Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300637 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #2040 on: July 06, 2011, 07:30:53 pm »

the +1 Magic Double-sword alone is worth 2700.)
You have to enchant each end of a double weapon separately.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: July 06, 2011, 08:08:06 pm »

With the easy photo manipulation that Barb was talking about here is that first token of the three he posted:

If it is too dark I can change it again.

EDIT: There is a barbarian rage variant in the Unearthed Arcana that give you (while you rage) an extra attack if all attacks take -2 to hit (great for axes at least), +4 to strength and reflex saves, and +2 to your AC. Normally it is +4 to strength and constitution, -2 to AC, and +2 to Will saves. It also takes away a fairly sub-par ability that you wouldn't miss much. It's just a different kind of rage, kind of even with the normal rage, but different.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:17:25 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: July 06, 2011, 09:56:49 pm »

Yea, I think that looks good. It actually fits with her "average appearance" somewhat.

Vherid, Look into finding a copy of the Magic Item Compendium if you want more kinds of items to look through.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: July 06, 2011, 10:13:39 pm »

With the easy photo manipulation that Barb was talking about here is that first token of the three he posted:

If it is too dark I can change it again.

EDIT: There is a barbarian rage variant in the Unearthed Arcana that give you (while you rage) an extra attack if all attacks take -2 to hit (great for axes at least), +4 to strength and reflex saves, and +2 to your AC. Normally it is +4 to strength and constitution, -2 to AC, and +2 to Will saves. It also takes away a fairly sub-par ability that you wouldn't miss much. It's just a different kind of rage, kind of even with the normal rage, but different.

So because my attacks are both -2 if I double strike I can rage with that and start hitting 3 times instead, and have those different stats instead. I think I like that one more, kinda makes me more juggernaut while swinging wildly.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: July 06, 2011, 10:30:27 pm »

Vherid, Look into finding a copy of the Magic Item Compendium if you want more kinds of items to look through.
Yarr, that be a good idea, matey.

Edit: Also, is the Complete Warrior Non-Spellcasting Ranger variant okay? For purposes of Yoink.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 10:35:38 pm by RedWarrior0 »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: July 06, 2011, 11:21:13 pm »

Also, just checked your sheet Vherid. You have a base attack bonus of +2, plus 5 for strength mod?

Then your attack bonus for your weapons should be 8 for one strike, 2/2 for double strike, and 0/0/0 for a triple strike.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: July 06, 2011, 11:29:34 pm »

Red, have you seen the Champion of the Wild Ranger variant (Complete Champion, p.50)? It removes spell casting in favor of more feats. It basically turns a ranger into a fighter with an animal companion. Other than the fast movement you won't be using many other of the abilities of the CW Variant Ranger with the party size we have.

Also, ignore what Dsarker is saying, because the (+6/+6) on your sheet is for when you rage, not normal combat. If it were normal combat then he'd be right.

EDIT: If anyone is interested I made a sheet for my familiar. I love the hawk's spot check.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:33:53 pm by The Fool »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: July 06, 2011, 11:31:24 pm »

However, if he is using your variant, then he will want the 0/0/0 one.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: July 06, 2011, 11:54:49 pm »

Actually attacking with an off-hand normally should be +6/+6 for him when raging, but adding the extra rage attack makes it +4/+4/+4 since it uses the highest bonus instead of adding a third attack in a normal way.

It starts as a total BAB of +8. Then it's split in order to make two attacks making it +4/+4 with the Two-weapon fighting feat. If he rages then it becomes +4/+4/+4 thanks to a +4 to strength and an extra attack (reduces all attacks by 2) at the highest bonus due to a class feature.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 12:01:22 am by The Fool »

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: July 07, 2011, 01:41:02 am »

How do you get 4/4 from two weapon fighting?

It's -2 -2, A double weapon counts as light weapon for Off-hand.

So it's 6/6 without rage.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: July 07, 2011, 02:30:22 am »

The Attune Waters spell looks almost fine to me, except for the bit about breathing the water freely. For one thing, it would make the most sense if only properly-aligned characters could breathe the water... but my bigger issue is that Water Breathing is already a level-three spell. If you take out the ability to breathe the water, then it's fine, otherwise I think you'll need to change the spell level to four. Still, looks like a highly useful spell in this campaign. As for the worries about munchkinry (involving transporting it, with or without Dust of Dryness, or using it as a spell component), I think that we can just have it retain its aligned-ness for 1 day if you remove it from the area, and can't be used as a spell component (because magic'd things just typically make funky-weird spell components that don't work). If you'd like to propose different anti-munchkinry, be my guest.
The thing about the spell is that it is tied to a point in space geological coordinate and takes 24 hours to cast. The reason for the breathing thing is that it lets the aquatic races stick their heads out of the water to hurl insults, visit a surace temple, or just avoid the situation of having to fight people who have a clear advantage in ranged-weaponry. As for surfacers, it lets them come visit the under-water temple, hide in an under-water strong-point, or duck under the surface when someone lets loose with a stink-bomb... It is differentiated from water breathing in that it is bound to a point and doesn't let you explore without holding your breath. To use it as an underwater exploration magic I would need to be 7th level and to cast an extended version of water-breathing on myself to stay underwater long enough to cast the spell and then use multiple castings to make spots to jump to. Oh, and the aligned water bit is meant to be tied to the emanation and not the water, so ifdeally it would not be possible to move aligned water from the area. As a permanent effect level 4 would probably be a better level for it. I am also happy to lose the water-breathing bit, it is a fun touch, but certainly not necessary. I really only want a spell or ritual to go alomng with my stated goal of sanctifying all of the water bodies in the world.

I think it would also be good to break the effect if the area was ever completely dry, it would guarantee that the spell was cast around water and give the mundanes a way of dealing with it, which is often overlooked...

link to the spell, adding it to my first post...

P.S.
 Does anyone know of a way to adjust the reply screen, my wordwrap while typing this is about two-and-a-half times as wide as I can see...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: July 07, 2011, 02:38:46 am »

You make 1 standard attack at +8 under normal conditions; You get a +2 from BaB, +5 from Strength Mod and +1 for a masterwork weapon.
You make 2 attacks at +6 while two-weaponfighting; you get a -2 for two-weaponfighting with feat and light weapon.
You make 3 attacks at +6 when raging and TWFing; -2 for taking the extra attack and +2 due to the 4 extra strength.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: July 07, 2011, 06:36:34 am »

Does anyone know of a way to adjust the reply screen, my wordwrap while typing this is about two-and-a-half times as wide as I can see...

Do a hard refresh of the forums. (Shift-F5) That was posted in the future of the fortress topic as a solution.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: July 07, 2011, 08:02:10 am »

You make 1 standard attack at +8 under normal conditions; You get a +2 from BaB, +5 from Strength Mod and +1 for a masterwork weapon.
You make 2 attacks at +6 while two-weaponfighting; you get a -2 for two-weaponfighting with feat and light weapon.
You make 3 attacks at +6 when raging and TWFing; -2 for taking the extra attack and +2 due to the 4 extra strength.

I'm wrong. I overlooked the light weapon bit. So it's +6/+6/+6 while raging.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:04:13 am by The Fool »

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: July 07, 2011, 11:27:22 am »

With all these posts, I might have missed a journal. Please make sure that all your journals and other little bits of Forum RP are appropriately placed in my Kompendium

For you new guys and visitors that have just happened to randomly check the last page, that link goes to a collection of all the journal entries for our group. It's a good way to get a patchwork view of everything that has occurred in this game.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 244