Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300463 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (no session this week) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1380 on: April 11, 2011, 08:12:18 am »

What's wrong with your firewalls? Mine are unchanged and I connected just fine. If I were the host it'd be a different story, but I'm not.

Ehh derp. I just downloaded it, and I'm gonna try it in a bit.

I feel stupid...

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: April 12, 2011, 01:47:16 pm »

??? Did I miss a session?
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: April 13, 2011, 04:58:00 pm »

Nope. Finals are kicking in for university students. I have no idea if we have one this week either.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: April 13, 2011, 10:10:48 pm »

I likely won't be at this week's session, I'll be on tour. I might be able to use the hotel's internet to do so, and if so I'll keep you folks posted.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: April 14, 2011, 04:07:56 pm »

There will be a session this week, although I may be somewhat stressed due to the aftermath of my math final. Fuck integration. I'd pay $1000 CAD to turn borg for those 3 hours so that integration would come naturally to me. It wouldn't be so bad if they would let me use a formula sheet for trig derivations at least, but nooo...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (game on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1385 on: April 14, 2011, 11:07:25 pm »

It's not that bad to do trig integration. Just memorize everything and you'll be fine. Then again I'll need to do that on a regular basis when I'm out of university in at least 7 years, so don't take my word for it. And yes that is a long time. Hopefully math is a bit more kind as you go along.

On a different note I can't make it to the Saturday session because I'll be at least 3-4 hours late. I hope everyone can live with no damage mitigation for the week.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: April 15, 2011, 05:53:07 pm »

. . .

Ok, I feel like a retard for dropping out and now coming back, but could I re-join the group? Now that I've played a bit more and read a lot more, I think I'd be able to come regularly and not play stupidly.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: April 15, 2011, 05:56:02 pm »

My shopping list:

Spoiler: Selling (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Purchase (click to show/hide)

I also want to price out getting the full plate mail resized to fit me, and if I can afford it after all the modfications and purchases I'd like to do it as well. If it does happen, I want to consult with Corina to see if the magical enchantment of it can also be resumed. If the platemail can be resized and I can afford it and have it ready before the boat departs again, I will instead give the Officer the Chain Shirt I am wearing instead of buying him studded leather.

FURTHERMORE, Taken out of the party funds (and not done if it is not granted)
An additional Armory Modification done to Bote to hold Siege Engine Ammunition accessible by the main deck
The purchase of 50 Ballista Bolts to be contained in the siege ammunition armory.
Simple Wagon parts so that a crude small wagon (or a makeshift siege engine transportation system) to be stowed below deck in the empty space below the Sterncastle.
Rope, netting, and nails as needed to make a proper stow for the wagon parts below deck.

Also, Araph, I believe you were never dropped, since I never saw any statement like that. You just seemed to have missed a ton of sessions. Am I missing something?

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 15, 2011, 05:59:59 pm »

That's why I feel like a moron; I didn't say anything like 'Hey, I'm not gonna be able to make it to the sessions for a while' or anything. I just left.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: April 15, 2011, 06:03:30 pm »

I think Shoruke has said several times the equivalent that it doesn't matter. Probably wouldn't have even commented if you just appeared at the next one ;)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: April 15, 2011, 06:11:03 pm »

Yeah, but a big part of my stupid feeling is that I want to play a different character.

In all the games I've played, it's always been more fun to play someone with a distinct personality. The characters that I've made in this game were just sorta of blah-ed out. I'd prefer to play as someone who's thoughts and plans have effort invested in them, instead of playing a metaphorically faceless wizard or rogue. Now whenever I try to make a character, I look up classes and feats and start planning out how I'm going to play the character, as opposed to throwing him together as a spur-of-the-moment whim. I've found that makes it way more fun, and I'd like to do that in this game, too.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: April 15, 2011, 06:27:19 pm »

A character has character based on how you play it, not how you made it. I've seen awesome backstories thrown away because the character is played blandly. The Fool thought his character had no depth too if I recall, but then he took a look at it and realized the richness that is there.

Arrus didn't seem totally bland from what I saw, but you should want to play your character, so meh.

(Edit ref: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66117.msg1948839#msg1948839 )

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: April 15, 2011, 07:37:56 pm »

Hey guys, seeing as my original saturday group got cancelled, I wondered if I could join here?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 08:45:13 pm by Theoboldi »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: April 15, 2011, 10:47:24 pm »

Wow... How does Vaba Jidoiit have 23 dexterity at level 2? Is it a racial thing?

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: April 15, 2011, 11:18:29 pm »

Hey guys, seeing as my original saturday group got cancelled, I wondered if I could join here?

Yea you can join. Refer to the OP. You should be starting your character at level 2. Also you get Heroic Durability feat for free which would have changed your HPs there. (5 is just wrong ;) )

Also, your ability points look wrong to me. It is done with the 32 point buy system. Maybe I am missing an adjustment there somewhere? +2 con -2 cha, means 16 (10), 16(10), 14(6), 8(0), 10(2), 14(6). 34?
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 244