Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299881 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches and then some (recruiting)
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2010, 10:38:08 pm »

Wednesday night doesn't look too good for me right now, too bad.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2010, 11:40:04 pm »

I can see what you are doing with Juggernaut, but ability switching is generally done quite early so that people have the option of saving some attributes. By the time you get it it will either be ignored by people who put effort into strength regardless or make any strength of people who load up on constitution feel like a waste. Consider changing it to add half your constitution bonus as a bonus, or moving it up to one of the first few levels...
Armour mastery seems a bit awkward to me, it seems like a major feature that just ends halfway through. Also, it seems to encourage the use of medium armour at level 4, and mobility at all, while useful for everyone, seems a bit odd on a class that doesn't have tumble as a class skill. I would change it to allow running in heavy armour as though it were light, and then allow move speed in all armour as though it were light, and then maybe reduce armour check penalties.
I really don't know why it would learn survival either...
Spoiler: original class (click to show/hide)

P.S.
 I am having a really difficult time choosing domains. A am certain that I want Travel for survival as a class skill, although if we are getting a ranger I may not take track... I really want animal for summon nature's ally, also the various nature-based spells could be a real boon if we are working in the wilderness. Weather/Windstorm would provide much needed artillery spells and give me a very appropriate ability to ignore many of the effects of inclement weather. While the Water domain adds many turning attempts, some very nice high-level fire-power, and is basically awesome...
 I am leaning towards ?Travel/Animal, though I will regret it no matter what I do...

P.S.P.S.
 I have started my character sheet, only really have the abilities in so far, but any advice would be appreciated. I am kicking myself over the low wisdom but just can't see anything I am willing to sacrifice, and considering that I expect to turn undead at some point my charisma is just abysmal... My racial adjustments are -2 str and con, +2 dex and int. Maybe I should bite the bullet and take an age category...
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=240775
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2010, 07:12:33 am »

My Character (I went with a Bard)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2010, 12:35:58 pm »

@ RAM: You don't actually start with 999.9 repeated exp, and where are you getting +2 misc. bonus to Initiative? Other than that, I don't see any glaring problems, especially seeing as you don't seem to be done yet, based on your comments.

@ moghopper: I honestly don't know how you figure you can have stats that high with 32 point-buy... Hell, those stats would be hard to believe if we were rolling 5d6 and keeping the best 3. For a while I thought you didn't know that the attributes have a cost gradient (once you hit 14 in an attribute, it starts to costs more points per increment to keep raising it), but even then, you'd still be at 38 point-buy. Try using this widgit here to calculate what level of point-buy you're using.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2010, 02:10:58 pm »

I think he just point bought starting with 9 instead of 8, granting him a net bonus of 6 points over all of us.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2010, 04:17:06 pm »

The +2 initiative is from the aggressive trait, which grants +2 initiative for -1 armour class. I need to come up with a background, and I still a boatload of regrets about things, but the character is basically functional at this point...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2010, 07:55:50 pm »

Point Buy? Shit. I was rolling for the stats. My apologies

My Proper character:

Sorry about the mix up
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 08:41:24 pm by moghopper »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2010, 02:32:26 am »

What about the flaw Claustrophobia?

Here is my current character sheet. Maelrigar Desraktu, Water Orc Sorcerer. He wields a scimitar at the moment, but later I'm hoping to get some better medium armor as well as a buckler for his other arm. He can probably tear most of the party in half with his bare hands, but also has spells. (Unfinished list.) I took the Battle Caster feat from Complete Arcane to allow for Medium armor with no penalties, so I should be set once I find some mithril full plate or something like that.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2010, 07:30:31 am »

Sorcerers aren't eligible for Battle Caster unless you've somehow tricked Shoruke into thinking that they have armored mage.

It wouldn't matter anyway, It's not like you can buy medium armor on 90gp.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 07:37:54 am by Robocorn »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2010, 10:38:07 am »

There's a sorcerer ACF on the SRD, they lose one spell per level per day and gain the ability to cast in light armour.

And Scale Mail is only 50gp.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2010, 11:18:31 am »

After some deliberation, I'm actually going to play a Human Beguiler. And apologies fore the double post.

The class itself is in the PHB2, and if you go according to the Tier System, falls around Tier 3. It's basically an illusion/enchantment version of the Dread Necromancer, minus the zombie minions.

I'd also like to ask for approval to use the Fey Heritage feats in Complete Mage (Page 43) as they fit the theme that I'm going for with this character.

So far, I've taken two Flaws (Frail and Inattentive) and a Trait (Absent Minded), all are on the SRD in their respective categories.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2010, 12:11:01 pm »

The +2 initiative is from the aggressive trait, which grants +2 initiative for -1 armour class. I need to come up with a background, and I still a boatload of regrets about things, but the character is basically functional at this point...

Ah. Carry on then.

Point Buy? Shit. I was rolling for the stats. My apologies

My Proper character:

Sorry about the mix up

Much better, now if only I could read the skills in that format...

Here is my current character sheet. Maelrigar Desraktu, Water Orc Sorcerer. He wields a scimitar at the moment, but later I'm hoping to get some better medium armor as well as a buckler for his other arm. He can probably tear most of the party in half with his bare hands, but also has spells. (Unfinished list.) I took the Battle Caster feat from Complete Arcane to allow for Medium armor with no penalties, so I should be set once I find some mithril full plate or something like that.

I think the DandDWiki site is down or something, I can't get to the page with the flaw. You'll have to describe it for me, or provide a different link.
Also, that's a character concept, not a character sheet... but it looks fine to me. A sorcerer in medium armor? Sounds like fun.

After some deliberation, I'm actually going to play a Human Beguiler. And apologies fore the double post.

The class itself is in the PHB2, and if you go according to the Tier System, falls around Tier 3. It's basically an illusion/enchantment version of the Dread Necromancer, minus the zombie minions.

I'd also like to ask for approval to use the Fey Heritage feats in Complete Mage (Page 43) as they fit the theme that I'm going for with this character.

So far, I've taken two Flaws (Frail and Inattentive) and a Trait (Absent Minded), all are on the SRD in their respective categories.

(The only thing keeping Beguilers from being Mary Sues is their small spell list, I swear to god)
Beguilers the Fey Heritage feats, and the trait/flaws look fine to me.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2010, 12:53:59 pm »

I think the DandDWiki site is down or something, I can't get to the page with the flaw. You'll have to describe it for me, or provide a different link.
Also, that's a character concept, not a character sheet... but it looks fine to me. A sorcerer in medium armor? Sounds like fun.
Spoiler: I got DND wiki to work (click to show/hide)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2010, 01:40:01 pm »

Sorcerers aren't eligible for Battle Caster unless you've somehow tricked Shoruke into thinking that they have armored mage.

It wouldn't matter anyway, It's not like you can buy medium armor on 90gp.
Battle Sorcerers have the ability to use Light Armor freely like a bard. Scale mail is 50 gp.

Oops, I was sure I had linked it. Here are some flaws/traits I was considering.
Spoiler: Flaws (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Traits (click to show/hide)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2010, 01:55:50 pm »

...I don't think that second Flaw or either Trait will be allowed. DandDWiki is a piece of crap for homebrew flaws/traits (well, homebrew anything), they're all unbalanced and munchkin-y.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 244