Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299983 times)

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #750 on: January 16, 2011, 02:11:04 am »

Spoiler: Journal (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 02:29:35 am by mission0 »
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session Today) (always recruiting)
« Reply #751 on: January 16, 2011, 02:34:59 am »

If people show up and pull a Maelrigar ("where are we" "what are we doing" "what's going on" "who are these people we're talking to"), then you probably haven't been giving enough detail in your journals.
To be honest, if anybody actually pulls a Maelrigar I'm running for my life. I don't know what I did to this character, but a level three sorcerer should not be able to stab a CR6 Giant Spider to death in three rounds, even with a wizard and cleric also dealing damage. It was a close fight, but... damn.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 16, 2011, 05:29:01 am »

Ugg took some time but I have an Artificer made up, if it passes good. If not I already made the level up adjustments for Nael and I can keep rolling with him.

Edit: Huh just noticed the link was never put in here, just as well. I reread the op and realized that the rules for an Artificer are much stricter than I remembered. So Yeah I will be sticking with Nael.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 11:08:46 pm by mission0 »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 16, 2011, 10:28:06 pm »

Should be able to make it this time.

Also, shoruke said something about Artificers in the OP

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 16, 2011, 11:11:30 pm »

Should be able to make it this time.

Also, shoruke said something about Artificers in the OP

I remember, said it could be a prestige class. Figured I would run this by him as a possible exception. If not I already have the sorcerer at hand leveled up and ready to go.

The main Idea I had for the artificer is that it was one of the citizens of the mining town who decided to join the party.

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 17, 2011, 03:17:00 am »

I was wondering if you guys need a bard? From looking at the OP you seem to be missing one.

my character is very good at dungeon delving, but is fairly weak.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also ever since I played Neverwinter nights, I've been a really bid fan of Red Dragon Disciples, and if ever one could give me info on that prestige class I'd be thankful.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 03:30:06 am by Zidane »
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 17, 2011, 09:11:42 am »

Dragon Disciple is on The S.R.D. and includes a red variant. Although it loses much of its awesome when taken prior to epic levels, N.W.N. did not alter it drastically...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 17, 2011, 12:14:22 pm »

Dragon Disciple is on The S.R.D. and includes a red variant. Although it loses much of its awesome when taken prior to epic levels, N.W.N. did not alter it drastically...

Thank you kind sir.
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 17, 2011, 11:58:49 pm »

One of my foresight-founded concerns with the Artificer class is the exp spent on Item Creation feats. Sure, you get a craft reserve, but you're likely to overspend with all those feats available. And then I'd have to track your current exp and how much you've spent on Item Creation, so that I can plan encounters appropriately based on how much exp and gear you SHOULD have, not how much you DO have. And, as you might have all noticed, I'm not exactly a master of the art of balancing encounters yet. (I think the trick is to give roughly CR 4 or 5 monsters, we'll see...)

Corina, Mystellar, Nale Nael, and Maelrigar receive their journal exp. (apparently I am too tired to write, because that sentence took four tries for me to get it any kind of right. And I speak loopily. Oy vey. Did I mention I'm digressing?)

@Zidane, it'd be totally awesome if you joined the group. The group needs someone to spam Bardic Knowledge and throw on the buffs. (Mystellar makes a conspicuously low number of Lore checks, methinks.)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 18, 2011, 12:22:07 am »

Yeah, and we need more arcane spellcasters, too!  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 18, 2011, 10:12:56 am »

Don't worry I won't be going into the artificer area for awhile now, looked at the op and saw your reqs and decided that artificer was not a path worth taking and that you really really did not want one in the campaign.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 18, 2011, 11:22:05 am »

Oh, right, Lore, I keep forgetting that...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 18, 2011, 04:31:25 pm »

@Zidane, it'd be totally awesome if you joined the group. The group needs someone to spam Bardic Knowledge and throw on the buffs. (Mystellar makes a conspicuously low number of Lore checks, methinks.)

I will probably die fairly quickly though, so I'll most likely spend most of my time franticly strumming on my lute, or frantically casting Invisible on myself. But if we ever run into any demons, angels, dragons, traps, locks, or intricate architectural puzzles, I will be of great help

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 18, 2011, 04:40:31 pm »

If you allow Celadrin (Dragon magazine 350 page 52) I have a planned Bard in case things go south for Ethan.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 18, 2011, 04:56:28 pm »

A little advice for Shoruke, based on my DM experience.

The best challenge will be medium numbers of medium CR monsters. Even at level 2, Corina alone can take out large(r) numbers of CR .5 monsters as long as the monk protects her, and small numbers of high CR monsters fall victim to the swarm problem with a party as large as we have. Your best bet would be eight or so CR 2-3 enemies for a decent but not impossible challenge.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 244