Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299901 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #2100 on: July 10, 2011, 12:00:45 am »

I think this is the first time I've ever run into a character that had to be physically restrained to prevent him from willingly charging forward to get blown up.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: July 10, 2011, 12:02:38 am »

Well that was fun, just add xp to char and thats about it? Do a journal thing for more xp?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: July 10, 2011, 12:11:18 am »

Aye, how do journals work now?

As for the new loot, all I can really use is the gold.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: July 10, 2011, 12:12:39 am »

Stihe wants the aquamarine.

Also, Kenneth was never physically restrained. I did hit him with a bit of RP to slow him down, and had the bomb not gone off I'd have made it stick, but anyway...
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: July 10, 2011, 12:14:04 am »

You should also claim a share of the loot. There's 2300 gold worth of gold and gems, a bag of holding and a sword. The bag of holding alone costs 2,500 gold and can carry up to 250 lbs of stuff.

I'd be interested in the bag, if nobody else wants it. Would allow me to pack up my Instruments of SCIENCE!!! inside, and store alchemy stuff in it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: July 10, 2011, 12:19:41 am »

I guess I'll claim 250 Gold then. Is someone going to pawn the sword, anyway?

Scree!

*swoops on the loot*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: July 10, 2011, 12:22:22 am »

I'll claim the sword, I suppose. I'll probably pawn it later but I think I'm the only one that can use it effectively if the need arises. (Otherwise, speak up!)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: July 10, 2011, 01:03:38 am »

I think it'll be a while until I have enough for Int increasing items (Fox Cunning items cost 4,000gp for +2 Int) since I can't find spell DC increasing items that don't cost 10,000gp for +1 (Greater weapon crystal). So yeah. I'll take about 275 gold since someone is going to get that Bag.

@Vherid: You can do a journal for more exp. For now it is 10% of your level, or about 300 exp for now.

Anyways since Dsarker missed it here are the Lawful Good alternatives I posted:

Spoiler: Choices! (click to show/hide)

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: July 10, 2011, 02:18:09 am »

Journals are my antithesis, but I am really bored with this level so...

"Once again we find ourselves contracted to enter under-ground caverns for the purposes of cleansing them of monstrous inhabitants. The similarities with our previous efforts strongly suggest that this is due to similar magics and it is likely that this is a precursor to an event of the magnitude that destroyed the community of Ibea. On that note it can be surmised that the larger capacity and greater concentration of creatures, along with the larger area of the occurences would indicate that the source of this effect is more influencial and heavily fortified than that found in the mining community which we first arrived at. One wonders if Ibea also has an under-ground space in which the magics were harboured, or if it was hidden by other means. Tthe small numbers and dispersed locality of the Ibea event suggests that the source may have been frequently relocated and that multiple sources may have been employed. The mining event was likely an experiment in efficiency, to see if a localised area could merely discourage investigation until sufficient influences, perhaps a concentration of magics, or a weakening of planar separation, could be gathered to trigger an event of sufficient magnitude to depopulate the area, as occured with the summoning of a dragon in Ibea.
 It does, therefore, seem most probable that our current opposition is some manner of fortress, intended to keep investigations at distance until the process can attain disastrous proportions. We can therefore expect the caverns to contain one or more locations that contain the source of this effect, likely more of those orbs that required the use of aligned waters to counter-act. Such locations can be expected to be fortified in some fashion, likely with powerful guardians, inteded to destroy rather than simply discourage, so my most potent magics should be conserved until such a source is identified.

As to my observations of our own performance, I fear I was right to withhold my complete trust from the group. As expected, they have no concept of what value to extract from our recent exploits, and have left the responsibilities with myself, on my person, as I lack the knowledge of the locality required to determine adequate facilities for the obfuscation of our hazardous efforts. So I am stuck with it, and the impending doom that gathers about it. We have joined the local efforts against the apparent summoning conspiracy, and been left in our cohesive group. Fortunate to be in such familiar setting, but the absence of any effort to gauge the relative proficiency of the participating parties demonstrates a disconcerting admission of inevitability of insufficiency, probably, in some cases, both concise and conclusive, of some elements of our collective enterprise.
 Still we endeavour to fulfil our assumed purpose of disinfesting the abode intowhich we arrive. Set upon by an obviously disadvantageous locale we located the expected ambush, a highly unusual specie of monstrous spider, likely of value for study, unusual in that its toxin is more akin to that of a centipede, affecting a loss of flexibility more than a weakening of applicable force as would be expected of a such a creature. Unfortunately our band demonstrated their aptitude for judiciousness by forcing an advance into an enclosed space with extremely limited access against a foe that is known for its talent at incapactation. Some effort to prepare a means of fording the physical impedimends would have been most encouraging, but, with the situation upon us there was little course but to conjure assistance to those poor unfortunates that proved successful in their objective of surmounting the cliffs. Fortunately my companion, who is demonstrating an admirable proficiency with the release of power, succeeded in crippling the opposing force. With a favouring of fortune I may be able to obtain samples of the venom producing equipment for comparison to monstrous centipedes and indulge my curiosity, and perhaps confirm a suspicion of a mingling of their anatomies. I fear that, though they are powerful, and clearly a most worthy disciple, that my companion may be somewhat excessive, and that discipline will be required for the success of our purpose. I fear that I shall be unable to indulge in a commitment towards complete honesty in my ambitions for the furthering of our purpose.

We have uncovered a valuable find, most probably formerly in the possession of a noble who somehow came into contact with our recent conquest. This magical compartment should be most valuable if used with a measure of caution, its companions, of little but monitary value, are mostly a thing of hording and indulgence, but I do require a reserve if funds, and should investigate my access to them, for contracts with otherworldly beings are notorious for their expence..."

P.S.
 I will eventually need some disposable funds for use with the Lesser Planar Ally spell...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: July 10, 2011, 03:09:58 am »

Paladins do have to give quarter to any enemy who requests it. My character is feeling very edgy and strained in his conduct because he's really kind of breaking one of the RAW bits of the CoC just by staying with the party.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: July 10, 2011, 06:59:41 am »

Quote from: S.R.D.
Code of Conduct

A paladin must be of lawful good alignment and loses all class abilities if she ever willingly commits an evil act.

Additionally, a paladin’s code requires that she respect legitimate authority, act with honor (not lying, not cheating, not using poison, and so forth), help those in need (provided they do not use the help for evil or chaotic ends), and punish those who harm or threaten innocents.
Associates

While she may adventure with characters of any good or neutral alignment, a paladin will never knowingly associate with evil characters, nor will she continue an association with someone who consistently offends her moral code. A paladin may accept only henchmen, followers, or cohorts who are lawful good.
Ex-Paladins

A paladin who ceases to be lawful good, who willfully commits an evil act, or who grossly violates the code of conduct loses all paladin spells and abilities (including the service of the paladin’s mount, but not weapon, armor, and shield proficiencies). She may not progress any farther in levels as a paladin. She regains her abilities and advancement potential if she atones for her violations (see the atonement spell description), as appropriate.

Like a member of any other class, a paladin may be a multiclass character, but multiclass paladins face a special restriction. A paladin who gains a level in any class other than paladin may never again raise her paladin level, though she retains all her paladin abilities.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: July 10, 2011, 07:34:28 am »

Yes. He is knowing adventuring with those of an evil alignment. RAW, he should be an ex-paladin already.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: July 10, 2011, 07:44:06 am »

I disagree. Associates is separate from Code of Conduct for a reason. Nothing under code of conduct says that you can't be the light in the darkness. You literally can be a paladin working in a den of ogres if you REALLY wanted so long as the missions are good in nature. If you read the entry under Ex-Paladin it does not say that your associations count for anything. So fighting on behalf of the library, or in this case the city of Eriden is definitely allowed since you are fighting for public safety.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: July 10, 2011, 08:52:26 am »

syvarrus, I just read Vaba's session 29 journal. You never spat. Good thing too, because when Pheron accepted that challenge I doubt the rest of the party would have Backed up Vaba a second time, and he would have been struck down.

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 244