Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300285 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5- Western Marches (session on Saturday)(always recruiting)
« Reply #2670 on: September 02, 2011, 03:03:58 pm »

Next session is Saturday, at the usual time. My family will also be out of town, so yay for less distractions.
The session after that is going to be suspended, just in case week one of school involves a bunch of hard work that I do not anticipate.

Maelrigar got experience for the panthers in the top right area, and the bottom left area. That should be more than enough, considering you only participated in 1/3 of the fight  8)

Also, I think there is a common misconception going around, due to my rather hurried fluff when you guys first entered the tunnels. Between your circular starting area underground (with the wells) and the surface, there are quite a few offshoot caves that other adventurer and mercenary parties were assigned to. There are about 8 other little 'hubs' like yours, plus a couple dozen random offshoots from the connecting passage. So... trying to clear ALL OF THAT out without resting would be kinda, I dunno, counterintuitive. Plus, the Eridenean government will soon hear about how some monsters managed to break through to the surface and start killing civilians, so there's going to be some reorganization going on with the military and stuff. Incidentally, there might just be an opportunity for you guys to meet the mayor of Eriden soon.

I'll send Fool a PM about the Nymph thing... But Nymph's Kiss is an okay feat to have.
(hmm, perhaps I should have had Veshnoal take that feat, he could use more skill points... oh well, too late to get the full benefit from it now, first level is long gone for him.)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 07:18:15 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: September 02, 2011, 04:30:23 pm »

You mean Eriden, not Ibaea, right?
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: September 02, 2011, 07:18:46 pm »

Yes. I fixed it.
Curse you people, and your spending too much time in the places I don't expect you to.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: September 02, 2011, 07:32:53 pm »

Couldn't the city have spent a little extra and and hired a retinue of mages to cloud-kill the tunnels before sending mercenaries in...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: September 03, 2011, 11:26:26 am »

Spoiler: Vaba's Journal (click to show/hide)
Vaba claims the 6,500 sp and 30,000 cp then transmutes them into gold coins of the same value.  I'll also grab the wand if nobody wants it.  Maybe I can carve it into a super-arrow.  What happens when you break a wand again?

If Kogan is okay with it I steal take partial payment in the form of 500 gp from Stihe.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (next game Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #2675 on: September 03, 2011, 12:11:20 pm »

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: September 03, 2011, 12:42:47 pm »

Spoiler: Raspul's Journal (click to show/hide)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: September 03, 2011, 01:30:45 pm »

Oh and I'm curious. Is someone keeping track of group inventory? Anything from these loot amounts that isn't claimed should probably fall into there, for either later use or selling. I'm not sure what exactly I might want, but like the talk of that broken armor. It might be repaired, and thus shouldn't just poof. If you can see what I'm thinking.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 01:47:13 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: September 03, 2011, 04:28:51 pm »

Woohoo for last minute journals! In addition, looks like I will actually be able to show up today. As long as we keep it to one night per week.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: September 03, 2011, 04:36:26 pm »

Remembering...Shoruke asked for me to pass for new spells for him before I used them. Hence, can I get this approved?

Sandstorm. Page 122

Homebrewed Storm Mote, Earth to Water

Spoiler: Typhoon Mote (click to show/hide)

Edit: You know what, can I also get this minorly homebrewed? I just wanna change the spell descriptor from Earth to Water, since Andres not a desert mage, he would use it differently than one. It's a tiny little thing... ^_^

« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 06:08:05 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: September 03, 2011, 04:42:23 pm »

Okay, I am starting the server up WAY early, so that people can join and chat or whatever. Plus, it'll let me get a feel for what I have to create at the last minute before the session starts, because there are at least a half dozen forseeable ways today's session could go. Note that that count only includes forseeable and somewhat sane outcomes. I am thoroughly convinced you people are capable of coming up with something that is downright silly.

Also, today is likely to be a bit of a shorter session... I have thing to do later tonight, so yeah. Sorry about that ahead of time. Here's hoping the stopping point happens right after you guys finish a bunch of Gather Information checks or something, so you have two weeks to mull it over and make intellectual conversation. Wooo...

As for Storm Mote, I think I'll change the concealment aspect of it to be more like storm spells. Your target gains concealment against you if you try to make a ranged attack out of, into, or through the Storm Mote. Other than that, it's fine.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: September 03, 2011, 04:45:57 pm »

Did you catch my little thing..

Would it be alright if it was a Water Spell instead of a Earth Spell?

It's not cheese, since I already get storm power from wind, it's just for flavor.

Edit: Ideally, it would be called Typhoon Mote then. Assuming the change is accepted. :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 05:25:50 pm by Dwarmin »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: September 03, 2011, 05:50:07 pm »

Sure, that's fine.

Successful journals:
6: Ethan: 425
5: Vaba, Andre, Raspul, Stihe: 500
4: Lith: 575
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 06:04:42 pm by shoruke »

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: September 03, 2011, 09:48:20 pm »

Because everyone isn't currently in the session I am posting it here...

800 gold coins for Raspul, Maelrigar, Ethan, Sithe, Andre, Vaba, Lith, Mystellar, and Anderson. 300 gold coins for the party fund. This is for the 15 kills we had at the end of session 36.

(Edit: I assume this is the same for a Puma.)
(Edit 2: Filan is Stihe's new mount.)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:02:18 pm by Kogan Loloklam »
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: September 03, 2011, 11:52:25 pm »

Any chance that I can post my journal for exp? I can have it done in the morning. Between work and other things I haven't had time to write the journal. I don't want to fall too far behind in exp.

EDIT: I hope Raspul doesn't mind a rivalry with a paladin. About the only way that he'd travel with a necromancer is that he'd kill Raspul if he became a lich. Until then he is just suspicious of Raspul.

If I get exp that would be a bonus, but here is my journal:

Thanks for posting the reward Kogan.

EDIT2: BTW puma is a category of cat, which includes cougars and some panthers. The leopard SRD entry mentions panthers, and no other entry is even close, so I'd assume so as well.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 01:42:18 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 244