Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299875 times)

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #2115 on: July 10, 2011, 09:15:49 am »

I'll take the onyx since I'm the necromancer.

Also Journal.

Spoiler: Raspul's Journal (click to show/hide)

Edit: Rush's race is has been fixed
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 10:31:17 am by Theoboldi »

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: July 10, 2011, 10:21:27 am »

Rush is a Gnome

The Clearwaters are the Halfling siblings. Andre and Stihe.

also...

EXTRA EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT! JOURNALS FOUND HERE!

Because I forgot to link it in my journal post like I have been doing.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: July 10, 2011, 11:38:45 am »

There we go.

Spoiler: Vherid's Journal (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 02:43:36 pm by Vherid »

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: July 10, 2011, 01:06:48 pm »

... and returned to the town...
we never did that.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: July 10, 2011, 03:19:25 pm »

I know the Paladin code says that you're not supposed to thou shalt never willingly associate with someone you know is evil, but since you're roleplaying it as "I can change them", I'll let it go. I'm pretty lenient on anything that results in "you lose your right to be a player character", anyway.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: July 10, 2011, 03:24:47 pm »

Technically he's not even associated with him.

They are both employed by the same agency, and the agency has tasked the group with a quest for the good of everyone.
It'd be like the city watch. The Paladin is employed by the city watch but you got torturers involved in it too. They both work for the same agency, but one is in violation of the Paladin's code.

So as long as he doesn't act friendly or associate in a non-official capacity with the Necromancer, there isn't a problem.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: July 10, 2011, 08:16:44 pm »

Not quite as long as Shoruke's character's journal, but whatever.

Spoiler: Rush's journal (click to show/hide)
If no one noticed in this journal he has grieving issues. I'll need to add onto his backstory in case I want to further this aspect of his life. I haven't slept well in days, so just let me know if I have something wrong in my journal.

Dsarker, you may want to look into a different way to RP a paladin in battle, because not rushing into battle and luring them out is kind of a cheap tactic for a paladin. Normally you'd want to be at the front to take the brunt of the damage in order to protect people. Standing back and letting people get hurt is bad for the code. Also, monsters that are chaotic or evil in nature are enemies of a paladin and their code. So don't hold back on spiders.

EDIT: Sorry, not trying to be harsh Dsarker. Your RPing is good, but your RPing in battle is off for a paladin. Unless you can negotiate with it, something attacking you on sight can generally be considered either chaotic or evil. Negotiating isn't a terrible idea with most sentient monsters, but the storyline monsters are chaotic. Seriously though they summoned chaos maws in our first encounter with them. Fun stuff.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 10:16:28 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: July 10, 2011, 09:14:14 pm »

The nature of spider is hungry.

They also like baby spiders...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: July 10, 2011, 10:59:19 pm »

But an animal does not have an alignment. It is non-intelligent. It cannot put into thoughts the idea of an alignment. Unless, therefore, it is going to harm people, it is against code of Paladins of Heironeous to simply kill them.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: July 11, 2011, 12:01:24 am »

You realize that the reason you headed down there in the first place was because these spiders were hurting people, right? Normally it would be against your code, but they are harming people, and the events seem similar to what happened in Cliffmor (chaotic evil orb that summons purple monsters in fairly large volumes). So by fighting forward you'd be combating a greater evil, which is acceptable. I do see why you wouldn't want to fight though. You'd rather be sure of the goal at the end of the tunnel first. It's up to you how you want to press forward if we keep fighting spiders.

I was under the impression that you were RPing a 'should not fight anything' concept for no reason. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: July 11, 2011, 12:40:00 am »

No, in fact, I was rather late to the session, and wondered what was happening that had caused us to have to fight a drow arachnomancer.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: July 11, 2011, 11:27:45 am »

As to my observations of our own performance, I fear I was right to withhold my complete trust from the group. As expected, they have no concept of what value to extract from our recent exploits, and have left the responsibilities with myself, on my person, as I lack the knowledge of the locality required to determine adequate facilities for the obfuscation of our hazardous efforts. So I am stuck with it, and the impending doom that gathers about it.
I gave you a lead box. Also, our mission is to find an ocean, right?

Me and the other person jumped down the shaft while some magic need-er set everything on fire then I climbed back up there while everyone else had to use a rope and tried to get at something else that was still moving, but everything was finished off before I could... Such a disappointment of a fight.
If you want, we can have a private non-canon swordfight between Maelrigar and Vherid. I can set up a server and everything.  ;D

I'll get around to journalizing soon, but I have to sort through the chatlogs first. As for the paladin thing... the spiders were attacking us on sight, we we ordered by the law to kill them, and we were protecting civilian interests. None of that indicates that dying in a fiery explosion is a good tactic, even for the paladin.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: July 11, 2011, 12:02:24 pm »

Me and the other person jumped down the shaft while some magic need-er set everything on fire then I climbed back up there while everyone else had to use a rope and tried to get at something else that was still moving, but everything was finished off before I could... Such a disappointment of a fight.
If you want, we can have a private non-canon swordfight between Maelrigar and Vherid. I can set up a server and everything.  ;D
[/quote]

Twice my level ( and moreso technically ) that's hardly fair lol, but that's just how my barbarian is haha.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: July 11, 2011, 12:39:20 pm »

I still have an old level 3 character sheet.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 244