Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300039 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (no session this week) (always recruiting)
« Reply #810 on: January 23, 2011, 02:55:02 pm »

Is it too late for me to change my Combat Casting feat? If not, that's okay, since I'm pretty close to level upping again.

Spoiler: Journal (click to show/hide)

((I know the librarian didn't request them, but providing a reason))

And studded is taboo for druids, right? So absolutely nothing of value for me.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 02:59:03 pm by RedWarrior0 »

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 23, 2011, 03:28:34 pm »

Hmm, if it's ok I would like

175 gp
Dust of Dryness
Magnifying Glass

Other than that we can sell the rest for gold and divide it evenly upon our next session?
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 23, 2011, 03:39:16 pm »

Maelrigar could use the gloves for improved dexterity if nobody else needs them, but asides from that the only thing he really needs from that is the crossbow. Sure, he doesn't have the exotic proficiency, but he needs some kind of ranged attack. He's already got a lot of fancy equipment though, so maybe one of the lower level party members can use it more effectively.
There's light crossbows from the equipment.

There was an armor I was going to ask about. I'll ask later, though, when we aren't in a desert.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 23, 2011, 06:18:35 pm »

So... The first magic item that we encounter in the desert is dry sand...

If it were up to me I would probably give the gloves to a caster who likes to use ray spells, or someone who has the weapon finesse feat if there is such a thing, but the strength based melee would be my next choice...

As for monk/rogues, there is the Ascetic Rogue feat from page 106 of the complete adventurer, you could take the rogue class and the feat both at 3rd level. It allows you to continue taking monk and rogue levels and has a couple of side benefits to offset the multiclassing...

I suspect that 90% of the flanking involved my character in some way, although I may have missed something. And while I fully intend to continue summoning, I hope to avoid ever getting that close to a melee again...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 23, 2011, 06:19:03 pm »

Most of Corina's spells need touch attacks. She would benefit greatly from the dex gloves. I'd say give to tanglefoot bags to the monk, as his RTA is already high.

Corina would also like the ceremonial dagger as jewlery, and wants to melt down any unwanted metal items.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 23, 2011, 06:45:11 pm »

Well just finished updating my character to level three. Changed one of my previous feats and now I'm becoming more and more Draconian.

If I can I'll be getting a familiar as well. With three Draconic feats now I'm starting to get some decent power... I'm also liking my new breath weapon, that will be a fun one to rp for the first time.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 23, 2011, 07:13:26 pm »

I think that I will take Ascetic Rogue, it sounds like a specific Monastic Training with perks. Oh, and journal.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Fix'd the journal opening.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 02:46:51 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 23, 2011, 07:39:12 pm »

Oi! Myst only saved you. I healed you to positive HP.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 23, 2011, 07:41:55 pm »

I find it funny that no one mentions Nael pounding spells into the things repeatedly.

I guess you will all have to wait for his new ability, then you will have something to talk about.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 23, 2011, 09:59:48 pm »

In response to the request for a mass healing spell, I know of two vaguely relevant ones:
Stabilise, S.C. 204, 2nd level spell, heals everyone, friend or foe, within 50 feet, for 1 HP. It has its uses, but those do not include significantly improving the party's H.P. relative to their opponents...
Mass lesser vigour, S.C. 229, 3rd level spell, so I can't get it till next level, 1 target/2levels, so it is only 2 people until level 6, and it grants fast healing 1 for 10 rounds +1/level, so it isn't exactly fast, but still a top quality spell that I would like to request access to...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 23, 2011, 10:12:23 pm »

I'll just take a light crossbow, then. Both, if nobody needs the other. I like carrying backup weapons for when we inevitably run into Lord Sunder. Money is nice, too, but I don't know if you guys are splitting that amongst the party or amongst the people who were there.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 28, 2011, 08:42:18 pm »

I think that I will post the party gold total alongside my journal. Also, I have no work next Saturday and can definitely make it to the next session.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #822 on: January 31, 2011, 11:45:33 am »

Gentle reminder that there *is* a session this Saturday. Much fun is to be had... goddammit not giving spoilers is hard sometimes. But there is loot in your future, ohhh yesss.... GOOD loot, too. I've recently read the Magic Item Compendium and it has given me some FUN ideas.

Ethan and Van have received their journal experience. Time to go update the OP so I don't fall behind on keeping track of your exp again...

The stabilize spell is mostly fine, but healing spells that require less than a standard action just kinda bug me. To balance it, you can either make it a standard action to cast, or nerf the range to 20' + 5' per caster level.
Mass Lesser Vigour looks fine. It will help in combat without breaking anything, but has excellent healing capacity outside of combat. I approve.

And you guys needn't worry about encountering a sunderspammer anytime soon; I'd only do that to you guys if I thought you were all way ahead of the curve in terms of loot (I am decidedly NOT under this impression currently), and there's a- nevermind, spoilers, dammit. Shutting up now.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 31, 2011, 05:49:57 pm »

No No, keep talking please I was enjoying the conversation!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 31, 2011, 07:59:58 pm »

Yes, nobody who could take the sunder feat would particularly want to, unless they were obsessed with their own weapon and enjoyed watching it smash other weapons or something... But there are some creatures with fun effects on weapons... Is our world mysteriously devoid of rust monsters, babaus, rhemorazs and their ilk?

Stabilise might be pretty good in the hands of one of those healing clerics that took all the healing feats from the splat-books, mix in some spell-shaping effects or use it against undead and it would make a nice, low-level option. But personally, I don't expect to ever cast it myself. Also, I suggest you make it close range, 20+5L > normal at level 7, close range doesn't exceed 50 until level 12...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 244