Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299845 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (next game on July 30) (always recruiting)
« Reply #2190 on: July 29, 2011, 11:36:48 pm »

I'd prefer Monday, if possible. Any day but Sunday works, though.

PS. Updated character sheet since I dinged.

PSS. Will post journal superfast, before next session. Pinky promise.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (next game on July 30) (always recruiting)
« Reply #2191 on: July 29, 2011, 11:38:41 pm »

HAH! Nice! I approve.

Subsequent skeletal minions also get the stats for a human warrior skeleton. Basically you can reuse its character sheet and maybe change the name upon it, write some new fluff. (since you're having Mael carry Freddy's stuff anyway)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile

Only Sunday works for our usual start time. Any other day and I'll be at least 2.5 hours late.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh. I just noticed I forgot to add the bonus spells I get for my int modifier.
Time to change my journal a bit.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since the orb that Rush will be studying has a tendency to summon a lot of monsters, and he can only cast illusions I thought I may as well make a new back-up just to be safe. I picked a !!FUN!! goal didn't I?

For this one I was thinking of a baboon animal companion/VoP based Druid/Beastmaster. The RPing would be much more wild and natury than normal. To make this work epicly though I'd need the Aerenal Beastmaster feat approved, as well as the Beastmaster prestige class (CAdv, p.26), which grants more than one animal companion.

If you look at what each thing does you might go 'lol. Nope.' because +6 to effective druid level at level 6 (5 of which are actually druid levels, but still) is a bit excessive. Especially since I would have 2 baboons at that point. The beastmaster class when combined with the druid class grants a total of 5 animal companions at level 15 with an increasing level penalty for the last three. The major drawback of this build is that you are basically writing off wildshaping, and druidic magic, one of which are considered broken to many on the wizard forums if used correctly. In return there would be large amounts of crowd control... and monkeys... lots of monkeys. Fleshraker Dinos would have been cool, but they sound broken. Pounce/Trip and poison in one attack. Fun.

Anyways here is the basic feat description of the feat that I'd need approved:

Aerenal Beastmaster (RoE, p.105) - Baboon is added to your animal companion options at level 1, and is treated as three levels higher than normal. Being an elf is a prerequisite.

Are there any other animal companion based feats at all!? Other than Natural Bond I couldn't find ANY.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's helpful. Now I know that I need to find non-druid feats. Animal companion feats mostly are dependent on spellcasting, which I will be ditching early on. I'll find the feats I need eventually. I have a feeling that any VoP build I make will end up being a dodge tank. This will be awesome having AC again (assuming that the orb summons a lot of stuff, or one monster with true seeing). Until then I'll just confuse and irritate enemies like normal.  :)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

I think Sunday gets the vote... so, tomorrow at the usual time.

There are a LOT of ways for me to be an utter douchebag to you guys during tomorrow's session... but I think I won't, I'll just try to make it a little hard on you all. he he he
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Great. Luckily I have nearly died and/or been threatened with character death so many times that I seem to have built up a stockpile of backup characters. I just hope that 'hard on us all' isn't a euphemism for falling rocks.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since I won't be there tomorrow Rush'll be making Use Device checks just outside the city walls. Let me know if all hell breaks loose and don't be light on the monsters if there are any. I knew this would be a harsh goal when I chose it.

On an unrelated note my back-up will be a Ranger/Beastmaster. Because the ranger feats work better with the build, and now I can avoid VoP.

EDIT: So yeah. I don't need Aerenal Beastmaster, and I think I may just go for a pack of Dire Wolves, or something more intense than baboons. Ranger 5 and Nature Bond (CAdv, p. 111) would bring me up to an effective druid level of 5 (max for the ECL) making Aerenal Beastmaster more of a limiter than anything else. This might be awesome if I play it right, and macro EVERYTHING. If I ever take too long to respond, and I have 3-4 moves/turn then for everyone else's sake skip me. So... how bout them Fleshrakers and Swindlespitters? (MM3, p.40/41)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 01:08:00 am by The Fool »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Ranger/Beastmaster sounds nifty. The Nature Cult is always recruiting.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kimiko's Log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm kind of kicking myself for making Rush. He has the exact same RP issues that I encountered with Doctor Moon; he might kill EVERYONE. While I may not have mentioned it in-forum, Rush is trying to get to Limbo to get his wife back after he indirectly killed her. On top of that illusions lack all the utility and strength that I thought it would have, it seems that they also don't work on LOTS of things. What it all adds up to is a sub-par caster that aims to derail and kill everyone.

I swear, I should make a checklist when I write in a character. Step 1, will it not kill everyone in a direct or indirect manner? Step 2, does it have flavor text that won't make me headdesk? Step 3, are you SURE that what you picked isn't useless against most? I'm not intending to be the revolving wall of characters, but damn. Apologies in advance to Shoruke, because frankly I don't want to RP the death of everyone because I opened a gate to another plane, or because I traveled with someone and they encountered vermin. :( I'll post a character sheet in an hour or two and I'll write the backstory later.

EDIT: It should be complete, so here is the sheet so far. Backstory added. Don't save Rush any treasure when you finish the dungeon. It would be a bit of a waste, besides I doubt that I could claim treasure for anyone but Rush right now.

EDIT2: Just realized that Mael and Mysteller will have a hard time trusting a Fire Elf normally. I'm joining the Procan army. Yay. :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 12:13:01 pm by The Fool »

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile

That backstory makes me question if there isn't something hidden that fails step 1.

(Edit: Did we have a session on the 23rd? Because Myst has one for the 23rd.)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 02:31:53 pm by Kogan Loloklam »
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure that the Procan Cult could deal with the guards of a community of fire people.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 244