Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300147 times)

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #975 on: February 13, 2011, 07:03:41 pm »

Official notice: There's a good chance there won't be a session this Saturday, on account of my possibly being 650 km away from home to visit my last living grandparent, who is likely to die in the next few months.

On the brighter side of things, I thought the session went rather well... except that the group went to the ruins before they had a reason to... oh well, it worked out, you guys got some cheap loot.

Well our current goal was to map the desert, and the closest city was of the mages which is where we are heading. We just stopped on our way there to see what was in the ruins.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: February 13, 2011, 08:22:41 pm »

@Araph: Don't worry about it, I'm on my third character for this one campaign. I had a good character idea for the second character but then quickly realized that he would actually have no reason not to kill everyone in the group on behalf of Nerull. Isn't roleplaying fun? Also we had a distinct lack of frontliners that weren't greatsword-wielding sorcerer tanks so I changed character types.

In short, if you want a different playstyle then go for it. We won't stop you, especially this early in your characters levels.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: February 13, 2011, 09:37:24 pm »

Yeah, changing of characters is frowned upon, but I'm not going to disallow it or anything. My first every D&D character died quite early on in his career (what with him having only 6 con, getting turned into a half-tree which is weak against fire, and then getting shot by an undodgeable fire ray through a pillar)...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: February 13, 2011, 09:41:27 pm »

Wow. Your DM hated you.

:)

(Did you get my PM?)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 09:50:16 pm by Kogan Loloklam »
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: February 13, 2011, 09:54:46 pm »

One possible build for Araph, I tried to stick to the SRD...:
Race: Earth Dwarf(strength and double stability) or Dwarf(This will do if the D.M. doesn't like Earth dwarf)
Abilities: Strength:19 18, Dexterity 13 14, Constitution 16, Intelligence 14, wisdom 8, charisma 7 6.
Alignment: Lawful Good
Level:
1: Fighter1, Heroic durability, exotic weapon proficiency(spiked chain), Combat Expertise, Flaw(Poor reflexes), Toughness.
2: Fighter2, Combat Reflexes.
3: Sorcerer1, Pet rat, Spells(Resistance, detect magic, light, Arcane mark, Prestidigitation. True Strike, Enlarge Person((or shield)), Featherfall((or shield)).), Knowledge(arcana) 4, Improved Trip.
4: Fighter3, Knowledge(arcana) 6.
5: Fighter4, Improved Disarm, Knowledge(arcana) 8.
6: Gold Dragon Disciple1, Dodge.
7: Gold Dragon Disciple2.
8: Gold Dragon Disciple3.
9: Gold Dragon Disciple4, Mobility.
10: Gold Dragon Disciple5.
11: Gold Dragon Disciple6.
12: Gold Dragon Disciple7, Spring Attack.
13: Gold Dragon Disciple8.
14: Gold Dragon Disciple9.
15: Gold Dragon Disciple10, Endurance.
16: Dwarven Defender1.
17: Dwarven Defender2.
18: Dwarven defender3, Whirlwind attack.
19: Dwarven Defender4.
20: Dwarven Defender5.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: February 13, 2011, 10:14:02 pm »

You know that for spells, you need the main stat (Cha for sorcerers) to be at least 10+level, right?

Edit: Once we hit level 9, I can do venom collections for Nael. And how do we have 0 dwarves, who have that nice bonus against poisons?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:36:48 pm by RedWarrior0 »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: February 13, 2011, 10:51:40 pm »

Did you get my PM?

Yeah. I haven't answered about it yet, because frankly, having a deer-person walking around would be SERIOUSLY RANDOM.
Rule of Fun it is... you can join as a deer person. Sacrificing your human skill points and feat for +2 to some skills doesn't seem like it'll break the game; in fact, I'm considering (emphasis: haven't made up my mind yet) letting you use your antlers as a secondary natural weapon during a full attack.
Note that you will draw lots of weird looks with your antlers.

Problem with your sheet, though: your wisdom is 6. And without seeing a full stat block of a deer-person that includes -2 wis, I can't give your sheet an okay, because I don't allow the "selling" of attributes below 8.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:54:27 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 13, 2011, 11:21:47 pm »

Fixed.

And sure, he could use them... except... :)
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: February 13, 2011, 11:28:34 pm »

Based on the Rhinoceros entry's (MM p.278) description, a gore attack (can be antlers) deals 2d6 damage for a large herbivore with similar size and natural weapons. Drop a size category and a new horn type and you have antlers that deals 1d8 damage. Please note this does not have to be a full-attack to use as far as I can tell. Hope that helps.

Nice to have stats for them even if you don't use them.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: February 14, 2011, 12:05:00 am »

Thanks for giving me a bit of leeway on changing characters. Like I said, I'm really new at DnD. I'm thinking about a halfling sorcerer/rogue combo. I'd start as a rogue, but take levels of sorcerer later on as my character becomes more powerful. Then, after that, I'd take the Arcane Trickster prestige class. So it's sorta like the character I started with, only slightly better thought through and far more preferable in my mind.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: February 14, 2011, 12:27:38 am »

Sorcerer requires one more level to qualify for arcane trickster and the intelligence you need for wizard is useful for rogue skills, while charisma doesn't generally do as much for rogues. It is still a valid choice though, I don't really use sorcerers so I am a poor judge of their merits. Not trying to disuade you, just bringing up some thoughts.

On the topic of charisma for spellcasting in my posted build, firstly, yes, I completely forgot about that. But it should be able to cast spells if is has a suitably potent charisma item and spellcasting is not of primary concern, just so long as it has enough theoretical spellcasting potential to qualify for the dragon disciple class...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: February 14, 2011, 07:53:10 am »

From the journal of Corina Chillblood

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: February 14, 2011, 02:39:17 pm »

Here's the uncompleted character sheet; I'm a bit confused about a few things:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=275561

I'm not sure whether I'm putting the racial ability modifiers in right, because whenever I do put them in Mythweavers doesn't count them. Also, what do I do about items? Would I just choose any items I want and subtract there value from my starting gold?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session on Friday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #988 on: February 14, 2011, 04:16:54 pm »

RAM already gave a very good example of how to do the point-buy thing. Instead of hitting a dead horse with my biggerstick, I'll just quote it.

As for items, my policy is to give you two options: you may either transfer all of your current character's stuff over to the new guy, or you can use the starting gold in the OP (currently 600 gp) and buy everything.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: February 14, 2011, 05:10:58 pm »

Oh, ok. I see what I messed up with there. Thanks!

I think the character sheet is finished. Except for the name. Hmm.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:22:44 pm by Araph »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 244