Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299859 times)

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches and then some (recruiting)
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2010, 01:18:55 pm »

I PM'd you that custom class I wanted to use, but I'm not sure you got it. My messages are kinda bugging out.

Here it is, in case my message did not go through:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2010, 01:23:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I approve, but now I wanna play Vyse.

ToB allowed? Pweeeeaase?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2010, 04:31:34 pm »

@Grek: The Babau Slime spell is fine to use, but your skills... I know Spellcraft is actually an in-class skill for wizards (this fact is messing up the skill point total on your sheet), and... what is Knowledge (3)? And you should have 16 hp. But the kicker is your stats: you can't lower your stats below 8 for more points to buy other stats with, there's just too much min-maxing abuse potential there.
Ammended on all counts; skills are now 24 total with 4 Know(Arcana, Geography, Planes) Spellcraft and Concentration plus 2 cross-class ranks in swim. Attributes are now 16 14 14 16 8 8.

Question: My backstory includes fish people. Should I redact it to be about some other race or is there some sort of ocean/lake full of fish people around? I'd be cool with updating it to say something else, for example, that he went to live with the dwarves in the mountains for a year.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2010, 04:39:48 pm »

@moghopper: Got your PM... I'll approve that class if you switch the Shield Block +1 and the Unyielding class features around. Fighting into negative hitpoints as a level 1, non-prestige class feature just positively screams "it's a one level dip, he's going to abandon the rest of the defense-based class later!" at me. So, you'll get the +1 AC against one person per round at level 1, and you can fight into a few negative hit points at level 2.

@Akigagak: Yes, the Tome of Battle is allowed (I thought I said that in the OP, but whatevs)

@Grek: Rivershire is a fairly large city, with quite a few spellcasters... and, as one of only four major humanoid havens in the world, it's conceivable for a group of lawful-aligned sahuagin to have moved in and paid someone to set up an underground area. But that's just a suggestion; I haven't made a layout of the city or anything, so write it into your story how you choose. What's giving you the Detect Magic spell?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 04:46:26 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2010, 04:57:50 pm »

I've been thinking on it some more, and I've come the the conclusion that knowing dwarven and taking 2 ranks in climb would be much more useful to my ultimate plans to explore the underside of the world than swim skills on a map without any oceans would be. Also, the whole fish people thing was actually sort of stupid.

For the detect magic spell, I'm playing a wizard and it's a wizard/sorcerer cantrip, so I have that as a spell known. I decided to prepare some uses of it because it is good for finding excellent loot/enemies/traps.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2010, 05:08:20 pm »

Oh yeah, cantrips... derp... you prepared just the one spell, three times?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2010, 05:12:01 pm »

Yep. I wasn't sure if I actually get +3 cantrips for the int bonus. If I do, I'll probably leave them blank and put stuff in as needed. Cantrips aren't exactly super-great.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2010, 06:02:40 pm »

Hmmm, my theory, the continent is generated by a planar rift. Earth, fire, Air, and water all spew out of a gurgling hole in the centre.

Our first mission should be to make the world a better place, and by better, I mean more interesting. Humans are boring, so we should get a giant chisel and just pry Landsedge off of the side...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2010, 07:00:36 pm »

Our first mission should be to make the world a better place, and by better, I mean more interesting. Humans are boring, so we should get a giant chisel and just pry Landsedge off of the side...

That sounds a little chaotic, the lawful thing to do is to grotesquely mutilate make them all be more interesting.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2010, 07:11:53 pm »

Just how many people are in this party, anyhow?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2010, 07:24:21 pm »

All of us that show up on a given night.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2010, 07:57:11 pm »

@moghopper: Got your PM... I'll approve that class if you switch the Shield Block +1 and the Unyielding class features around. Fighting into negative hitpoints as a level 1, non-prestige class feature just positively screams "it's a one level dip, he's going to abandon the rest of the defense-based class later!" at me. So, you'll get the +1 AC against one person per round at level 1, and you can fight into a few negative hit points at level 2.

Done, I'll have the character done in the mourning.

BTW, can I get your opinion on the class? The more feedback I get the more I can balance it out and improve it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 08:02:16 pm by moghopper »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2010, 08:01:54 pm »

I probably won't be able to play often, but I'm going to go ahead and make up a character, assuming that's alright. I can't see this conflicting with my game since all my players have joined this one.

NOTE: I will NEVER be able to play during the week.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 06:39:49 am by Lord Shonus »
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2010, 08:12:28 pm »

Done, I'll have the character done in the mourning.

BTW, can I get your opinion on the class? The more feedback I get the more I can balance it out and improve it.

I'd say that class is actually a little underpowered. I mean, by level 20, you have below-average melee skills, 5 DR, 3 AC, +3 to resist tripping etc., and you can move around in heavy armor. I'd try moving most of the class features closer to level 1, and adding stuff like resisting disease, energy damage, poison, mind effects, etc. to the higher levels.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2010, 08:22:38 pm »

I'll have to rethink the class features then. Perhaps Some disease resistance, mind effect resistance, and a sort of charging attack...

although, I do have two other homebrew classes I could try. Nevermind. One is not one I'd use, and the other is overpowered
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 08:26:21 pm by moghopper »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 244