Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299670 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session Sun Oct 24) (always recruiting)
« Reply #300 on: October 24, 2010, 08:44:09 pm »

I think Maelrigar might've just taken out the miniboss in a single hit from his granite fist.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 24, 2010, 10:36:40 pm »

The conclusion that most of us came to on  the question of ethics is that we will turn the necromancer in for money and I will witness his execution (or be really angry if there isn't one).

Here is the Doctor's journal (I intended for it to read like a scientific observation journal).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also am I assuming that the doctor has always been with them or is it that I just randomly poof in with no prior knowledge of the group? If so, it is day 4 of this journey.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 11:59:38 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 24, 2010, 10:49:10 pm »

Gee, I try to mutilate one necromancer and you guys start thinking I'm a Chaotic Evil jerk instead of an honorable (and vegetarian) orcish sorcerer. I'm disappointed. Seriously, I even brought cookies.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 24, 2010, 10:58:17 pm »

Maelrigar, Mystellar, and Alrad all levelled up.
The necromancer was defeated, tied up, arms broken, and maintained at negative hit points.
Character journals are worth 100 exp * character level for all who participated.
Game master gives deliberately succinct descriptions so that character journals tell the real story.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 11:06:01 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 25, 2010, 01:51:11 am »

We once again ventured into the tombs, and were able to overcome the skeletal guards and reach a central chamber. Within we encountered more skeletons and what appeared to be a necromancer. We bested our opposition with great effort, but relatively little risk, after my orcish friend rendered the human unconscious. We now find ourselves debating what to do with them...

P.S.
 They are clearly just someone who took things a little too far. I am confident that they can be reeducated rehabilitated into the scholarly community and have much valuable information that would surely be lost were they to permanently die...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 25, 2010, 05:33:11 am »

Uh, his arms are not broken. We tied him upppp and gagged him.
Also, you were going to TORTURE the guy for NO REASON while he was completely DEFENCELESS. Thats CE shit right there.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 25, 2010, 08:06:54 am »

There's a reason for that, Pillow Killer. Maelrigar comes from a tribe of orcs. Orcs (in most settings) are usually LE, NE, CE, or CN. I went for Chaotic Neutral because that's the best one I could get without going 'rogue' like the ubiquitous 'Drizzt' clones. Also, necromancers are his mortal enemy because they make people not dead that should have been dead. Orcs are spiritualists, and thus violating the spirits of the dead is going to bring some pain. Besides, he was only defenseless because I made him defenseless. The torture wasn't too tortuous either, he was already unconscious.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 25, 2010, 10:02:11 am »

Maelrigar will have to just settle for the fact that he will die fairly soon. Also torturing or pointlessly harming him without stating why seems VERY CE, your point is valid but just explain yourself in game. Just saying.

P.S. Pillow_Killer is right, the arms aren't broken, just the fingers are.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:04:26 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 25, 2010, 04:26:58 pm »

K, personal enmity towards necromancers makes things much more coherent.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 25, 2010, 10:28:41 pm »

I said we didnt break anything YET. DOnt get me wrong, Im all for torturing people painfully, but they gotta give us a reason for it first. Such as trying to cast a spell or not talking.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 26, 2010, 03:21:01 pm »

I'll tentatively schedule a session for Saturday, same time of day as the last one. That's 9:00 PM GMT Saturday October 30.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session Sat Oct 30) (always recruiting)
« Reply #311 on: October 27, 2010, 10:45:48 am »

((Credit to Lord Shonus for this idea))

As of now, the characters who aren't available for a session will be able to use the amount of game time that passed during the session to do... stuff.

For instance, during the session we had on Sunday, the group used 8 hours to sleep. So, for the characters who weren't present during the session will have 8 hours to make crafting checks or use item creation feats; for instance, Corina would have enough time to scribe a Scroll of Something.

This will be especially useful in this game, due to our "lots of players, lowered attendance ratio"; the players that miss stuff can make a few coins on the side, or restock on potions/arrows/etc without spending copious amounts of game time to backtrack to the Civilized Lands.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 27, 2010, 11:28:55 am »

Glad I could help.

(posting this here because we share so many players)
Please note that I have instituted the same system in my campaign, and have given everyone a week.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 30, 2010, 01:33:46 pm »

Session today?  And if so, when?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 30, 2010, 01:42:06 pm »

Session is in 2 hours, 20 minutes.

CRIPES but it's hard to get the scale of this world map right...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 244