Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300357 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (next game Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #2565 on: August 28, 2011, 09:48:49 pm »

I think I have most of those sheets still. Yep. Just missing Doctor Moon and my first character. They would be under leveled at this point, but I'm sure I still have Dr. Moon's backstory somewhere if you want it. It's funny of how many characters I run through. I think I'm finally getting a hang of good character building. With Syelyi and Anderson I'm keeping scores and basing goals on something I can strive for along the way. I would have done the same with Thanuva, but the damage would've killed party balance.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: August 28, 2011, 10:19:33 pm »

Sadly no Dragon Magazine material can be used since the material isn't really online anywhere. I kind of wish there were pdfs of those, but as far I know there aren't.
There is a PM in your inbox.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: August 29, 2011, 03:48:39 am »

Minor Question: Alchemy Lab vs Alchemy Artisan Tools?

Is there such an Artisan Tools, or is there only the Lab?

Already am taking the lab, question then becomes. Can I take some masterwork artisan tools as well?

Edit, when looking at potions. Can you make Splash damage type potions? IE: Can I brew a potion, spend the exp, and make say, an 'Entangle' potion, that breaks when thrown entangling the area it hits?

Edit2: Druids are allowed to 'spend' memorized spells to cast summon natures Ally. Could I use that for desert Ally as well?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 04:28:56 am by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: August 29, 2011, 08:41:16 am »

I think your thinking about a tanglefoot bag Haika.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: August 29, 2011, 09:33:10 am »

I believe that Haika is thinking of potions of Tiny Hut...

Typically, potions that require a different action are different items, and therefore not potions. And a really strict interpretation of the rules would say that they need creature or creatures in the spell's target description. But hey, brew potion is an often over-looked feat and a D.M. could probably be persuaded to overlook its short-vomings. But it isn't as thugh potions of divine favour or shield are anything to be laughed at...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: August 29, 2011, 10:41:59 am »

I actually have tanglefoot bags, but they weigh 4 pounds.

The potion thing made me wonder, because I have spells like Entangle, and Soften Earth and Stone. Spells that don't need targets really, that could work for a splash damage. Similarly Fog Cloud, Haboob, and the Wall Spells, could all be made into potions I think. Maybe even the summon spells, but that might be stretching it a bit. And drinking any of these would be extremely hazardous to your health...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 10:48:04 am by Haika »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: August 29, 2011, 11:11:07 am »

Summon Monster potions would be an awesome CDG though. More potions would be something cool to add. It'd love to see an arcane version of the crawling psionic tattoos for target-based spells. It's either it gets hit with a spell, or it wastes a turn fighting a tattoo. It's a win win situation for PCs.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: August 29, 2011, 11:57:34 am »

Love the idea of making those spells into potions. Let's just hope shoruke allows it.

Also, Journal time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: August 29, 2011, 12:03:04 pm »

Minor Question: Alchemy Lab vs Alchemy Artisan Tools?
Is there such an Artisan Tools, or is there only the Lab?
Already am taking the lab, question then becomes: Can I take some masterwork artisan tools as well?

Edit, when looking at potions. Can you make Splash damage type potions? IE: Can I brew a potion, spend the exp, and make say, an 'Entangle' potion, that breaks when thrown entangling the area it hits?

Edit2: Druids are allowed to 'spend' memorized spells to cast summon natures Ally. Could I use that for desert Ally as well?
-There's no Artisan's Tools for craft(alchemy), just the labs. (I know it's ~9.1x as costly and 8x as heavy as an Artisan's Tool, but if you've ever taken chemistry in high school and used more than one thing in the process, you'll understand why...)
-Area-effect potions are kinda weird. Normally, potions only target one person (who receives the effect by drinking the potion) or one object (which receives the effect when someone applies the oil to it, like with an Oil of Magic Weapon). However... potions of Entangle or Grease would be kinda funny, so I'll allow them.
(("Whoa, watch out for the bottle of fire!" *30' radius of vines* "FFFFUUUU-"))
-Druids are only able to spontaneously cast Summon Nature's Ally. I suppose I could allow you to exchange this ability for Desert Ally, and we'll call it a homebrew Alternate Class Feature.

Summon Monster potions will not happen. That's would just be silly.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: August 29, 2011, 12:21:53 pm »

I think the only reason someone might allow the summon monster potions would be the rule of fun. Because if we do get one, you know someone is going to drink it. XD

and yeah, I went ahead and took the lab, but am not carrying it about with me. Will be in storage(either in a base somewhere, or on a caravan type thing like with the group).

Also, yes I'd prefer the desert version of the ally spell. This guy is a specialized Wasteland druid, and I'm trying to keep things connected with that as much as possible.

I'm not sure how much potion brewing I'm going to do, it costs exp after all, and lower level potions are pretty cheap. Higher levels might be a different story however, and I figure it brings a nice out of combat thing to think about.

And while we are talking here. Anyone have a good desert looking type elf? Like wearing a turban and covering most of his face? Harder to find a pog image than you might think.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: August 29, 2011, 12:35:14 pm »

I'm not going to tell you not to go with your desert-type guy (in fact, given the party's current location, it makes a helluva lotta sense), but fair warning: the group is likely to be leaving the desert relatively soon, so try to avoid powers that only function in the desert to avoid crippling yourself.
(well, there's still a bunch of stuff to do in the desert, BUT... the plot goes elsewhere.)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: August 29, 2011, 12:47:32 pm »

I found an image, but I'll need to colour correct the hell out of it. If you don't find one I'll post an image when it is ready.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: August 29, 2011, 12:53:44 pm »

Spoiler: Maelrigar's Log (click to show/hide)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: August 29, 2011, 12:55:00 pm »

I figured we would leave the desert before too long. However, my guy is being built to both take the desert with him, as well as turn other places into desert. Ie: Dessicate/Wither Plants, Dehydrate(or Dessicate again), then Soften Earth(turns dirt into sand). Three spells to do it, but he can make quite a bit of sand in very little time. This isn't really a combat thing, but if he happens to run out for alchemy materials or sand scimitar pinches he can make what he needs from Apep and the Spirit of the Desert's guidance. Should also be a lovely philosophical debate with the more plant-y druids in the group. ;)

He'll also have his shapesand and other alchemist sands. Along with a small pouch filled with sand for certain spells that need them like sandblast or sand scimitar. I also plan to have a barrel of sand from his homeland to use in emergencies in storage.

Also for those looking at pogs: Chose a Puma for my companion(Not the most desert-y thing, but I like the idea of having a cat, and it is more desert based than say a Leopard). Having a hard time finding a decent looking one that has that open mouth roar thing going on. I want it looking angry, and showing teeth if possible.

Edit: Mechanics should be done, except for spell DC's as I'm not sure about that just yet. And Hp rolls...
 http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=324499

Just need to write out my backstory, and have a stat block for the Puma and I should be ready to go. Let me know if anyone spots any issues.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 01:17:33 pm by Haika »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: August 29, 2011, 12:59:51 pm »

Hrm, good luck with that. Killing plants is going to get the nature cult all riled up, and the removal of water is going cause the Procan cult some headaches. It's a cool idea, though.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 244