Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300459 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1395 on: April 15, 2011, 11:30:45 pm »

Hey guys, seeing as my original saturday group got cancelled, I wondered if I could join here?

Yea you can join. Refer to the OP. You should be starting your character at level 2. Also you get Heroic Durability feat for free which would have changed your HPs there. (5 is just wrong ;) )

Also, your ability points look wrong to me. It is done with the 32 point buy system. Maybe I am missing an adjustment there somewhere? +2 con -2 cha, means 16 (10), 16(10), 14(6), 8(0), 10(2), 14(6). 34?

I got beaten to the draw on that one. Also, tank goodness for tanks, the group is lacking in them. It's getting hard to find appropriate-CR encounters that don't utterly demolish the hordes of squishies.

And Kogan beat me to the draw concerning Araph as well; if you'd just shown up and continued to play Araph, I'd just have been like "'k, btw your group has moved the ship to the docks and joined back up with the rest of the party". But if you want to make a new character, I suppose that's fine.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 16, 2011, 12:53:38 am »

One small thing, why does a dwarven barbarian have 16 dexterity? I mean, if you want to be a dwarven barbarian gymnast, that is a welcome bit of character, but the roll-player in me wants it mentioned.

P.S.
 You get maximum HP at 1st level. Assuming that you take the average hit points option, you get 12 for Barb 1, 6 for barb 2(or 7 if we are rounding up for some reason), 10 for being a hero, and 6 for 16 constitution, A.K.A. 34.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 16, 2011, 07:44:49 am »

Okay, I fixed it.
Is it correct now?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

About the high dexterity, I didn't actually think about that.
Can't we just put it under willing suspension of disbelief? ;)
But seriously, any ideas how to explain it are of course welcome.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 07:48:38 am by Theoboldi »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 16, 2011, 08:13:35 am »

I think the dex thing is not a problem. You can have a character that just dodges things, like a boxer, not overly acrobatic but dodges punches (which the extra 3 AC could do). I mean it's not like your taking tumbling levels. It should be fine.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: April 16, 2011, 11:10:25 am »

Dwarves don't get penalties to dexterity. Read my Sig and stop with your stereotyping!

Also, why does everyone count Pheron out for tankiness? It's probably because Maelrigar kills everything so darn fast that I never really needed to be at the front lines.

Meh. Well after this shopping trip I'll be looking to get a good deal better at it anyway.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: April 16, 2011, 11:41:01 am »

And Kogan beat me to the draw concerning Araph as well; if you'd just shown up and continued to play Araph, I'd just have been like "'k, btw your group has moved the ship to the docks and joined back up with the rest of the party". But if you want to make a new character, I suppose that's fine.

Thanks!
Would you be willing to approve a homebrewed-ish race? It's a monster race, but it's nerfed to what a normal race would be like.

Spoiler: Pixie Race (click to show/hide)

I know that flying is usually pretty iffy, which is why there's the roll penalty and the lower than normal ability modifiers.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 12:50:27 pm by Araph »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: April 16, 2011, 12:21:09 pm »

That doesn't have a maneuverability for the fly speed.

I suggest you take Weapon Finesse if Shor approves the race.

LLV isn't out to a certain range; it's Darkvision that has a range.

The vanilla pixie has sorcerer as favored class, so I'd think that would stay the same

EDIT: Also, how recent is the party inventory?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 12:38:52 pm by RedWarrior0 »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 16, 2011, 12:48:16 pm »

Ah, my bad. I'll fix those things. About the favored class, I switched it to rogue because a) it still fits with pixies and b) if I didn't it would kill me in the later parts of the game.

EDIT: Does the title of the thread apply to today?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 01:46:11 pm by Araph »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 16, 2011, 03:49:32 pm »

@Araph: There should be a session today. Which I can now go to because I'm sick today. Hooray for illness!

@Kogan: The reason I don't consider your character a tank is because it's balanced. It has fair HP, and a decent AC score, but neither are high enough to say "I can tank a group of enemies and not die." You can take hits. There is no denying that, but you can't pull everyone without being in danger.

Although the snake battle with Maelrigar was kind of surprising. I wouldn't have guessed that the snakes would be so ridiculous in a group. So maybe the whole tank debate depends on what your fighting.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 16, 2011, 03:51:46 pm »

A little question here, around what time will the session be?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 16, 2011, 04:35:54 pm »

I cast an aside-glance at that race, but I'll give it an okay if you remove the +2 search, spot and listen bonuses, and give it a new name... because pixies (well, pixie sprites) already exist.

The session starts in 1 hour, 25 minutes from now.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 16, 2011, 05:10:00 pm »

We doing Hamatchi today?
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: April 16, 2011, 05:17:06 pm »

I have dinner right now so I may be up to an hour late.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 16, 2011, 05:20:53 pm »

...You're going to be eating for another hour and 40 minutes? If you'd said "I have a dinner party right now" I'd get it, but YEESH.

Also, I don't think we'll be using Hamachi. I didn't need it for the last session, and I hope for everyone's sake we don't need it now.

EDIT for other news! Today's session will be no more than 4 hours, 25 minutes long. This is because, 4.5 hours after the session starts (or should have started), I need to be crossing the threshold of my house, on my way to rescue my surviving friends and family from the cold, harsh inner reaches of Saskatoon.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 05:28:45 pm by shoruke »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 244