Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300470 times)

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1410 on: April 16, 2011, 05:23:22 pm »

Hey guys! Daner and I unfortunately are not going to be able to make today's session (she's sick, I'm playing nursemaid). SO UH, I guess pretend Edmund and Foxy wandered off to go make out on with the ship or something.

Pre-post edit: Geez shoruke, give Red a break, he has to digest. ;D
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: April 16, 2011, 05:24:31 pm »

I will be making todays session (finally)... it has been awhile for me so the story line has probably surpassed what I remember.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: April 16, 2011, 05:43:40 pm »

I assume it'll be Game Name "Eastern Marches" with herpadurp as the password again then.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: April 16, 2011, 06:00:27 pm »

My shopping list:

Spoiler: Selling (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Purchase (click to show/hide)

I also want to price out getting the full plate mail resized to fit me, and if I can afford it after all the modfications and purchases I'd like to do it as well. If it does happen, I want to consult with Corina to see if the magical enchantment of it can also be resumed. If the platemail can be resized and I can afford it and have it ready before the boat departs again, I will instead give the Officer the Chain Shirt I am wearing instead of buying him studded leather.

FURTHERMORE, Taken out of the party funds (and not done if it is not granted)
An additional Armory Modification done to Bote to hold Siege Engine Ammunition accessible by the main deck
The purchase of 50 Ballista Bolts to be contained in the siege ammunition armory.
Simple Wagon parts so that a crude small wagon (or a makeshift siege engine transportation system) to be stowed below deck in the empty space below the Sterncastle.
Rope, netting, and nails as needed to make a proper stow for the wagon parts below deck.

-20 vials of drow poison can be vendor-trashed for 750 gp.
-building a storage area into the sterncastle of the ship would cost you an arm, a leg, and both antlers, because currently that space is taken up by... basically the exhaust pipe from the forge, which directs the smoke and a bunch of the heat out of the bote and into the air behind it (this mechanism runs on magic, or possibly some physics that I don't know). If you clutter that space up, use of the forge will heat the interior of the bote up enough that everyone inside will be making some really hard fort saves.
-Plate mail can't normally be resized... luckily for you, magic armor (that is, anything with +1 or higher enhancement modifier) automatically adjusts itself to fit the wearer, so you can actually already wear that suit of armor.
-The ballistae that the natives of the Suntide Desert use usually have an ammunition storage thing basically built right onto the side, and yours already has 20 bolts. If it makes you feel better, though, I can draw a thinger to represent the ammo next to your ballista.
-Having your shopping finalized now is all well and good, but the actual purchasing will happen next time you reach a town.

Server is up, try and join, same password as last time...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: April 16, 2011, 06:02:59 pm »

It says It timed out.
Can you tell me the address so I can join directly?

Edit. worked now. I'm in
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:10:28 pm by Theoboldi »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: April 16, 2011, 06:09:08 pm »

It was the Daylight savings time thing. Didn't help that the forum doesn't auto detect DST

I also cannot connect.

Edit: scratch that, I'm in as well
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:11:08 pm by RedWarrior0 »

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: April 16, 2011, 06:09:33 pm »

Bah, I didn't realize that entire space was for venting. Nor did I realize we had ammo. I'll have to give the wagon thing a bit of thought. Is there room for it stowed along the walls belowdecks?
Also, does the ammo storage on the siege weapon have room for more ammo, or is 20 full?

That armor thing is convenient though. Makes it much easier :)
The rest of the stuff works then.

I'm getting a Timeout on the join also. You got the port forwarding on? It's also possible your router assigned a new IP address. (192.168.1.103 might redirect to your xbox now, which means you'll need to change the last 3 numbers to whatever it is now.)

Edit: A 2nd chest and 20 GP lock for an armory chest as well. I got it written down
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:11:11 pm by Kogan Loloklam »
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: April 16, 2011, 06:10:56 pm »

Connection works now.
Apparently I have to re-setup my port forwarding thing every time I renew my IP address. That shouldn't happen too often during summer vacation, though.

The ballista on your ship can hold a maximum of 20 bolts; this can be upgraded to 50 for a paltry 10 gp.
Also, it seemed to me that you wanted kinduva collapsable wagon? That can be done, and stored belowdecks. I'd have to do some freestyle guesstimation during the session to give you a price though. (nothing I can't handle)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:12:48 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: April 16, 2011, 06:17:54 pm »

Huh, I can't see your Ip on Hamachi Shoruke?
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: April 16, 2011, 06:22:46 pm »

I'm not using Hamachi. I disabled my computer's ability to run the godforsaken program, and told it to not start when my computer boots. We are now using PORT FORWARDING! To connect, select East Marches from the list of games (don't go to the direct tab). The password is hurpadurp. (note the odd spelling)

Pheron, Vaba, Van, and Ethan receive their journal exp.

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: April 16, 2011, 06:26:15 pm »

It's saying wrong password
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: April 16, 2011, 06:34:23 pm »

password is "herpadurp"
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: April 16, 2011, 09:59:26 pm »

Theo, there seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding. All characters are ret-conned into existence at the start of the session for this campaign. You are assumed to have been with the party since the beginning.

Sorry if the session was a bit dull because of this. Shoruke will try to make this a bit more evident in the OP. Once again, sorry.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: April 16, 2011, 10:01:02 pm »

So, new players don't seem to be noticing... but in the OP, it says that new characters just pop into existence and we ignore the whole "lack of continuity" thing. I doubt that anyone who joins more than, say, a couple days from now will notice this post, but perhaps Jusman and Theoboldi will catch it. And now to make it really, really hard to miss.

WHEN YOU JOIN THE GAME
YOU POP INTO EXISTENCE
AND NOBODY CARES HOW

(in other news, ninja'd)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: April 16, 2011, 10:53:16 pm »

Unless you specifically ask for otherwise. You are assumed to be on the ship when you aren't with the party. Or with whatever caravan we have. Permanant camp nearby. Something.

Anyway, my journal...

Also happened this session:
The group went to sandsedge mage guild to turn in a quest and get Akoth home. Van donated a ton to a soup kitchen. We learned we'll get shortchanged if we turn in only a few of the research notes rather than the complete set. We discovered Shoruke's math brain is damaged from his finals.

The Kompendium
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 244