Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299880 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches and then some (recruiting)
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2010, 02:21:55 pm »

Luposlipophobia was a joke, and I would never take it as a flaw.

DandDWiki is a piece of crap for homebrew flaws/traits (well, homebrew anything), they're all unbalanced and munchkin-y.
Don't worry, I'll be looking elsewhere, too.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2010, 02:56:42 pm »

Ask around on GitP, it's a fairly DM-heavy forum, and they tend to come up with balanced goods.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2010, 04:27:34 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skills readable now.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2010, 04:41:00 pm »

Spoiler: More Flaws (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Another Trait (click to show/hide)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2010, 07:44:03 pm »

Spoiler: I got DND wiki to work (click to show/hide)

Ehhh... no. Flaws are supposed to hamper you more than a similar-themed feat would benefit you, and they are supposed to be context-insensitive, so that they hamper you no matter what class you take or what campaign you're in; hence the lack of "your spells take a -2 to the DC" flaws and "your trip attacks suffer a -6 penalty" flaws. This particular flaw can be bypassed entirely by simply avoiding extremely closed-in spaces, and there are all sorts of ways to pull that off, especially when you've got a cleric with the Travel domain handy.

Oops, I was sure I had linked it. Here are some flaws/traits I was considering.
Spoiler: Flaws (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Traits (click to show/hide)

By my calculations, you should have 21 hp, don't forget your Con modifier... and what's the Fist of Stone spell do?

Also, no to the traits and flaws. If you want to have always-on Detect Magic, invest in a Permanency spell when it is available to you. And, as funny (and possibly relevant) as Luposlipaphobia would be, it's just not context-insensitive enough. To dispel any uncertainty, I can assure you all that I do in fact, possess a sense of humour.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skills readable now.

I concede the possibility that you have some Miscellaneous bonuses going that I'm not noticing, but I think you have too many skill points. Also, you're still going to need a Mythweavers sheet. This is mostly formatting so that I can check it quickly in the middle of a game, if I need to.

Spoiler: More Flaws (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Another Trait (click to show/hide)

No to the flaws... yes to the trait, if you change it so that your darkvision changes to low-light vision.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2010, 08:40:09 pm »

Fist of Stone is from Complete Arcane on page 107. It gives +6 strength and a natural slam attack, but only lasts a minute whereas Bull's Strength lasts 1 minute/level. In addition, Fist of Stone can only be cast on the caster.

Spoiler: Afraid of the Dark (click to show/hide)
It's gonna be dark at least half the time.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2010, 08:42:31 pm »

Fist of Stone is also in the Spell Compendium.

Sheet to Date: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=240451

Skills might shift around a bit, and I changed the Trait to Easygoing (on the SRD), but it's only items left now.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 10:16:05 pm by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2010, 10:19:41 pm »

Conditional flaws are just troublesome, they really should be permanent effects. It might be better as a trait, you are frightened when not within a light effect that would extend at least 30 feet beyond you in every direction, but gain a +2 to saves versus fear when within a light effect that extends at least 40 feet in every direction.

As a flaw it may work if you are forced to carry a light source in one of your hands at all times, and al magic weapons and armour you wear must produce light and be clearly visible at all times. At low levels you would lose a hand slot and at higher levels you would lose the ability to hide...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2010, 11:47:23 pm »

Hi shoruke, I went and made a Human Fighter specializing in over-sized great-axes. I used a feat from the Player Handbook II called Intimidating Strike, I hope this isn't a problem. Tell me if I need to change anything or if the background story makes no sense in the context of the world.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=241528

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2010, 12:12:23 am »

This party is going to end up being an army.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2010, 12:21:21 am »

Actually, having a veritable army of players is a good idea. It'll make it so that if one or two people can't make it to a session, we don't have to cancel (thus wasting everyone's time). Hence the character journals.

Hi shoruke, I went and made a Human Fighter specializing in over-sized great-axes. I used a feat from the Player Handbook II called Intimidating Strike, I hope this isn't a problem. Tell me if I need to change anything or if the background story makes no sense in the context of the world.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=241528

You can only have one flaw (but two traits)... and 15 is a downright weird number of skill points to have at level one, when your skill points basically have to be a multiple of 4. Other than that, it looks fine to me. Monkey Grip should serve you well in this campaign; even better than usual, because I have a Weapon Size Conversion chart.

As for your story, people generally don't live in small communities in this campaign, because there's dangers everywhere that isn't a city or a road... but I suppose the farming has to get done someplace, so it'll work. Also, knitting. Humour for the win.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2010, 12:25:24 am »

It's free-roam (posibly) nation building. We'll need the PCs, just to make sure we've got command of everything.

Though it might get crazy in sessions if all of us are around at once.

FAKEEDIT:

You can only have one flaw (but two traits)...

Where was this said before? I must have missed it. Regardless, Sheet's been fixed. Should have a backstory up later, I've got some free time today.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2010, 01:39:27 am »

only just got access to my books again, doing character now

edit: actualy i still dont have them (electronic) will need to get em from my friend again, start without me or dont have me at all sorry
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 01:41:03 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2010, 05:57:03 am »

Start without you? do we have a start time yet?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2010, 07:46:33 am »

nope but it will liekly take me more than a week to get the books back
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 244