Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300040 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (no session this week) (always recruiting)
« Reply #795 on: January 23, 2011, 02:00:57 am »

Session is over, had some good fighting in it, Mael was missed...

For profit and profit

I still have a protection from Evil up, and the following spells memorised:

read magic
resistance
create water
detect magic

dDetect secret doors
identify

I sure hope that it was worth it...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 23, 2011, 02:03:23 am »

I have a flare and two guidance spells. Leveled up once, got over halfway for time #2. Left the session at the end of the first fight, got back, and first thing was "roll initiative".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 23, 2011, 02:06:40 am »

Aww, and I just got back. Is the party in the middle of a fight, or something?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 23, 2011, 02:08:19 am »

Aww, and I just got back. Is the party in the middle of a fight, or something?
We were. You got ninja'd.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 23, 2011, 02:09:39 am »

From the Journal of Corina Chillblood

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Character sheet has been updated to the end of this session.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 02:12:48 am by Lord Shonus »
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: January 23, 2011, 03:23:17 am »

I must confess that my staff has proved to be a better friend in camp than in battle
I didn't know Corina talked to sticks, but I suppose it might be better than talking to any of the various cults.

they could be useful as penetrators to cause havoc in an enemy's rear areas.
To the out-of-context thread!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 23, 2011, 03:27:59 am »

With the battles over we explored the cavern, discovering an inset with a gem atop it. The thing radiates magic and foreboding, I fear that it is the cause of the troubles. Touching it left me drained, and though I sensed only conjuration from it, its effects seem more necromantic in origin. Conjuration, of course, as I well know, has no shortage of utility, and could easily account for all manner of effects, but the use of it in this way is baffling. It could be summoning forth energy from a negative-aligned plane, or transporting life from its location to elsewhere, and then there are the creatures it brings forth. They do not respond to death as summoned creatures do, and yet they appear to dissolve with time, most unlike a calling effect. Could they be created? Such magics are well beyond even my own knowledge and yet, if it draws upon ambient life energy to call forth an unstable creature formed of extra-planar essences then perhaps... But the creatures are so mundane, could it be forged by wilderness cultists, but they seem to know no more of the device... And why was it left here, some sort of guardian? Were they servants? I will have to try to return with more analytical means.

As I feared, Finni did not recover, this has not been the first death and it will not be the last, I must resolve myself to that and continue my duties.

We have rested for some days now, our wounds were most persistent, but we have resolved to return and undo the curse before the mercenaries arrive. I have prepared many divinations and should be as prepared as I am able to explore the device, I shall have to rely upon the others to guard me.

The peril was far greater than I anticipated, there was an infestation of humanoid brutes, the first band were thugs, the others... Terrible beasts of madness and cunning, I read their minds and saw only battle lust, our injuries are laced with poisons and they did not hesitate to strike an exposed back or injured limb. They did, however, perish, and with fortune we will be able to retire to our vessel with a powerful trinket in our possession...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 23, 2011, 10:38:30 am »

I'll post a journal after work and I have decided to multiclass since we flanked so many times in the last battle. I am now a lawful good monk rogue, hooray for sneak attacks. I should mention that I probably won't be picking locks or disabling traps any time soon though.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:42:39 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 23, 2011, 11:17:04 am »

I'll post a journal after work and I have decided to multiclass since we flanked so many times in the last battle. I am now a lawful good monk rogue, hooray for sneak attacks. I should mention that I probably won't be picking locks or disabling traps any time soon though.
Yeah the flanking in that battle was ridiculous. I warned you about the sneak attacks bro.

I'll post a journal later today.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 23, 2011, 12:45:22 pm »

Spoiler: Story Time (click to show/hide)
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 23, 2011, 01:33:58 pm »

Yesterday, we learned a valuable lesson in GMing, which I will share with you all: "Enemies with high AC, decent saves, and lots of hp, but don't do more than 10 damage at a time, make good, challenging encounters, but they take FOR GODDAMN EVER to kill.

You're aware that multiclassing, or even taking a Prestige Class that doesn't specifically say otherwise, prevents you from ever taking any more monk levels?

Corina, Mystellar, and Nael all receive their journal exp.

Spoiler: loot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 02:03:13 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 23, 2011, 01:43:54 pm »

You're aware that multiclassing, or even taking a Prestige Class that doesn't specifically say otherwise, prevents you from ever taking any more monk levels?

Corina, Mystellar, and Nael all receive their journal exp... standby for loots.
Alternatively, Eberron 57 has the Monastic Training feat:

Pick one class. You may now multiclass in the chosen class and still take levels of Monk.
You may take this feat as your 1st, 2nd, or 6th level Monk feat.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 23, 2011, 01:51:22 pm »

Corina, Mystellar, and Nael all receive their journal exp... standby for loots.

That levels me up to level three.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 23, 2011, 02:21:02 pm »

Loots are posted. As usual for a D&D encounter where the enemies were generated before their loot was, they had a bunch of stuff that it doesn't make sense that they would have, and a bunch of stuff that it doesn't make sense that they weren't using it. (Not wearing the gloves of dex, I mean jeez, even if they had been maxxed out at their max dex bonus to AC (they weren't), they could still have given it to the archers for +1 to ranged attacks... or put it on the frontliners for reflex saves, even...)

Also, the monastic training feat looks mostly fine... but you have to possess the feat before you take a level in another class before you multiclass. I SUPPOSE I could let you use your retraining to trade away one of your earlier feats for it, but... do you have any spare feats to trade away? Combat Reflexes is downright useful, especially when you're paired with casters who keep casting grease, and there's an entire subschool of feats dedicated to Stunning Fist, and the only other feat you're even eligible to trade for it is... Vow of Poverty.

And I'm gonna have to say "no" to Neruz's improved fighters. I mean, you can get a better version of Power Attack, Improved Improved Two-Weapon-Fighting (improved twice; it's better than the normal ITWF), and improved critical... one of them every two levels, in addition to longer, cheaper 5-foot steps, less penalties for wearing armor, bonuses to basically everything in combat, huge stat bonuses, spell resistance, energy resistance, free enhancement bonus on weapons... just, no.

(although, imagine that fighter class with some of my rogue builds... two level dip for IITWF? Shonus' game would crack and break under the strain)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 23, 2011, 02:29:12 pm »

Maelrigar could use the gloves for improved dexterity if nobody else needs them, but asides from that the only thing he really needs from that is the crossbow. Sure, he doesn't have the exotic proficiency, but he needs some kind of ranged attack. He's already got a lot of fancy equipment though, so maybe one of the lower level party members can use it more effectively.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 244