Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299849 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #2145 on: July 16, 2011, 04:00:43 pm »

The Vest of the Master Illusionist... 3/day, swift action to give +2 DC to give your next Illusion spell +2 DC and does spell level * 2 extra damage if applicable, allows the use of Sudden Metamagic feats when casting from wands or staves, costs 10,000 gp. Looks legit.

The unmodified version only works for evocations that do direct damage, but I'm balancing it out with the fact that most Illusions don't do damage directly, so that aspect of the vest is nigh-useless. (also bear in mind that this only applies to hitpoint damage, not attribute damage or suchlike)

And Mystellar's journal wasn't THAT hard to read. It was a bit like Cerrad's, only with an increased concentration of unnecessarily lengthened words to artificially instill the illusion of verbosity in the perception of the reader.

Today's session is in just over 2 hours. I don't think that there'll be a session next week though, since I'll have just gotten back from a camping trip and I will want to just rest.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:22:54 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: July 16, 2011, 05:32:48 pm »

So, do we discover the new Journal system now, or is that still pending?
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: July 16, 2011, 05:39:11 pm »

I'm glad that I have more than 1 magic item to get now, but I think I'll get the INT boosting hat first. BTW you can reduce the number of names my character has showing on the OP to just the ones on the character sheet (his gnomish name is longer than that anyways).

As for the journal system how about if you are lower than an ideal level you get higher than normal exp (1.5x journal exp?), but if you are over the ideal level you get reduced exp (0.75x journal exp). It would speed up those at lower levels and slow down those at higher levels. Bridging the level gap could be an issue without hurting someone's journal exp noticeably. No matter how you cut it higher level characters will stay higher level as far as exp is concerned.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: July 16, 2011, 05:58:03 pm »

OP is finally updated, by the way. And the server is up.

For journals...  I'm thinking that, for every level you are above the party average, you get 15% less journal exp; for every level below average, you get 15% extra. So if the average is 4 and you're level 6, you get 70 exp per level instead of 100. A level 3 person would get 115 exp per level. Etc.

The problem then becomes "what is the party's average"... since the roster changes every week or two, and if I decide based on who shows up, then I can't give out the journal exp until after the session starts. And for this particular session, that creates a problem, since a few people are somewhat close to a level up... Kimiko being the closest.

I think I'll leave the journals until the end of the session, so that I can get some feedback from the players.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: July 16, 2011, 08:56:57 pm »

Homebrew spell request:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Exactly like Produce Flame, except second level (the level clerics with the right domain get it), no light and electrical damage instead of fire.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 01:28:37 pm by Grek »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: July 16, 2011, 09:18:02 pm »

Shit completely slipped my mind haha, too late.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: July 16, 2011, 10:06:59 pm »

We're still playing, come on and play with us. It's super great.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: July 16, 2011, 10:27:32 pm »

Spoiler: Maelrigar's Log (click to show/hide)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: July 16, 2011, 10:54:55 pm »

Current Quest Kill Count: 13

6: Maelrigar: 375
5: Mystellar: 517
4: Andre: 550
3: Stihe, Vaba, Kimiko, Raspul, Rush: 619

Also, journals. And then bed. Too... much... looking... at... screen...
P.S. the loot from this session will be added to the loot for the next scheduled encounter. If you guys somehow manage to miss it... Ouch. That would take some serious work though.

P.P.S. OH RIGHT THE JOURNALS
Any complaints against the +- 15 exp per level per level deviation from the average? If not, who should I include in the "average": the people present at the start of the session, the end of the session, or anyone who's showed up for any of the previous 3 sessions?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 11:15:21 pm by shoruke »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (next game on July 30) (always recruiting)
« Reply #2154 on: July 16, 2011, 11:21:47 pm »

Maybe it is better if I don't show up at the next session. I'm almost out of non-personal spells. I COULD do another fight, but I'd be out of spells by the halfway point. Either way it seems that Rush will get to investigate that orb in the downtime.

BTW Shoruke you can list Van under the Dead and Gone tab.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: July 16, 2011, 11:29:21 pm »

My Kompendium
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: July 17, 2011, 12:01:07 am »

Hey, don't feel bad about having no spells left, aside from a little healing I was worse than useless, only the monty python references saved me...

P.S.
 I am taking a level in bad-oracle I get a new domain, it is going to be awesome, ish, maybe...

P.P.S.
 I would prefer the average party level be as average as possible, with characters from last 3 session, or even the whole roster, contributing. But may as well make it the folks that are there at the start of the session, should be easiest to track...

P.P.P.S.
 Our next foe was, alas, creatures of elemental water. It was a mercy then that they were corrupted and lacked the spirit of true water beings. Our task, clearly being to purge the lair of creatures, left little value in diplomacy, and their nature was corrosive to our tools, leaving the battle with no swift resolution. Conserving my strength for the guardians of the source of these conjurations I contributed little to the battle, which was predominatly uneventful regardless. I did, however, encounter a spontaneously generated water construct, overtaken by curiosity my researches lead me to discover that they are possessed of the most palatable of fluids, I shall have to determine if there is a means of replicating this effect in a more convenient form...

P.P.P.P.S.
 Living Refreshment
 Clr 3 Drd 3
 Conjuration(creation)[water]
 casting: 10 rounds
 range: 30 feet
 target: 1 living creature / 2 levels
 save: Fortitude negates(mostly harmless)
 SR: yes
 duration: 6 hours

This spell creates one animated column of water for every two levels that the caster possesses. These columns resemble eels and 'swim' to the targets then physically force the targets to imbibe them(the eels are magically cohesive and do not cause choking or drowning. If one of these 'eels' are successfully consumed, the consumer is, for the following 6 hours, granted a +4 bonus to fortitude saves versus dehydration effects, a 10-foot ehancement bonus to land speed, and damage resistance 10 versus fire. These effects are dispelled if the warded creature fails a fortitude save versus a dehydration effect.

P.P.P.P.S.P.S.
 I am not really satisfied with these bonuses, can anyone think of anything better?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: July 17, 2011, 12:05:31 am »

It could grant you the power to shoot watery sharks from your hands. Or maybe give you a watery... aura? Perhaps you can leak water. Water breathing? Fire breathing?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: July 17, 2011, 12:02:18 pm »

Spoiler: Raspuls Journal (click to show/hide)

Also, it would be nice if Mael could carry Freddys stuff for now. It would be annoying if I had to buy new equipment for the next one.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 10:02:11 am by Theoboldi »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: July 17, 2011, 06:19:30 pm »

Got it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 244