Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299721 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session pending) (always recruiting)
« Reply #405 on: November 13, 2010, 10:05:40 pm »

Sorry for leaving so abruptly. My parents realized how long I'd been on the computer, so I typed that "Shit. Gotta go" with a dad yelling at me to get off.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 13, 2010, 10:43:34 pm »

Sorry for leaving so abruptly. My parents realized how long I'd been on the computer, so I typed that "Shit. Gotta go" with a dad yelling at me to get off.

Well, damn. Because you left JUST as the fighting started. It's still going on, actually.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 13, 2010, 11:20:45 pm »

KENKUS!

After we've finished beating them up, we might actually find out why we're fighting them.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 14, 2010, 01:03:31 am »

Maelrigar and Mystellar received 550 experience, everyone else who participated received 500.

Well-done journals are worth level x 100 experience points.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 14, 2010, 02:07:08 am »

Quote from: Maelrigar's Journal
We apprehended some criminals tonight, and lo and behold, they were not goblins. I didn't think goblins would steal food, and I was right. The real perpetrators were some raven-like short things that don't like the taste of steel. Their raven shapes reminded me, though, of my need for a familiar. I'll have to buy the materials for the ritual soon. Apparently the city guard hates goblins, but I don't know why. I look kind of like a goblin, except bigger and differently colored. If it were their height or personality that the guards found repulsive, Finni would be banned from the city too. I haven't seen anyone in town with green skin, though, so it could be that they're green. I've now sworn an oath to not remain in this town for any longer than I need to for purposes of justice-bringing and library visiting. I just can't abide by racism. It makes me feel blue.

So, do you know if it's possible to get a better familiar than the standard frog or raven? A raging bull, for example?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Tibbles

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 14, 2010, 03:40:53 am »

The Improved Familiar Feat in the DMG lists some.
GODAMMIT KOBOLDS

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 14, 2010, 07:33:19 am »

Today the band I find myself with followed reports of goblins stealing from warehouses. After an extensive discussion of the merits of the city's policies regarding goblins, we spoke with one of the dockworkers regarding the thefts, which apparently occurred with some frequency, at night, and were rather mundane affairs.

The appropriate response was obvious enough. Making what arrangements I could in a nearby alleyway with the others. I was awoken during the night due to various disreputable sounds. While i was hoping to wait until they had entered the facility, fate had our band stumble somewhat blindly into the night. Fortunes were favourable however and we prevailed, against some <kenku, birdfolk, bird-like humanoids, feathery things>. Despite Mael's best efforts at least two of the creatures escaped, but there should be ample evidence to demonstrate what has been happening to the warehouses...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 14, 2010, 07:36:55 am »

Sorry I couldn't make it. Any downtime to speak of?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 14, 2010, 11:02:56 am »

Dr. Moon's journal:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think that is fairly good considering I walked in on the battle. Also if it is alright the black skull in the inventory actually is what allows the Doctor to be sane (assuming that is possible) like a required situational Renewal Pact spell every week. If this is too ridiculous then he just enjoys killing and regains sanity once and a while.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 09:00:50 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 14, 2010, 11:20:58 am »

I missed this somehow. Hmm... I might just want in on this.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 14, 2010, 12:32:26 pm »

Hey, that'd be cool. I'll give you some information on all the characters I know of, just in case that affects your character creation.

Dr. Gregory Moon (LE) - He worships Nerull, and he likes killing things for the sake of killing things. He's pretty good with a crossbow. I believe he's a rogue though, so watch your back. He might decide Nerull is more important to him than you. He's a half-drow, but I don't believe we've figured that out through his hood, yet.

Finni Waymottin - A rather annoying gnome that seems to have a deathwish. Whether it be rushing into a fight unprepared, knocking a door onto themselves, or opening a chest they know is trapped, they forge ahead. I haven't really seen her in combat much, but she once (at least attempted to) burn a necromancer alive. She's a wizard, though. I can't find an alignment, but it's definitely some kind of chaotic.

Maelrigar Desraktu (CN?) - Maelrigar is my character, a Water Orc Battle Sorcerer. He comes from a tribe of evil Gruumsh-worshiping water orcs, but left them in favor of Procan and a path of good(?). The only problem is that he doesn't yet know what constitutes good, so at times he seems a bit extreme. (For example, trying to run down a criminal until it dies of exhaustion because it was probably a thief.) As far as combat goes, Maelrigar is not your average sorcerer. He wades into battle swinging a greatsword, bedecked in scale mail and beheading creatures left and right. He does have spellcasting abilities, but his various feats and such reduce his spells per day in such a manner that it will be a while before he can rely on spell casting alone. At the moment, he's the 'tank' of the party.

Alrad (N) - A (slightly) stereotypical elven ranger, uses a longbow in combat, and loves animals. He doesn't talk much but he was against torture, so I'd bet he leans towards NG. Alrad is a pretty cool guy. Eh shoots his longbow and doesn't afraid of anything.

Mysteller Traverious (N) - Mysteller is a Grey Elf cloistered cleric of Procan. She (in the past) adventured with Maelrigar, who also worships Procan. They're (sort-of) on a quest to find the oceans that Procan is the god of, but we're on a floating island. They don't do so well in melee combat, but they have a sling to use when their spells run out. Definitely the best at healing.

Corina (LG) - A human wizard of noble descent, Corina is a bit of a snob. Or a skank, I'm not sure. Her idea of 'interrogation' included attempting to seduce a necromancer, if that matters. In melee combat, she is nigh-useless, but like all wizards, has magic to throw at people.

Randress (N) - Randress is a wyvern. It can talk, but it's not the smartest of characters. I haven't really seen it in action enough to describe it. It mainly uses it's melee natural weapons in combat, though.

Eavor (CG) - Eavor is a shifter Spirit Shaman. I haven't seen him recently, but in melee combat he's one of our best. He has both ranged and melee weapons, as well as the ability to shift into Longtooth form. He's good at survival, though, having mastered the Goodberry and Create water spells to completely ignore shoruke's food-tracking system.

Ethan Earthwalker (NG) - A human druid, has a wolf for a friend and makes plants grope bird people. I haven't observed him much, though.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 11:26:27 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 14, 2010, 10:37:11 pm »

Dak (NE) - Dak is a human bard, but I haven't seen him at a session in a while, so I can't say much.

I had to drop out actually... given my work hours I cannot make any of the sessions. It would be for the best if dak just died in a hole or something.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 14, 2010, 11:15:03 pm »

I know most of you probably didn't go to my character sheet, but I felt like posting the character backgound.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tibbles

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 17, 2010, 07:20:54 am »

So, is there a session same time every week?
GODAMMIT KOBOLDS

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 17, 2010, 07:41:26 am »

'rouke seems to be trying to mix it up so as many people as possible can participate.

Also, I won't be playing this week.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 244