Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300480 times)

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1440 on: April 22, 2011, 01:00:22 pm »

I won't be able to attend the sessions for the next two weeks
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: April 22, 2011, 01:58:35 pm »

I got a problem with it. Session ended before any sailing back to the ruins was done. It ended before noon the day we arrived in sandsedge, in fact.

I mention it because that Evening Pheron has stuff to do ;)

I added something about that now.
Did I get everything important down now?

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: April 22, 2011, 04:41:40 pm »

Much better. The session ended before they left the mages guild, but I think you split so didn't catch that. Either way it appears to be doing the main tasks.

Journals are supposed to help people understand what happened during the session so that when they come in a few sessions later they can pick up without being too lost. There are always a few discrepancies in how people view the same situation, plus how the events are written in character changing those perceptions, so it can sometimes seem to be quite off for the same situation. I like to add "also happened this session" to mine, so that some of the important things (like quest info) can be carried over even out of character, but I forget and leave things out sometimes.

Anyway, looks good to me now, though I'm not the one who gives judgment on EXP value. :)
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: April 23, 2011, 10:11:06 am »

I think that I won't make it today. I have a final on Monday and I need to study some more.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: April 23, 2011, 12:34:02 pm »

They can relate the events of the day to their teddy-bear?

Shoruke, can i ad a teddy bear to my inventory? :P

>.>
<.<
Yes. It will cost you 2 sp.

Also, there will be no session today, because finals. Philosophy isn't HARD, by any means, but it does involve a schistload of reading that I should really get started on.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: April 23, 2011, 04:41:13 pm »

Spoiler: Journal (click to show/hide)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: April 23, 2011, 09:14:22 pm »

This just in:
Code: [Select]
[r:rand=1d10000]
[h:createMacro("testing"+rand, "[h: name="+'+"bob"+'+"]
[r:name]", "playerEditable=false;color=black;fontcolor=lime", ";") ]
=
[h: name=+"bob"+]
[r:name]
=
bob

[r:rand=1d10000]
[h:createMacro("testing"+rand, "[h: name='bob']
[r:name]", "playerEditable=false;color=black;fontcolor=lime", ";") ]
=
[h: name=+'bob'+]
[r:name]
=
bob
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: April 23, 2011, 11:13:11 pm »

so ' == " when paired?
(Edit: I assume that this is referencing Nesting.)
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: April 24, 2011, 12:20:42 am »

I don't really understand it to be honest, but it seems that ' is used as a constant for the string " and that the two are interchangeable in macro language, except in that a ' is recognised as a ' in a string designated by ". What is really weird is trying to use ' as a constant, on its own it is recognised as a string designator, but in "[h: name="+'+"bob"+'+"]
[r:name]" it works as a variable with the value of ". That it isn't recognised as a string designator is quite bizarre...

P.S.
 It seems that a " in a string designated by ' will be recorded as a " within that string, but what happens the the +s in '+"bob"+' if they are in an area designated as a string?

Indeed '[h: name="bob"][r:name]' seems to be recognised as a single string which includes "bob" but that still doesn't explain "+'+"bob"+'+"...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 12:36:08 am by RAM »
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: April 24, 2011, 05:18:42 pm »

This might have drawn on a little too long, but can we create a new, more definitive poll for the ship's name? We have something like 23 votes in the original poll and several people changed their minds, and posted new names since then. The list of names is on page 79 if anyone is interested.

We should make a decision of what should be in the poll before we hold a vote though. A new list of names should be made (in an attempt to shorten the list of names). To start this off I'll nominate my choice from the last list, Maelstrom. I'll make a list of nominations and update it whenever possible. To make it less complicated and to avoid a fight over name rejection no names will be rejected unless it's necessary. If no one wants a specific name then it can be crossed off the list as well.

To nominate a name, just mention it and I'll add it as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 02:55:34 pm by The Fool »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: April 24, 2011, 06:53:18 pm »

The lists around the reply#1170 mark do not seem to include any of the original suggestions. If we are leaving it to a vote then I would like to see all options being available and leaving it to the vote alone, unless someone wishes to express a complete personal incompatibility with a particular name. Although the voting system seems a bit flawed, give someone a single vote and the votes will likely be spread out and folk will be encouraged to make alternate accounts and such to vote for something more popular if their original vote is lonely. Let people vote for everything they want to and it will likely result in a tie with a small list of items getting votes from everyone.
 Maybe you could use a multiple vote system to generate a list of popular items and then place only those in a single-vote environment...
Read the First Post!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: April 24, 2011, 07:01:18 pm »

I say just do it informally: have everyone say which they (dis)like.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: April 25, 2011, 07:06:36 am »

There was a voting system like that online, but I'd need to find it again. The idea was actually to create a new list that is made up of both old and new names. The two most popular in the current vote should probably be added onto the new list, my fault.

Anyways, when all the name ideas are in I'll make a poll with multiple votes. Name gathering shouldn't run on longer than a week or two though. We haven't had a ship name for about a month or two now.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 08:48:48 am by The Fool »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: April 25, 2011, 10:21:49 am »

I think Bote is a fittinng name.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: April 25, 2011, 10:26:11 am »

Yea, I've been treating the name as "Bote" too, since the issue was never forced in a Session, and it became so hard to come up with a consensus. If we are trying to name it something else, let's take the start of the next session to determine it. That way it's decided once and for all.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 244