Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299762 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: Session on Saturday (always recruiting)
« Reply #3390 on: February 11, 2012, 11:19:58 pm »

Everyone who participated in the session today earns 300 roleplaying exp (yes that's less than one journal, sue me)
I also set up the Out-of-session RP thread here.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: February 11, 2012, 11:39:49 pm »

300? That puts me... 16 away from a level because I began to craft a Cloak of Charisma for Loreat. I'm going to avoid journalling until people start to catch up in XP, unless Shoruke is willing to let me craft items using 1/5 of the cost in XP instead of 1/2 in gold and 1/25 in XP. Because I have not enough gold, but plenty of XP.

Edit: nope, actually I ended up dinging into next level
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 11:42:23 pm by RedWarrior0 »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: February 11, 2012, 11:47:44 pm »

Was there an encounter today?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: February 11, 2012, 11:49:23 pm »

Ahhh, no. :P

We sort of spent a bunch of time in story exposition for the first half of the session-and the rest half, Zako was merchanting. By the time we snagged the plot eggs, everyone was pretty much gone already.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: February 11, 2012, 11:54:15 pm »

Good, because I was there for most of the expositing, but had to leave around when Shoruke took a dinner break. I was worried I'd missed some of the delicious, delicious exp that may have been available.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: February 12, 2012, 12:16:16 am »

Just got back, too. Can anyone pastedump the exposition for me?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: February 12, 2012, 12:47:32 am »

I sold my sword in order to get some magic items, namely a SICK cloak of shadows (+7 to hide and M. Silently and +2 deflection AC), a ring that identifies 10/day and boots of elvenkind.

I am basically invisible when I hide, I have bonuses that high. And I also ripped those poor merchants off bad. I saved like... 1000 gold through my merchanting. Sorry for delaying the whole session, but it was all pretty much RP'ing anyway, so nothing real interesting in the first place.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: February 12, 2012, 01:08:43 am »

...it was all pretty much RP'ing anyway, so nothing real interesting in the first place.
What? Did you not hear about the wizard who lifted up the continent and brought the pure beings up to Arcadia, set the metallic dragons guarding it, and left a massive tower leading up to it? Did you miss the part where the spirits of the dead dragons spoke to us and asked us to ensure the survival of the unhatched dragon eggs that would grow into the new generation of guardians? By any chance did you note that the continent is beginning to sink down to the underworld, and will surely do so unless we save the aforementioned hatchlings? Did you hear of the risk of invasion from the underworlders led by the wizard Rulqas?

Did I thank you yet for letting me frame my recap for Barb in a series of questions? (Thanks!)

And does anybody recall the name of the wizard who lifted up Arcadia? I know it goes Arca-something, but I don't know for sure.

On a less silly note, I actually find the RPing and intra-party conflict fun. The game feels like we're playing a fan-comic of OoTS!

And that cloak... damn, that is a fine cloak. How much did it cost?

(Journal forthcoming once I find out the wizard's name.)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: February 12, 2012, 01:55:26 am »

I got it down to 5900gp from 6400gp. The boots cost 1900ish and the ring I got for I think it was 2275. I managed to sell the sword for quite a bit. :P

Also, falling continent, dead dragon spirits, massive tower to the rest of the world, possible invasion, yeah I got it. My character just doesn't really give much of a damn, since he has been planar travelling somewhat and has been stranded here due to unforseen circumstances. He just wants to get the hell of this floating landmass as soon as possible if it's going to fall, and we don't know if the hatchlings will be able to hold the thing up or not, probably just delay the falling at best I reckon. Hence why he would prefer if everyone found that tower so they could get down to the REAL ground.

Also, I don't know what has happened before I joined, so I am behind in a lot of things that have happened. For example, I have no idea what this Rulqas guy has done before. Also, have you considered that you are trusting UNDEAD DRAGONS that have been pressed into eternally keeping the continent up? For all you know, they might just be lying to us and plan to get the hatchlings to crash this continent straight downwards. Have you also considered that the guy who raised the continent in the first place, I think his name was along the lines of Arcanus, was actually a delusional man who was simply obeyed because he had the sheer amount of power to LIFT A CONTINENT? He may not have taken 'pure' people at all, but to his mind he did, and he played the dragons for suckers and got away with it.

Also, I'm fine with the whole RPing sort of thing, just as long as there isn't too much of it all the time. Some action here and there would be greatly appreciated.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: February 12, 2012, 11:18:56 am »

Not undead. If anything, they'd be Deathless, since (oddly) undead are always evil.

Deathless are basically undead but totally good instead of evil. I think they came out of BoED because the authors decided that some arbitrary alignment restriction meant "nope, you can't have the holy spirits of your dead ancestors come down and tell you something because undead are eeeeevulz."

And the wizard was Arcanus.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: February 12, 2012, 11:55:22 am »

Eh, I still don't know why we don't just raid the merchants. I mean, how much of a fight could they possibly put up against a group of seasoned adventurers?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: February 12, 2012, 12:01:12 pm »

WBL states that they are very high level indeed to have so many magic items. How do you think two people can be wandering around the backwoods hell hole we are in alone in safety? Also if you attack them not all the party members would actually side with you I think.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: February 12, 2012, 12:08:56 pm »

Yeah, we outnumber them, but the combined CR of everyone on our side who actually fights would probably be too low for them to even get XP. Because in addition to probably being higher level than us, they are doubtlessly much better armed.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: February 12, 2012, 12:11:50 pm »

Also, we have a few lawfuls and goods and lawful goods around. I'm sure you chaotic neutrals might go for it, but the party would probably be split in half.

Spoiler: Azra's Journal (click to show/hide)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: February 12, 2012, 12:25:50 pm »

Also, other than Loreat and Adale, did anyone commission an item from me?
Queue:
Loreat's Cloak of Charisma +2 (paid)(1 day / 4 days done)(Spells: Eagle's Splendor from Loreat)
Adale's Gloves of Dexterity +2 (3k of 3k owed)(no progress)(Spells: Cat's Grace from Ethan)
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 244