Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300531 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1665 on: June 05, 2011, 12:56:28 am »

The plot is going to be all up in your grill pretty quick here. You'll be able to take it at your own speed, more or less, but there you have it.

10,000 gold pieces are available, to be split as the group sees fit.

Journals for experience. That last round was rather verbose, which is good. Great, even. Perhaps someday literature critics will read our glorious thread and then point to it as a good exercise in storytelling. It's like Heavy Rain with less of the inane QTEs and more plot...ness. And characters who outright defy the Captain Generic archetype.

Today's Unnecessarily Confusing Acronyms of the Day are brought to you by TvTropes, which does not have a page for hidden or secret shops. Please support the effort to rectify this sad situation by contributing examples.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: June 05, 2011, 01:00:42 am »

As a note, I would request you put our new library up in our Group Inventory.

And could I draw on party funds to get a nice +1 longbow? My sling is proving less adequate now that we all have been leveling.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: June 05, 2011, 01:02:26 am »

I have no idea of what the party fund is doing now, but I'm only taking 200 gold for the soup kitchen again. So Mael or Tallu, if you need the gold for an enchantment or a weapon the extra 900 is up for grabs.

It's nice to have something to write about now. Namingly the story of the trip to the library and back, hooray for that. Are the prisoners worth exp or are Kogan and I out of luck this time?

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: June 05, 2011, 01:03:24 am »

And could I draw on party funds to get a nice +1 longbow? My sling is proving less adequate now that we all have been leveling.
I have a masterwork heavy crossbow, that's a large chunk of cost right there.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: June 05, 2011, 01:34:14 am »

I'm surprised we aren't getting "Rings of Sustenance" as well with all the food we are consuming.

Also I'm holding out for a "Cloak of Charisma"
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: June 05, 2011, 02:52:56 am »

Rings of Sustenance are a ripoff.

Figure it costs 2500 gp.
Assuming you eat nothing but trail rations at 5 sp per day, that equals out to more than 13 years before you saved enough food costs to pay for itself.

the 36 silver is for feeding 24 people 1.5 days, for those who are curious.

Of course the chef also has a monthly cost of 3 sp/day, but in exchange you all are eating for 1 SP a day, which is worried about and tracked by me, not by any of you (assuming you have regular contact with the party caravan, which is currently Bote.)
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: June 05, 2011, 09:35:46 am »

I think between the druids and the ranger, we're set on food.

How much gold did we get from the princesses/hags again? And how much this session?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: June 05, 2011, 06:08:56 pm »

That was an awesome session. It reminds me of the randomness of my first D&D group, except we have an overarching story which is great. I hope no one minds a bit of reading though.

I really hope that more random stuff happens like it did yesterday. Well, as long as it doesn't happen EVERY session. That would be a bit much.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: June 05, 2011, 07:12:39 pm »

Well that is kinda the problem of playing it safe, whenever you do that nothing exciting is going to happen. Hence why I'm so odd with Nael, I purposely made him that way to make an interesting character who can make interesting things happen. Like being turned into a Toy truck.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: June 05, 2011, 09:45:22 pm »

Spoiler: Maelrigar's Log (click to show/hide)
PS: How about that Shark Bolt?

Spoiler: KA-SHARK (click to show/hide)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: June 06, 2011, 12:03:37 am »

You know, I've been looking to try and get into D&D...I figure this could be a good starting point.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=302980

I did my best, anyway. I'm sure I made mistakes. I didn't really spend alot of my starting gold yet. I could expand on pretty meager backstory, too...

I'll appreciate any tips on making a first character-I was looking at prestige classes and Halfling Whistler really caught my eye.
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20061121a

First time player says-oh God it's all so confusing...looking forward to playing soon :)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: June 06, 2011, 03:35:13 am »

I'm only awake enough to take a cursory look at things right now, I'll make more in-depth adjudications in the morning...
Shark Bolt looks reasonable, but I'll wait until morning to approve it...
I'm not awake enough to critique a whole character sheet, but I think that with Heroic Durability you should have more than 14 hp there, Dwarmin...
And no to that Halfling Whistler class. It's basically a wizard with better... almost everything. Better hit dice, better saves, better BAB, better skill points, same spellcasting but more of it, free counterspelling, and a few other assorted class features. This is in exchange for 2 magic feats and familiar progression, and has some (rather easy to meet, aside from Halfling race) restrictions.

But I look forward to seeing you during sessions.

Speaking of, there won't be a session this Saturday, since I work that day(at 6 PM... sessions start at 5 PM for me and it takes 30 minutes to get to work, so yeah). I'm not currently scheduled to work on Friday or Sunday; I won't know for 100% sure about Sunday until Thursday, but if there's enough interest I can host a session on one of those 2 days.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: June 06, 2011, 08:19:42 am »

Phew, and I just came here to say I'll be at the NAC on Saturday and thus gone. I'll see what I can do about friday or Sunday, but it's not looking likely.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: June 06, 2011, 04:00:31 pm »

Speaking of, there won't be a session this Saturday, since I work that day(at 6 PM... sessions start at 5 PM for me and it takes 30 minutes to get to work, so yeah). I'm not currently scheduled to work on Friday or Sunday; I won't know for 100% sure about Sunday until Thursday, but if there's enough interest I can host a session on one of those 2 days.
If need be I can cancel the Friday session of my game.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: June 06, 2011, 04:09:20 pm »

For reference, my hit points would 8+1 (base)+10 (heroic durability)+d8+1 (lv.2), correct?

Edit, tis a Druid btw
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 08:04:58 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 244