Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299936 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: Session on Saturday (always recruiting)
« Reply #3195 on: January 21, 2012, 04:34:37 pm »

Normally the server would be up in 2 hours, but I haven't seen Shoruke post anything.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: January 21, 2012, 05:02:19 pm »

Isn't the session on Sunday this weekend?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: January 21, 2012, 05:14:36 pm »

Also, next session is at 11:00 PM GMT on Sunday. I work Saturday, starting 3 hours before the session and going until 4~5 hours past it. Basically Saturday is gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong day.

Case, point.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: January 21, 2012, 05:17:35 pm »

Also, next session is at 11:00 PM GMT on Sunday. I work Saturday, starting 3 hours before the session and going until 4~5 hours past it. Basically Saturday is gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong day.
Found it. I missed this earlier. I work Sunday, so I'll be an hour late.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: January 21, 2012, 05:38:51 pm »

Oh. So. In about 24 hours from now. Okay.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: January 21, 2012, 06:27:23 pm »

Dammit, I forgot about that. I got up early for nothing! But at least I have the time pretty much right.

A question on multiple attacks: Since my total attack bonus is +9, does that give me an extra attack, even though my base attack bonus is +3? If so, what are the penalties for more attacks?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: January 21, 2012, 06:31:25 pm »

No does not. Only BAB counts for more attacks.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: January 21, 2012, 07:21:03 pm »

Your first attack happens, at your full attack bonus including all modifiers. Then, if you are using the "Full Attack" action you subtract five from your 'base' attack bonus and if your base attack bonus is still one or more then you make another attack with the now reduced base attack bonus. You then do the same thing with the reduced base attack bonus.
With a +6 attack(A) modifier:
BAB|#As|A progression
 1 |1  |+7
 2 |1  |+8
 3 |1  |+9
 4 |1  |+10
 5 |1  |+11
 6 |2  |+12 +7
10 |2  |+16 +11
11 |3  |+17 +12 +7
16 |4  |+22 +17 +12 +7

There may be an unwritten rule that means that nobody gets more than 4 attacks from base attack bonus alone, but as stated, it is unwritten. There is an epic rule that states that you stop accruing base attack bonus when you become an epic-level character(Effective Character Level 20+) but a mature adult gold dragon(C.R. 19) has a base attack bonus of 26 and is perfectly capable of polymorphing into a form which uses a weapon, at which point the D.M. has to either grant it 5 attacks from progression, treat it according to epic rules(which would reduce its attack bonus by 3), or fudge something...

It could be interpreted that the force damage from a weapon doesn't affect an incorporeal opponent unless the weapon actually hits them. The alternative creates all sorts of headaches if an incorporeal creature tries to wield a weapon with force damage. Can they hold the handle? Can they throw it by the blade? Would that cause damage to them? But I really wouldn't know what the rules say on the matter. But force is almost unresistable, while a single second-level spell can render someone immune to 1d6 electric damage for a whole combat...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: January 21, 2012, 07:26:04 pm »

I am sure the dragon could if it wanted. In that case. But unless you are quite good at the game (if you know what I mean) or fighting something really odd that -20 to hit is a killer to the point where it just saves time not to take it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: January 21, 2012, 08:58:20 pm »

And what if you rolled double 20s on that last attack, huh? You know that the dragon can afford vorpal...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: January 21, 2012, 09:11:55 pm »

I have a question about natural weapons: is it possible for a core race to somehow acquire natural weapons that are a viable means of combat? I mean, weapons that can do enough damage to make them useful in combat.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: January 21, 2012, 09:15:16 pm »

Well.

That is pretty lame anyway. To make more attacks for just the chance of a crit? I mean. Not that realistic is it? But. Meh.

I have a question about natural weapons: is it possible for a core race to somehow acquire natural weapons that are a viable means of combat? I mean, weapons that can do enough damage to make them useful in combat.

Uh... I would think so. I mean, a lot of fighting classes do not really rely on weapons but rather class abilities. The ones that do rely on weapons (the sucker classes) most likely could not.

But say if you take a sword sage, and a feat. The difference between your sword in a maneuver and your fist in a maneuver (or claw if you find something like that from a PrC) is only going to be a point or two of damage.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: January 21, 2012, 09:22:15 pm »

There are feats and spells that help natural weapons. The one that I can think of off the top of my head is Improve Natural Weapon which improves your damage by one step (1d8 -> 2d6). If you look it up there might be a monstrous monk build that spends most it's feats improving its natural attacks. So yes, you can use natural weapons effectively. It just involves min/maxing obscure feats, races and templates.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: January 21, 2012, 09:27:53 pm »

Uh... I would think so. I mean, a lot of fighting classes do not really rely on weapons but rather class abilities. The ones that do rely on weapons (the sucker classes) most likely could not.

But say if you take a sword sage, and a feat. The difference between your sword in a maneuver and your fist in a maneuver (or claw if you find something like that from a PrC) is only going to be a point or two of damage.
What about someone who only has levels in a sucker class?

There are feats and spells that help natural weapons. The one that I can think of off the top of my head is Improve Natural Weapon which improves your damage by one step (1d8 -> 2d6). If you look it up there might be a monstrous monk build that spends most it's feats improving its natural attacks. So yes, you can use natural weapons effectively. It just involves min/maxing obscure feats, races and templates.
The problem with using more monstrous races is that I'm trying to keep the Able Learner feat, so I have to stick as close to human as possible.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: January 21, 2012, 09:41:32 pm »

What about someone who only has levels in a sucker class?

Perhaps sucker is too harsh of a word. But. For people that rely on weapons. Not having weapons is hard. I mean... Possible. But it will both take a lot of feats and a loooooot of gold.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 244