem to be going on Sunday, so perhaps we can try to have a game then. It'll be around Monday 1:00 AM GMT, although I'll try to have the server up earlier than that.

I am just giddy with anticipation over the first session, I am having serious trouble not spouting spoilers like crazy, but one of the potential encounters will pit you guys against a CR 6 enemy... that I fully expect you guys to beat, due to deliberate underpowering. Yay for good ol' Dwarf Fortressy fun!
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 01, 2010, 06:17:27 pm »

Aligned water is actually 3 listed spells: unholy, axiomatic, and chaotic. And yes, they deal 2d4 damage to outsiders and that is about it. The main reason I wanted it was because aligned water is a material component to the aligned storms, which are also listed as separate spells, even though they seem to be identical except for the alignments they are most effective against.

Ebon Eyes: good call, I will take it as a level 2 spell, I assume that it does not, also, need to be dropped to 1 round/level, but if I am wrong then that is fine.

Sign: Watch out for the arcane spell, nerveskitter, that is even worse, burning 1st level spells for a major increase in initiative is a big deal.
------
Binding winds: Fair enough, it did need some sort of limit, and shouldn't affect it much. Binding winds just irritates me, in practice it can disable an extremely wide variety of opponents, but it feels like it wastes your actions to make a half-hearted attempt at paralysis.

Close wounds: It doesn't block much damage topping out at 1d4+5, but its ability to interrupt someone's death scene, and the fact that increase healing per turn, pretty much for free. Does make it very powerful for its level.

Living Undeath: wow, it made it, -2 dex is a welcome addition. I won't be surprised if this gets more attention later...
------
Clutch of Orcus: Heh, a Neutral character has to keep their options open. It offers a saving throw and deals damage every round, does that sort of thing happen on the caster's turn or the target's turn? And would someone get 2 saves before the first damage?

Favourable sacrifice: I can work with 10 minute/level...

Sonorous hum: If someone has two Clutches of Orcus running at once then sounding an alarm seems appropriate...

3rd level spells should be plenty, thankyou very much. 7th level and 4th level spells should be a long ways off, unless a dragon chokes to death on one of our corpses...

P.S.
 Oh, sorry, the tropes thing is my fault, I want to add tropes next to peoples characters in my list...

P.P.S.
 Get drunk and embarrass people at the wedding for us, okay?
 Sunday should be fine!
Read the First Post!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 01, 2010, 07:00:39 pm »

AFAICT you should have 20 hp, I'll look up the Shifter stuff later and other than that it looks good.

Actualy I have the frail flaw, so I have 1 less HP per level

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 01, 2010, 07:24:00 pm »

I am just giddy with anticipation over the first session, I am having serious trouble not spouting spoilers like crazy, but one of the potential encounters will pit you guys against a CR 6 enemy... that I fully expect you guys to beat, due to deliberate underpowering. Yay for good ol' Dwarf Fortressy fun!

From which monster manual?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 01, 2010, 08:55:45 pm »

So we using just maptools, or hamachi aswell?

edit: what time again too?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 08:58:44 pm by wolfchild »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2010, 12:24:01 am »

sory for double post but this is on the second page, i have selected some tropes I think apply to Eavor

Proud warrior race guy
Noble Savage
Nature hero
The berserker (While Shifting)
Raised By Wolves
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 244